It's Time To Discuss Content! What Is Considered Content To You?

Gameplay

76 replies to this topic

#41 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Mechs

Maps

Game modes

Game updates

Hopefully one day PVE...

You know.. all that involves playing the game i'd call content..

View PostDarth Hotz, on 29 September 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

There is a difference between content and cosmetics.

Decals, resize, camos, new textures and also new mechs are cosmetics. Lets face it, what else is a new mech than a new mixture of parts we already know and play with for years?

Honestly, not really... I play lots of games, that "content" updates are purely cosmetics.. I even down load mods to add more "content" to my games.. RPG's are very big on cosmetic content..

to some that might not be important, but others it's everything.

I can recall being so happy playing SWG, back when they added tons of new clothing and about 50+ colors to the pallets, so we could make so many different looks as tailors.

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 September 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#42 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

MAPS MAPS AND MORE MAPS

There should be 50 maps. PERIOD.

#43 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

And also: THERE SHOULD BE MORE MAPS....

how many planets are there on the faction play inner sphere map? a ton? So there should be at least 50 maps to represent this so we actually feel we're landing on new and different planets. Perhaps more would be lured to faction play if that's where all the diversified maps exist.

There should also be more maps in quick play (at this stage of the game) This cannot be disputed. Especially when we players have offered to make them for free if they but give us the tools. There could then be a panel or community vote on which ones are feasible to add into the next patch blah blah blah. And if certain maps are too problematic then nix them. (map makers get guilty of adding too much detail resulting in crap frame rate) maybe player generated maps could be tested in... the test server, on rotations or something. Yes it would add a work load to MWO in general but if PGI would lay off making soo many variants and spend some resource on maps I think the active player base might rise considerably. i'd almost put money I don't have on that. and the more players, the more bucks to pgi, no?

i heard terra therma is getting reworked. the first thing I thought was "Cool" then I thought, "but that's all? Why don't we have a S*t to of maps???"

I agree with the OP, # of variants is over saturated. each variant could have a lot more fun, different ways to shine on different maps. we'd get much more playability out of all these variants that already exist.

And YES, I would actually pay for map packs. probably the only thing I would shell out more cash for. but I've been saying this for YEARS... (yes I know they/we don't want the base divided that much by the haves and the have nots) I'm just sayin'

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

Content ultimately is stuff that makes the game more interesting as a whole, and gives a compelling reason to show up playing the game. It could also be called critical stuff that is missing from the game, that if implemented would make it better for everyone involved.

When you have something saturated like mechpacks and something bare like FW, you know where the priorities should be, but hey... what do I know?

#45 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 September 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Content ultimately is stuff that makes the game more interesting as a whole, and gives a compelling reason to show up playing the game. It could also be called critical stuff that is missing from the game, that if implemented would make it better for everyone involved.

When you have something saturated like mechpacks and something bare like FW, you know where the priorities should be, but hey... what do I know?

Dude you totally should buy a hero mech skin! Nothing beats calling old content new by throwing some glitter on it!

Posted Image

#46 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

How about some pillars?

#47 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostLootee, on 29 September 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

How about some pillars?

Pillars are now buckets.

#48 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

There have been some really good ideas thrown out, at the risk of repeating some, here's what I would like too see. Integrated Faction Warfare. That is where all weight classes working in tandem towards the overall goal of victory, by that I mean using all weight classes in a push or defense instead of the highest tonnage to lightest tonnage. I believe this would allow for some great fights and some outstanding new strategy and tactics.

Make the planets we fight for MEAN something. For example say you captured Hesperus II, which is a major Battletech manufacturer, all mechs and weapons produced there can be bought at a discount. Or capturing District Capital planets grant C-Bill bonuses. Also give us some lore on this planets. Why is this place important...? Also PLEASE use appropriate MAPS! If I'm dropping Tharkad. Which is a colder planet why the hell am I in a Vitric Forge map?

Immersion! A biggie. A news service would be nice. Nothing super fancy mind you. Victories/Losses, which unit took a planet. Which Merc outfits changed Houses. (Yes lore appropriate... No mercs for the Clans) Update the cockpit screens, if there is significant damage have them go fuzzy or blink on and off at random intervals. Also possibly explode if hit by something like a PPC. Layered decals would also be cool. Unit decals as well. Custom paint schemes.

More maps is a must, less chokepoint stuff. Larger maps to. Bring those LRMS!!!
Revamped/New modes would also be nice.
Update the game engine as well.

I know most if not all of what I suggested is for FW, that's what I prefer to play. Just my 2 C-bills worth.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 29 September 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#49 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

As new content we need a decal >>> " IT'S A NEW CONTENT TO THE GAME "

#50 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostDaZur, on 29 September 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Fair assessments...

