Heroes Among Us: Clan Heroes Collection

246 replies to this topic

#121 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:19 PM

I like that the summoner is the Pride. The mech in which he cheated his way back into the warrior caste.

And won that impossible battle on his second attempt, the mech totally shot up, one gun missing and ammo nearly empty. I mean even the author from that book had no idea how he can defeat a fresh summoner in that piece of junk so he just left it out and called it a day.

Yes, that is a fitting mech for clan jade falcon. To remember anyone that their biggest hero was a blatant cheater. I like that.

*where's my flameshield?*

#122 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:23 PM

Cash only.
Worthless pre-order bonuses.
P2W omnipods.

It's a new low, frankly.

#123 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 29 September 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

The poster didn't ask for meta clan ecm mechs, just clan ecm mechs. Apart from Assault class ECM mechs, what role/builds can be accomplished by IS that can't be accomplished by clan?

Sorry but he did

View PostShimmering Sword, on 29 September 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

I also hope that's serious and not sarcasm. Considering Clans have a ton of meta ecm mechs while IS has only a few.
Hard to tell because clan fans scream loudly every time the game approaches balance.

#124 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 29 September 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Strange you see only clan fans when me i don't make distinction between clan or IS potatoes. Clan have hellbringer and artic cheetah which can be considered as "meta" but that's all... No assault mechs can bring for now an ECM In medium mechs clan have only shadowcat which is a really weak mech outside some dedicated warfare roles.. And plz we have to talk about kit fox or myst lynx they are so meta? IS want the kitfox ? Ok take it ^^ IS have griffon 2N, atlas DDC, cyclop which are really solid mechs And i don't talk about phoenix ecm one, archer hero, cataphract ecm variant, the incomming loyal ECM stalker or ciccada raven spider or my lovely pirate bane Posted Image Soon Clan will get their first ECM assault, maraudeur 2C but it's an omnimech also only one variant will be able to have ecm ... TY for not complain about clan have more ecm than you poor IS crying warriors.. it's just wrong. Posted Image

As much as I agree, I barely see the Cicada 3M in Tier 1 and I've never seen the Cataphract or Tempest. ;)

That said I confess I did just buy the Tempest at discount so will eventually find out why no one uses it I guess...

#125 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:01 AM

As always with PGI:
++ Nice Artwork ++
-- minus ad infinitum-- no gameplay content

Please get your definitions in order. In a mech shooter maps and mechs are no gameplay content. Content would be game modes, missions, story ...the contents....the substance of the game...the meat inside...not the setting or framework or tools you consume the content of the package with.

#126 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

Why in the actual !@#$ do the images not reflect the actual load outs? Seriously.

#127 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 29 September 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

The Wave 1 Clan Hero FAQ conveys this information as well, but with the announcement of the Clan Heroes comes another eligibility component for the 2016 Appreciation Program.
Acquiring any one of these Hero 'Mechs prior to the deadline would qualify you for the base Clan Reward.
Acquiring any six would qualify you for the Top-Tier Clan Reward.

Wow, what a steal! Only 10-25 Dollars for single mechs? Rly? And here I am, having had high hopes after the Mektoberfest announcement, but it turns out PGI has just stayed the same. Makes me sad.

#128 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

So it takes $25 to get a Warhawk arm omnipod with two ballistic hardpoints, or $15 to get a Stormcrow that can carry two ballistics? Jeez Posted Image I'm afraid that "PTW" is the only word that comes to mind here. Very, very sad... I never cared much about that PTW argument that has been raised on the forums on a number of occasions, but now I can see where it comes from. This is disgusting.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 30 September 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#129 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 September 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

The bonus/discount is already explained in the FAQ for these mechs....the webstore price is going to be significantly less than their in-game MC price. Plus they'll be a six month gap between webstore and in-game store availability.

Except the packs will remain at those prices so its not a pre-order discount or advantage in any way. It would just be a really bad idea to buy these outside a sale later on for MC.

#130 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 30 September 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

So it takes $25 to get a Warhawk arm omnipod with two ballistic hardpoints, or $15 to get a Stormcrow that can carry two ballistics? Jeez Posted Image I'm afraid that "PTW" is the only word that comes to mind here. Very, very sad... I never cared much about that PTW argument that has been raised on the forums on a number of occasions, but now I can see where it comes from. This is disgusting.

No. You just fail at mechbuilding.

Stormcrow has 1B option for right arm, but it does not really affect any real builds.

Warhawk can now put two ballistic on arm, but overall the build stays the same.

Outside KitFox, none of these heroes bring anything new to the table and look like more to be for those who want Cbill bonus variant on chassis without having to buy the old wave 1 alacarte that is very expensive.

There is no Pay To Win here. These are very underwhelming.

Edited by coe7, 30 September 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#131 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

How about more content like CW/FW, Solaris, different game modes?

No?

>>Ring ring<<

Oh wait, Russ Bullock is calling me:
Posted Image

Oh no... Forgot, with content you cant make money!

Russ Bullock:
Posted Image

The End.

#132 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

View Postcoe7, on 30 September 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Stormcrow has 1B option for right arm, but it does not really affect any real builds.

You are saying that ability to put dual UAC5s (for example) on the Stormcrow doesn't affect any real builds? A quick look at the tonnage says that even dual UAC10s may become possible...

Warhawk can now put two ballistic on arm, but overall the build stays the same.

No, it becomes far superior, because you can now concentrate two ballistics on one side of the mech. You can't do it with the omnipods available for purchase in-game.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 30 September 2016 - 12:48 AM.

