Da/aod Clix Mini's

67 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:09 AM

Do a lot of people still have their MW Clix mini's? I pulled mine out recently and picked up another set or 2 off evil-bay and am working on teaching my son how to play. It got me wondering if a lot of others still play or have favorite units or armies that they kept.

Do you still have your units?
Did you only keep some favorites?
What was your all time favorite unit?

Thanks

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:09 AM

I have some. I only collected them because stompy robots though, never actually played it.

#3 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:19 AM

i have allot of them... I keep a few that I play in MWO next to my PC
The Locust, Raven, Marauder and many others are very well done.
some are totally off scale though.
The NovaCat is very well done and looks great.

.... edit
they are all on eBay and you can see them there.
just type in Mechwarrior and the name of the Mech you want to see,

Edited by Dread Render, 29 September 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 29 September 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

Do a lot of people still have their MW Clix mini's? I pulled mine out recently and picked up another set or 2 off evil-bay and am working on teaching my son how to play. It got me wondering if a lot of others still play or have favorite units or armies that they kept.

Do you still have your units?
Did you only keep some favorites?
What was your all time favorite unit?

Thanks

I only have my customized Zeus left. I was an "official" referee for 3 years, and it was OK. A little too basic and artificial feeling, but hey, it was "battletech" of some shape or form still.

As for favorites?
-Hellstar. Just a beast of an assault mech
-Zeus
-Nova Cat
-Longbow
-Kodiak 2
-Centurion
- Ken Roos Warhammer IIC
Posted Image

But Nova Cat, Warhammer IIC and Zeus were my hands down favorite sculpts.

Also ran mostly tanks and air support with just 1-2 mechs in most games, but don't feel like digging out all the tank info. Never got a Cyclops, Battlemaster or Uziel game piece which always made me kind of sad. (actually I don't think I got any of the last 2 sets)

Oh, and Stormhammer all the way!

#5 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Very true the scale on some mech's is terrible.
Though I do like some of the changes they made to other Mech's.
My all time favorite Mech is the DireWolf and Wizkids changed the cockpit on it making it not as cool to me but it has grown on me over the years and I now have a complete set of the Daishi they produced.
Its a fun game. I can still randomly find others that play in my area and my son is starting to get into it, albeit with a very dumbed down set of rules (he is 10.)

#6 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

I still have my entire collection and my friend's that quit and gave me his toolbox full.

I ran Highlander / RotS / SC / DF / SW.

We only had one local location that ran tournaments, so we used to use the tournament finder application on the old site and go to all the tourneys in an 80 mile radius around here.. and steal everyone's 1st and 2nd place prizes.. (even taking falls to eachother to make sure we got the prizes we wanted.

Caden Senn.. Ulri Wolf.. Sadia Wolf.. those were my three favorite mechs. Caden had the armor and was full of clicks, and the Wolfs had ridiculous range.

Wow.. I think I have almost 1k pieces, still.. I considered selling them on eBay, but they're worth jack squat, these days. I guess I'll just keep them in their tackle/tool boxes for no reason other than nostalgia. (I've seriously been considering throwing away the unique/tournament prize boxes, though.. I have so many tourney prize boxes..

#7 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 29 September 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

I still have my entire collection and my friend's that quit and gave me his toolbox full.

We only had one local location that ran tournaments, so we used to use the tournament finder application on the old site and go to all the tourneys in an 80 mile radius around here.. and steal everyone's 1st and 2nd place prizes.. (even taking falls to eachother to make sure we got the prizes we wanted.

Wow.. I think I have almost 1k pieces, still.. I considered selling them on eBay, but they're worth jack squat, these days. I guess I'll just keep them in their tackle/tool boxes for no reason other than nostalgia. (I've seriously been considering throwing away the unique/tournament prize boxes, though.. I have so many tourney prize boxes..

Haha Stealing others tournament prizes, I love it. When i first played we only had one place also. Granted I lived in grand Forks ND at the time so there wasn't a lot around but the local store had some great stuff and did an amazing job running tournaments and such. He also kept prices reasonable even when stuff was in high demand.
I dont know about worthless. Stuff still sells for a fair amount. I am shocked when I see what some of it goes for.

#8 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

I wish I did, but they got tossed out with everything else, like my original Gameboy and Pocket Monsters, while I was in the army.

A shame. They didn't look great, but they're as good as it gets for me. Hands are too shaky to paint proper Battletech models.

#9 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 04 October 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

I dont know about worthless. Stuff still sells for a fair amount. I am shocked when I see what some of it goes for.

