Anyone Else Burned Out More By The People, Not The Game?

78 replies to this topic

#21 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

Q: Anyone else burned out by by a segment of the community?

Posted Image

#22 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 29 September 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

I used to be a mech warrior with a white banner until...
Posted Image

#23 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostImperius, on 29 September 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

I used to be a mech warrior with a white banner until...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

That and the game, through lack of forward momentum, has become so predictable in what everyone will do that there's really not much replayability left.

Posted Image

#25 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 29 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

I go to Overwatch's Subreddit; I get gfycat posts and jokes. Not exactly awe inspiring mental stimulation, but it's lighthearted. Positive overall.

I go here, and in OutreachHPG:
  • "PGI is terrible gahd pls drop IP someone save Battletech, praise it's legacy"
  • "Do you wanna buy a mechpack"
  • "weekend events should stop, I hate playing with more people"
  • "Yes I would in fact like to buy this specific mechpack"
Is there any real positive light leftover, outside the game itself? As much as I'd like to get in a Nova and get surgical with lasers again, every time I hear the mechlab music start up and see that damned loading spinner go on for like 5 minutes, it drudges up everything that dampens the fun.

well you always got me.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 29 September 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#26 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 September 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

Honestly, I'm being burned out by PGI more than anything

So much squandered potential

Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 29 September 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#27 Isolani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

I still like the game, and I've been playing since 2012. But I don't play it all the time either. I tend to binge on MWO. I'll play a lot for a week or two, then not play at all for a month after that. There was one stretch, around the time the clan mechs were first being released, I didn't play for probably an entire year or more. I just play a lot of other games, and forgot about MWO for a while.

I still buy most of the mech packs even when I'm not playing much. I think the Night Gyr is the only one in the past year that I didn't get. I like coming back to play and having some new mechs that I've never played available, even if I am terrible at them like the PHX.

So for me personally, I don't really care that the game hasn't developed all that much over time because I'll just play something else if I'm bored of MWO. What there is in MWO is enough to keep me satisfied for short binges, then I move on for a while. If I were playing MWO as my "main" game, then yeah, I guess it would be pretty stale by now.

#28 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

See, this is what I mean.

I ask if there's anything positive bouncing around still to brighten up with.

And the majority of responses are "Yeah, sucks. Meh. Never improving."

#29 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 29 September 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

#30 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 29 September 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

#31 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

The game is based on a 1980's board game, there isn't a lot of room to grow as a FPS frankly without completely branching out from what makes Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior. There is a turn based strategy version of Battletech that could offer a bit more on customization and change the way the game feels. Short of the Dev's finding a way to involve the community into CW, there isn't a lot they can do. The Dev's can put out gladiatorial mode via Solaris and that would give the game another 2 more years of interest without a working FW.

#32 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostRhent, on 29 September 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

The game is based on a 1980's board game, there isn't a lot of room to grow as a FPS frankly without completely branching out from what makes Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior. There is a turn based strategy version of Battletech that could offer a bit more on customization and change the way the game feels. Short of the Dev's finding a way to involve the community into CW, there isn't a lot they can do. The Dev's can put out gladiatorial mode via Solaris and that would give the game another 2 more years of interest without a working FW.

Posted Image

FW was that chance.

They missed.

#33 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 29 September 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

FW was that chance.

They missed.

All they had to do was read up on how Multi-Player Battletech did faction warfare back in 1993. I was completely hooked on it for a year rising up my ranks to get my own command that actually meant something in that game from the ability to actually launch an attack to coordinating with the House Leader, hell you needed rank to be able to see the command map. We ain't got nothing, its just a reskinned modern day FPS. Pretty but no soul.

#34 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostRhent, on 29 September 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

All they had to do was read up on how Multi-Player Battletech did faction warfare back in 1993. I was completely hooked on it for a year rising up my ranks to get my own command that actually meant something in that game from the ability to actually launch an attack to coordinating with the House Leader, hell you needed rank to be able to see the command map. We ain't got nothing, its just a reskinned modern day FPS. Pretty but no soul.

Did you play on Aol and Gamestorm? I was with Rommel and Truthstar in OIs, Outlaw Immortals back on AOL, When we moved to Gamestorm and Darkwolf took over i quit, also they moved from *M* Posted Image
And im assuming your talking about 3025
MPBT was so fun!

Edited by Wecx, 29 September 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#35 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:11 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 29 September 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

That and the game, through lack of forward momentum, has become so predictable in what everyone will do that there's really not much replayability left.

Posted Image

Replayability, took a big hit, when they introduced map voting, HPG, Mining, canyon, HPG,mining, Canyon, canyon, Crimson stright, Canyon, HPG, Canyon, Frozen city, HPG,HPG,HPG, Mining colony, HPG, etc etc etc..

#36 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image

FW was that chance.

They missed.

They missed steam release too ^^

#37 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 29 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

I go to Overwatch's Subreddit; I get gfycat posts and jokes. Not exactly awe inspiring mental stimulation, but it's lighthearted. Positive overall.

I go here, and in OutreachHPG:
  • "PGI is terrible gahd pls drop IP someone save Battletech, praise it's legacy"
  • "Do you wanna buy a mechpack"
  • "weekend events should stop, I hate playing with more people"
  • "Yes I would in fact like to buy this specific mechpack"

Is there any real positive light leftover, outside the game itself? As much as I'd like to get in a Nova and get surgical with lasers again, every time I hear the mechlab music start up and see that damned loading spinner go on for like 5 minutes, it drudges up everything that dampens the fun.

Personally, coming on the forums and seeing people post about how the community has burned them out burns me out.

Buy another mech pack please...or go play a game that has a better forum community. Obviously, PGI has nothing to do with why the forum community feels the way it does here.

#38 Leeroy Jenkin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

LETS DO THIS!!! This is why I come to you, to save you all!Posted Image

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

I keep playing because of the community. I mean lets face it, the community has more content in our shiptoasting, our diversity of opinions on EVERYTHING, the suggestions for fixing things, the proposals for new mechanisms and new content; plus gifs.

What does PGI have of late: mech packs, lets ruin CW with phase 3, mech packs, lets remove functionality of the minimap because reasons; mech pack, lets fix the minimaap by making it suck a bit less but not as good as it worked before,, mech pack now lets fix CW by eliminating factions, mech pack...and NOT a gif in sight.

You guys come up with more new content in an hour, than PGI has in the last year, and the last time I checked the community actually has helped identify and propose fixes for the things PGI insists on breaking. So yeah, I think I like the community way more than the content of late being offered from PGI.

#40 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image

FW was that chance.

They missed.

good thing in the real world you can still work on things. you can change and improve on things. Cuz you know once anybody misses a good chance were done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users