#133 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

What I wanna know is whether they're gonna use the stupid set of 8 pod quirking like the Viper and Gyr, or the same quirking system that those mech chassis already employed where the quirks are all part of the pods or CT.

#134 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:51 AM

well, with the War Hawk hero, it'll give me a chance to switch the ballistic arm for another 3 way Energy: RA - 3 E; LA - 3 E. However with the restriction on Hero OmniPods, which I think is totally dumb IMO, i can't take the CT E from the B variant, I think it is, and use that. Lest, of course, I buy the hero again, which is not what I want to do. Again, rather a dumb idea to make it where even if they are released for MC/C-bills, the OmniPod will be exclusive to the Hero only!

In other words, the Hero Variant can use whatever OmniPods are available from the other variants, but the other variants cannot use said OmniPods, lest one buys the hero, strip pods, and repeats, etc.

Thanks, Russ, we love how you decided on making the heroes the way they are. Good thing about is. . . .I don't need to open my wallet so quick in order to make a deadline for extras. Posted Image

Please, next time consult with us like you did with the Faction Play Podcast, and ask us what we need rather than throwing whatever to the wall and see what sticks.

Edited by Hawk819, 30 September 2016 - 12:56 AM.

#135 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:00 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 30 September 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

You are saying that ability to put dual UAC5s (for example) on the Stormcrow doesn't affect any real builds? A quick look at the tonnage says that even dual UAC10s may become possible...

If you think UAC Stormcrow with uac's being one in each arm is valid build, then we don't have anything more to discuss regarding mechbuilding. All that arm allows is swapping gauss to other side on Gauss + ML builds.

Regarding Warhawk, its ballistic quirks are on A-arm and you can't even considering replacing it with the hero arm. The A-arm has all the ballistic quirks, including the 30% jam and CD quirks. So, what hero arm becomes, is a gauss hand and thats nothing special. And its very likely the hero arm does not have the jam %, nor the other ballistic quirks.

So how's that hugely improved WHK of yours, without any ballistic quirks?

Edited by coe7, 30 September 2016 - 01:04 AM.

#136 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:27 AM

View Postcoe7, on 30 September 2016 - 01:00 AM, said:

If you think UAC Stormcrow with uac's being one in each arm is valid build, then we don't have anything more to discuss regarding mechbuilding.

Indeed, if you do not recognize that one of the few weaknesses of the Stormcrow is its inability to carry two ballistic weapons at the same time, forcing use of builds like this or this for medium range instead of a, say, dual cUAC5+cERML vomit, then we don't have anything more to discuss regarding mechbuilding.

View Postcoe7, on 30 September 2016 - 01:00 AM, said:

So, what hero arm becomes, is a gauss hand and thats nothing special.

I disagree, because on a relatively slow assault mech weapon placement is much more important than on more agile medium mechs, and having to split your ballistics between the left and right arm on the existing builds really hurts Warhawk's performance, but I will admit that this may be down to my individual preference.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 30 September 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#137 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:32 AM

Russ: Hey guys, there's gonna be a big announcement on friday!
Playerbase: oooh, oooh, maybe we finally get some much-needed content, maps, game mode changes, and immersion items!
Russ: .....Posted Image .....wanna buy a meck pack? Posted Image

#Drinks Posted Image

#138 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 30 September 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Indeed, if you do not recognize that one of the few weaknesses of the Stormcrow is its inability to carry two ballistic weapons at the same time, forcing use of builds like this or this for medium range instead of a, say, dual cUAC5+cERML vomit, then we don't have anything more to discuss regarding mechbuilding.

I disagree, because on a relatively slow assault mech weapon placement is much more important than on more agile medium mechs, and having to split your ballistics between the left and right arm on the existing builds really hurts Warhawk's performance, but I will admit that this may be down to my individual preference.

I opened both smurfy links for SCR and can't stop laughing. No wonder you would put UAC's on SCR arms. Highly performing medium range SCR build is ML's and Gauss, that work for the profile and speed of that particular medium. It is not an UAC platform and giving it an arm ballistic slot does not make UAC builds viable for it.

Hint, if you want to improve your lackluster leaderboard performance, I suggest you try something like these instead of trying to UAC a mech thats profile is anti-UAC to the max:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1829c516b62968d
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a0aa5e1644d8e70
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c905460c231f655

Oh, now warhawk is down to your individual preference? Earlier in this thread you claimed it to be disgusting PTW. Posted Image

Also, if you think tossing all warhawk ballistic quirks away for a single slot to make it "more comfy" for you to run is absolutely inane.

Edited by coe7, 30 September 2016 - 01:51 AM.

#139 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:45 AM

View Postcoe7, on 30 September 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

Oh, now warhawk is down to your individual preference? Earler in this thread you claimed it to be disgusting PTW. Posted Image

The fact that some people can build mechs to their individual preference, and others cannot because they didn't purchase the PTW variants is disgusting. That's all I will say on the matter.

#140 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:55 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 30 September 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

The fact that some people can build mechs to their individual preference, and others cannot because they didn't purchase the PTW variants is disgusting. That's all I will say on the matter.

Does that preference also make viable losing these:

Armor +28
Ballistic Weapon Cooldown 5%
LB-X AC Velocity 20%
AC Velocity 5%
Ultra AC Jam Chance -30%
LB-X AC Spread -10%

Damn, and I thought only reason UAC warhawk was viable is because of that A-arm! Let's replace it with a hero hand so we can have.. oh wait that would be really, really stupid to do so.

If I can't do something, that is not really that good, just because my individual preference, now the whole mech is PAY-TO-WIN?

Edited by coe7, 30 September 2016 - 01:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users