Anyone Else Burned Out More By The People, Not The Game?

78 replies to this topic

#41 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:21 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 September 2016 - 03:16 AM, said:

I keep playing because of the community. I mean lets face it, the community has more content in our shiptoasting, our diversity of opinions on EVERYTHING, the suggestions for fixing things, the proposals for new mechanisms and new content; plus gifs.

What does PGI have of late: mech packs, lets ruin CW with phase 3, mech packs, lets remove functionality of the minimap because reasons; mech pack, lets fix the minimaap by making it suck a bit less but not as good as it worked before,, mech pack now lets fix CW by eliminating factions, mech pack...and NOT a gif in sight.

You guys come up with more new content in an hour, than PGI has in the last year, and the last time I checked the community actually has helped identify and propose fixes for the things PGI insists on breaking. So yeah, I think I like the community way more than the content of late being offered from PGI.

"the community" that's not a broad term at all. I know perfectly who you mean. Don't forgot to add the community members that put forth the idea of consolidating the factions. That wasn't pgi's idea but thanks for being fair. Cuz you know, not holding the community members for stupid ideas is a good idea

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 03:22 AM.

#42 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:27 AM

@ OP

Please tell me what the current offering from PGI is? Need a hint? Its not new content, new maps, working CW. Not its a CLAN HERO MECHPACK. Ok excuse me its a selection that you can pick and choose to give PGI more money so that they can give those mechs to harebrained.

#43 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

"the community" that's not a broad term at all. I know perfectly who you mean. Don't forgot to add the community members that put forth the idea of consolidating the factions. That wasn't pgi's idea but thanks for being fair. Cuz you know, not holding the community members for stupid ideas is a good idea

Did you listen to the community warfare podcast? It was almost 2 hours of Russ speaking of combining the buckets, then an hour and a half of Russ with barely contained boredom, listening to proposals from...the community.

Give me your citation for the earliest proposal for eliminating the factions.

But as you your larger issue. Yes "community" is a broad term, I even include you in that to an extent, I actually was...as you also appear to recognize...referring to valuing the portion of the community that actually proposes things (for good or ill) and shares ideas.

#44 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 September 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Did you listen to the community warfare podcast? It was almost 2 hours of Russ speaking of combining the buckets, then an hour and a half of Russ with barely contained boredom, listening to proposals from...the community.

But as you your larger issue. Yes "community" is a broad term, I even include you in that to an extent, I actually was...as you also appear to recognize...referring to valuing the portion of the community that actually proposes things (for good or ill) and shares ideas.

I used to post constructive ideas on here.

I guess PGI can wait till MechCon for any of us to post constructive ideas again.

#45 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:03 AM

Sure, I'll do that when I get home tonight. I watched the podcast where somebody put forth the idea to make it a 2 faction fight with event's. Not put a name out there but I will try to get a time.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 04:05 AM.

#46 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Sure, I'll do that when I get home tonight. I watched the podcast where somebody put forth the idea to make it a 2 faction fight with event's. Not put a name out there but I will try to get a time.

Just out of curiosity.

But based on your posts it would seem that you believe that if a customer suggests something to modify a product and that something is incorporated into the product, that somehow the entire customer base is now responsible for that new modified product rather than the company producing the product. Is that accurate?

#47 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:18 AM

I´ve got a positive thin...

nevermind, forgot it
:(

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:22 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 September 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity.

But based on your posts it would seem that you believe that if a customer suggests something to modify a product and that something is incorporated into the product, that somehow the entire customer base is now responsible for that new modified product rather than the company producing the product. Is that accurate?

no, Nor am i am saying they have to jump at what every customer says. I am saying that once the idea is out there, it is up for consideration and might even be picked. So when it does, I can't just solely blame one guy for that.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 04:24 AM.

#49 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:28 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

no, Nor am i am saying they have to jump at what every customer says. I am saying that once the idea is out there, it is up for consideration and might even be picked. So when it does, I can't just solely blame one guy for that.

Got it. Thanks for the response. For what it is worth, my view is that everything and anything that is good or bad with a product is the responsibility of the manufacturer. The community can be a resource for the manufacturer to look to for ideas, but the ideas and their implementation, or not, are still the exclusive purview and responsibility of the manufacturer.

#50 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

Combining factions is a stupid idea? CW is pretty much dead...drastic measures are needed. I'm all for lore but I'd rather have a working CW population first. PGI can always add individual faction events (Kurita vs Davion, etc) down the road.