That said, and I know my position is unpopular. The reality is regardless of how pedantic, trivial or inconsequential the addition is, anything added that was not there previously in any form is content added.

Even "I" qualify that if it's simply an existing red rock painted blue, it by itself is not new. That said, if it's utilized in some new or unique way, that blue rock is now new content.

I see your point, but your point has been over-ruled by the individual you're trying to defend.

http://mwomercs.com/...nt/page__st__20

post #40

#51 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 29 September 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

I see your point, but your point has been over-ruled by the individual you're trying to defend.

http://mwomercs.com/...nt/page__st__20

post #40

Actually... regardless of his inference, the actual announcement of the Clan Heros is a perfect parallel to my red rock / blue rock example. Posted Image

Yes, they are just existing mechs with fancy paint jobs and shuffled hardpoints. But that's just enough to qualify them as "new", especially if you bear into consideration this is the 1st iteration of a Clan hero to include the c-bill bonuses.

#52 Farlayeigh Maerka

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Give us vehicles!! That will be a content I will be excited about.

I know this is "MECH"warrior, but how can we feel the power of mechs if there aren't

any conventional types of weapon platforms that could provide a more unique gameplay.

What if one player could command a "lance" of tanks or support vehicles instead of piloting

a single mech? An organized push in numbers and focus fire will be the norm if a lot more

vehicle squad could make it into the game.

#53 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:17 AM

Apparently, Russ thinks "a mech pack" of heroes is "content".

If you ask me, this discussion should also consider the difference between "content" and "substance".

Here it is:

This is content: lkghasldhgčlkhglsdkhgh

This is substance: "Would you like to buy a mech pack?"

Edited by Vellron2005, 30 September 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#54 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostDaZur, on 29 September 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Actually... regardless of his inference, the actual announcement of the Clan Heros is a perfect parallel to my red rock / blue rock example. Posted Image

Yes, they are just existing mechs with fancy paint jobs and shuffled hardpoints. But that's just enough to qualify them as "new", especially if you bear into consideration this is the 1st iteration of a Clan hero to include the c-bill bonuses.

Yes, in the technical sense, but I'm not so sure why you're so proud of pointing that out.

To what end? Is this your way of saying that you're happy as a clam about this "new content"?

If so, why even bother arguing? Why not just be like:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAAHHHHHHHH.
JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!

That would be a lot more fun than being pedantic and probably get more of a rise out of people, which I assume is what you're going for.

#55 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 30 September 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

Yes, in the technical sense, but I'm not so sure why you're so proud of pointing that out.

To what end? Is this your way of saying that you're happy as a clam about this "new content"?

If so, why even bother arguing? Why not just be like:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAAHHHHHHHH.
JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!

That would be a lot more fun than being pedantic and probably get more of a rise out of people, which I assume is what you're going for.

No, the implied stance is that it's "content", of which we can debate it's merit and value all day but in the end it's still by logical assessment "content".

#56 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 29 September 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

As new content we need a decal >>> " IT'S A NEW CONTENT TO THE GAME "

Simply "CONTENT" would be pretty fun.

#57 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

Maps, missions, depth, Immersion, maybe new skins, new weapons, features(not bugs)...

Thats content to me. I guess mechs are as well, but this game has enough of those.

#58 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostDaZur, on 30 September 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

No, the implied stance is that it's "content", of which we can debate it's merit and value all day but in the end it's still by logical assessment "content".

Yeah, so if I get hired to write content for a TV show, and then I proceed to write a new menu for the staff canteen, write an unwanted new theme song for the show, and write a poem about the show, I can just say "Well, shucks. It's content, ain't it?"

Is that your point?

If Burger King makes a new ****burger, we have to give them credit for creating new content?

OK, then what?

You don't want anyone on this forum to say there is no new content? Is that the crux of it?

#59 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 30 September 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Yeah, so if I get hired to write content for a TV show, and then I proceed to write a new menu for the staff canteen, write an unwanted new theme song for the show, and write a poem about the show, I can just say "Well, shucks. It's content, ain't it?"

Is that your point?

If Burger King makes a new ****burger, we have to give them credit for creating new content?

OK, then what?

You don't want anyone on this forum to say there is no new content? Is that the crux of it?

Interesting...

You managed to provide both a red herring and a straw man argument in the same post. Most impressive! Posted Image

No, I'd like folks to be honest in their assessment and not split hairs to prop up inaccurate opinion.

#60 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

I simply want people to list what they consider content. Opinions will vary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users