Please Reduce The Number Of Factions

33 replies to this topic

#1 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

FP and its dwindling population needs major changes, the first of which is getting rid of certain factions. Here is what PGI should do (but Russ won't do it)

Get rid of Liao , Marik and davion

Have four IS factions - Steiner , Katrina, FRR and comstar
Have four clans - wolf , GB , smoke jags and JF

Cut the map in half so that terra is on the bottom of the screen and players only fight the invasion area. It doesn't make sense that the game takes place in the invasion era yet we have all this Marik , Liao and Davison space

#2 Aramoro999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

Hehe

no1 likes the davs...

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Russ is getting rid of all factions. It's IS v Clan soon .

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 September 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

REALLY? so your the one that wan't to turn FW into one Clan vs IS front only ?????

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

see what did i say. People put these ideas out there and PGI runs with them.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 September 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#5 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 September 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

REALLY? so your the one that wan't to turn FW into one Clan vs IS front only ?????

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

see what did i say. People put these ideas out there and PGI runs with them.

but 90% of the factions don't have players that routinely play. I know cause I played some of them on my alt account. So really it would be better if it was just IS vs Clan. If you want to feel like your apart of one of those clans...fine just put a decal on your mech. But really the state of FP is so bad that they should get rid of most of the factions, I remember in early beta how palyers wanted them to ADD MORE FACTIONs like Diamond Shark and Nova Cat, now you don't see any of those threads cause the population is dying. What PGI should really do is go back to the drawing board, get rid of certain factions make getting into FP as fast as getting into Quick play, these are easy fixes that can save FP

Edited by Grimwill, 29 September 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 29 September 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

but 90% of the factions don't have players that routinely play.

Bingo.

Make FW something people routinely play and there yo go.

#7 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

Do not worry, Russ said that soon it will be IS vs clan fighting over 8 planets. Soon the entire map will mean nothing, same as faction.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

but 90% of the factions don't have players that routinely play. I know cause I played some of them on my alt account. So really it would be better if it was just IS vs Clan. If you want to feel like your apart of one of those clans...fine just put a decal on your mech. But really the state of FP is so bad that they should get rid of most of the factions, I remember in early beta how palyers wanted them to ADD MORE FACTIONs like Diamond Shark and Nova Cat, now you don't see any of those threads cause the population is dying. What PGI should really do is go back to the drawing board, get rid of certain factions make getting into FP as fast as getting into Quick play, these are easy fixes that can save FP

If.the issue is players bring them back. Marik cw 1 had half dozen 12 man teams running , over cw to cw this dropped to 1.

I can give you dozen reasons why my unit doesn't play anymore and only plays group Q. Some of them will even be fixed with the new changes but with 2 bucket most loyalist will stop playing or will not come back.

Russ had a town hall with mercs and now cw is setup for mercs who don't care about factions.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 September 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#9 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 September 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

If.the issue is players bring them back. Marik cw 1 had half dozen 12 man teams running , over cw to cw this dropped to 1.

I can give you dozen reasons why my unit doesn't play anymore and only plays group Q. Some of them will even be fixed with the new changes but with 2 bucket most loyalist will stop playing or will not come back.

Russ had a town hall with mercs and now cw is setup for mercs who don't care about factions.

I just can't believe that the buckets was even an serious topic.

#10 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 September 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Bingo.

Make FW something people routinely play and there yo go.

What seems more realistic here. PGI redesigning and making a fun and functional Faction Play or them reducing the buckets so the people who do play can actually find easier access to games.

Everybody wants Factions to stay in but even when the gamemode was more heavily populated, even with FP events the population was/is still too spread out. Factions are already meaningless, you can't do anything with them beyond showing everybody how big your border penis is.

#11 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 29 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Everybody wants Factions to stay in but even when the gamemode was more heavily populated, even with FP events the population was/is still too spread out. Factions are already meaningless, you can't do anything with them beyond showing everybody how big your border penis is.

If Factions are meaningless, its the fault of the Community, not PGI.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod, 30 September 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#12 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 30 September 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

No that's the fault of PGI by not adding any depth to factions. They were designed as nothing more than place holders for you to contract with aside from gaining LP by contracting with one there is nothing unique about them.

This is a gamemode about unit's conquering planets for factions. A gamemode full of non-unit's, solo players that can't conquer planets, where planet's hardly matter to anybody that can conquer them to expand the borders of factions that have no objectives. Borders are meaningless and no matter how much loyalists would want otherwise, they accomplish nothing and that's not the fault of the community but poor game design.

#13 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 29 September 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

FP and its dwindling population needs major changes, the first of which is getting rid of certain factions. Here is what PGI should do (but Russ won't do it)

Get rid of Liao , Marik and davion

Have four IS factions - Steiner , Katrina, FRR and comstar
Have four clans - wolf , GB , smoke jags and JF

Cut the map in half so that terra is on the bottom of the screen and players only fight the invasion area. It doesn't make sense that the game takes place in the invasion era yet we have all this Marik , Liao and Davison space

just get rid of the clans, that should do it.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 30 September 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Sorry but no, I blame Pgi. One of the worst things they did to Marik was make it basically impossible for us to get a planet without having more players.

We would at times have a 12 man team ready to go but we would look at the map and say well even if we played for the next 3 hours won every game we couldn't take this planet.
Other times we could field 3, 12 man's but the attack window was maybe a hour away so no good again.

These were easy fixes, no more stupid attack windows. Make the planets live.
Make taking planets more dynamic depending on Playing population.

Of course there are lots of other problems but this is what I saw kill Marik in phase 3.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 30 September 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#15 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

but 90% of the factions don't have players that routinely play.

Is it 90% of factions don't have players that routinely play...or all factions have players, 90% of whom don't routinely play?

There is a slight, but meaningful, distinction.

The reason for that distinction is profound.

Edited by Kael Posavatz, 30 September 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

Dynamic alliances, purpose to faction loyalty/membership, loyalists hiring mercs, all the promised logistics stuff, there's a ton of things that would make FW work with all those factions (and more).

It's a lot cheaper to just run a disposable MVP MOBA and sell mech packs though. People still buy them. We got the game we paid for.

#17 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

Posted Image

This thread is hauntingly familiar. I'm sure it will have a solid resolution like the rest of them.

#18 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 30 September 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Is it 90% of factions don't have players that routinely play...or all factions have players, 90% of whom don't routinely play?

There is a slight, but meaningful, distinction.

The reason for that distinction is profound.

Can I have a cup of what Kael is having? I think this man get's it.

What we get though is...............Posted Image

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#19 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:54 AM

Its Red vs Blue now. Programming is hard.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod, 01 October 2016 - 03:54 AM.

#20 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:52 AM

I still want Clan Diamond Shark. Dont see how/why people can't rep their particular loyalty while playing within a certain "bucket". My unit still reps Clan Diamond Shark even without it being in the game (having to fight under the CJF banner) so ... yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users