CW needs to be guided until it can stand on its own feet (which may be never at this ooint, sadly).

Here's one lol...I'm not the first person to put this out there either:

http://mwomercs.com/...phere-vs-clans/

#51 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 30 September 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

@ OP

Please tell me what the current offering from PGI is? Need a hint? Its not new content, new maps, working CW. Not its a CLAN HERO MECHPACK. Ok excuse me its a selection that you can pick and choose to give PGI more money so that they can give those mechs to harebrained.

Thank you for proving my point?

"PGI Money grubbing heathens, pls die, agh , all hail HBS"

I get it. You're starved for content. We're starved for content.

But being really negative about it only serves to kill any desire I have to boot up the game, by association.

#52 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:04 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 30 September 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Combining factions is a stupid idea? CW is pretty much dead...drastic measures are needed. I'm all for lore but I'd rather have a working CW population first. PGI can always add individual faction events (Kurita vs Davion, etc) down the road.

CW needs to be guided until it can stand on its own feet (which may be never at this ooint, sadly).

Okay so when population picks up we go back to separate factions right?

#53 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

I think its great is that even in a thread suggesting it is the community causing the sense of "burn out", even here it all comes back to PGI and its conduct toward the community and its (mis)management of the game. If even in this context it all comes back to PGI, I think that makes it crystal clear that the problems do not come from the community, nor the burn out.

#54 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 29 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

I go to Overwatch's Subreddit; I get gfycat posts and jokes. Not exactly awe inspiring mental stimulation, but it's lighthearted. Positive overall.

I go here, and in OutreachHPG:
  • "PGI is terrible gahd pls drop IP someone save Battletech, praise it's legacy"
  • "Do you wanna buy a mechpack"
  • "weekend events should stop, I hate playing with more people"
  • "Yes I would in fact like to buy this specific mechpack"
Is there any real positive light leftover, outside the game itself? As much as I'd like to get in a Nova and get surgical with lasers again, every time I hear the mechlab music start up and see that damned loading spinner go on for like 5 minutes, it drudges up everything that dampens the fun.

The play style of the game drives me insane and the lack of different game modes typically causes my boredom.

#55 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

This community is super salty, not saying PGI hasn't earned it, but the game is not in a bad place, it has work to do, but good lord at least it isn't closed beta bugfest. I still remember dragon bowling and blinding reflections and piss cockpit.

#56 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

My issue is the lack of PGI encouraging the use of mixed loadouts vs encouraging the use massed weapons of the same type (4/UAC 10 Kodiak, laser hoars galore, etc). The only mechs that should be all of one kind of weapon should be those unable to diversify (Black Knight, 'hopper, Wolfhound, etc). I'd really like to see more mechs with more diversified loadouts. But, PGI and their quirks and lack of repercussions of alphas work against that.

When each and every drop has a certain few mechs, or so it seems, it gets to same-same for me and I need to step away. Now I'm back playing Aces High (ver. III just arrived) and enjoying the heck out of it.

I still think PGI should scrap the "energy draw" system. It is wasting a ton of resources that could otherwise be developing new maps, mechs, developing a better heat scale, etc.

I still think PGI should ramp up the heat penalty for using the same type of weapon in an alpha strike and/or firing massed weapons on the same trigger. Firing 3+ LL's of any sort should almost force a shutdown. Chain fire should be much more popular than it is. A mech should be able to fire a LL, PPC, and AC10 with no worries but fire three LL's at the same time.... and major panic should ensue (near imminent shutdown!).

#57 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 30 September 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

@ OP

Doesn't this mean there will be clan mastery packs now? i.e. buy everything at 50% discount?

#58 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostWecx, on 29 September 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Did you play on Aol and Gamestorm? I was with Rommel and Truthstar in OIs, Outlaw Immortals back on AOL, When we moved to Gamestorm and Darkwolf took over i quit, also they moved from *M* Posted Image
And im assuming your talking about 3025
MPBT was so fun!

I played the original by Kesmai on GEnie.

#59 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

View Postl3elthaz0r, on 30 September 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Doesn't this mean there will be clan mastery packs now? i.e. buy everything at 50% discount?

Well, I guess we now know what the big "content" announcement at mechcon will be.

#60 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 September 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Well, I guess we now know what the big "content" announcement at mechcon will be.

10% Discount code for 1 Clan Mech Mastery Bundle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users