I guess I might check eBay before I toss my collection of tourney boxes. I've been thinking about throwing them away for several years.. but the neat stack of green boxes has a lot of good memories.

I really miss MW:DA, but I certainly don't miss the nudging arguments.. like when you specifically set your range 14 unit at 13 inches from a unit that has 12 range.. and then they'd nudge their unit and try to fire on you.

#10 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 04 October 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I guess I might check eBay before I toss my collection of tourney boxes. I've been thinking about throwing them away for several years.. but the neat stack of green boxes has a lot of good memories.

I really miss MW:DA, but I certainly don't miss the nudging arguments.. like when you specifically set your range 14 unit at 13 inches from a unit that has 12 range.. and then they'd nudge their unit and try to fire on you.

The store I played at was very quick to stop arguments and infighting. They had issues with other games previous and the Battlemaster was always in charge and did a great job.

I dont/didnt keep any of the boxes but yes. Always try to sell before throwing away.

View PostBombast, on 04 October 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I wish I did, but they got tossed out with everything else, like my original Gameboy and Pocket Monsters, while I was in the army.

A shame. They didn't look great, but they're as good as it gets for me. Hands are too shaky to paint proper Battletech models.

I also am not the best painter but have fun at least trying once in a while. I just like the game even if we play by very simple rules. Many units in my collection have come from dusty collection people just wanted to move off of.

#11 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 04 October 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

I also am not the best painter but have fun at least trying once in a while. I just like the game even if we play by very simple rules. Many units in my collection have come from dusty collection people just wanted to move off of.

I've hit my head a few times. It's less 'not the greatest painter' and more 'lucky if half the brush strokes were on the model, let alone the right spot on the model.'

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

I have a collection of almost 700... all bought secondhand and never used in an actual DA battle.

I am building a display case for them.

Just because I like BT, is all.

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

Classic TT or go home.

#14 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 04 October 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Classic TT or go home.

Really? it has to be like that? CBT needed a jolt and DA gave it one, introduced more players to the game than any of the video games ever did.

#15 William Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have two, sold the rest - kept Caden Senn in his Ryoken II (Highlanders was my favorite until CJF entered) and Trovic Niloba with his Gyrfalcon. I keep them by my monitor.

#16 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostWilliam Pryde, on 04 October 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

I have two, sold the rest - kept Caden Senn in his Ryoken II (Highlanders was my favorite until CJF entered) and Trovic Niloba with his Gyrfalcon.

Caden Senn was a god damn beast.. It was so imbalanced to have hardened armor with a 23 defense and 14" range.. especially in the first set.

The Gyrfalcon model was one of the most beautiful models they ever created. He's in the box with everyone else. If I had a spare room, I'd totally craft some display terrain, rip them off of their bases and set up a diorama.. (even if the scale was atrociously off.)

#17 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

Game came out during period I tried to wean myself off BattleTech, I bought my first packs only last year and that was more "There is absolutely nothing of interest at this convention I want to buy" desperation than anything. Not really a fan of the Telsa punk looks.

#18 SmokingPuffin

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

I still have the relevant portion of my mechclix. I got rid of a bunch of figures that had no potential use in an army ever.

My favorite unit from mechclix was the Hitotsune Kozo "Kuro Ha", which was able to close combat assault an enemy from 20 inches away.

#19 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

I have them locked away in storage somewhere. Haven't figured out what to do with them. I just liked collecting 'mechs. I played the game once and beat the **** out of some neckbeard who thought he was God's gift to battletech and took every opportunity he could find to condescendingly correct everyone else in the comic store every time they got something wrong about battletech lore. I don't think I could have asked for a better first (and last) game.

#20 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

I still have a bunch of them. I think I have about 50 Steel Wolf Mechs, plus assorted Vehicles and Infantry, and then a bunch of stuff for the other factions.

My absolute favourite Mech was Kriya Wolf and her Tundra Wolf. An Alpha Strike at the right time with that thing was absolutely lethal.
That said, I loved the Steel Wolves Forestry Mech too, for that D6 Chainsaw in close combat.

My absolute most hated chassis was a Spirit Cat Ghost that a friend had. That thing had Heat Dial for Days, and could Vent 4 if I remember rightly. Huge Range on it's Primary too. And Fast. And good Defense. Damn I hated that thing. AND IT WAS CHEAP! *Grumble grumble*.

Regarding Terrain Scale, we found at my local club (the three or four times we played it) that Flames of War Terrain seemed to match the scale of the Vehicles and Infantry.

Edited by Thunder Child, 04 October 2016 - 03:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users