• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:42 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 29 September 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

IDK about the game, but here...

Posted Image

Mod draiocht: Lord Tina. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.
Darth Tina: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Peacemaker. I am here to put you back on schedule.
draiocht: I assure you, Lord Tina, my men are working as fast they can.
Tina: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
draiocht: I tell you that this forum will be operational as planned.
Tina: The Designer does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
draiocht: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
Tina: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
draiocht: [alarmed] The Designer is coming here?
Tina: That is correct, Peacemaker, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
draiocht: We shall double our efforts.
Tina: I hope so, Peacemaker, for your sake. The Designer is not as forgiving as I am.

In before Mystere reports this thread for breaking CoC.

Fortunately for you, your post is not. I actually quite liked it.

But this thread, on the other hand, is a different story altogether ... reported. Posted Image

#22 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

As to the OP, the historical summary is:

There was talk of a ban wave and everyone was all excited about another list of offenders being published and the subsequent schadenfreude that accompanied the first public ban wave.

Then...I don't remember if it was a town hall or what...it was announced that PGI won't be doing ban waves but rather they monitor the game and as cheaters are Identified they deal with them.

There was then about a month of people kvetching about how known cheaters weren't being banned, etc.; followed by occasional threads like this with the occasional mod or even dev commenting here or elsewhere that PGI is indeed vigilant to cheating etc.

TLDR: There is no future and public ban wave, only monitoring and individual actions.

#23 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 30 September 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

@Leeroy: Again I don't know why you think that is cheating. Gauss and PPCs are projectile weapons. A hax firing solution requires perfect knowledge of target angle, speed, distance and future position. Throw in latency and your brain should quickly tell you such a thing is not technically possible.

The head is valid target which can and does take damage. Why wouldn't it?

It is absolutely possible. Of course, it won't work every time. We use to have a sorta aim "assist" by installing targeting computer back in MW3. And if you follow the yellow circle direction, you will hit what you want to hit a good 30~40% of the time with projectiles.

The only thing to counter aimbot from that distance is basically the projectile travel time. If you alternate speed and direction, then it's near impossible to hit. (Same thing snipers generally not taking shots at target moving at 2 kilometers out)

However, with a lot of my Alpine adventures practicing sniping for fun at 1.5k out (yea I know, I do like 1 damage, but whatever, it's just for laughs and giggles), MOST people are fairly predictable in their movement. Mainly because, from 1.5 to 2k out, they are hurried to get some place, not performing defensive maneuvers.

Of course, that's not really where aimbot excel. I think we've all seen that famous youtube video of the Raven sniping. The thing is, that's the dumbest way to use it. Even if you land 100% hits, you are doing like 2 damages. The reason why it's so undetectable is because aimbotting more than likely occurs at a range that's "expected" to score solids hits. Call me insane, but I've seen amateur MWO videos of people posting about their 1k+ score while scoring 100% accuracy and 90%+ CT hit rate. Again, not saying it couldn't be done, but it's highly dubious considering other more "regular" youtubers (whom I might add, are also Tier 1, belongs to top teams, or have some kind of credentials) don't do that.

A good pilot (which I consider myself to be) can land about 60% with about 40~50% sway.
An elite pilot, based on Snuggle, b33f, fantastic tuesday, and the likes and their video, probably about 80% with about 10% sway. (And I have faced off against Krivvan and NGXT of Lord, that's generally about the same assessment I would give them)

(I should add, I've never seen proton play, but according to legend, he's much higher, and his stats through 1800 games this season proves that. So I absolutely back that credential)

Out of no where, a random guy, not recruited by anyone, score with 100% accuracy and 5% sway. Again, not saying impossible, but you have to convince me really hard that something is NOT going on.

(of course, there's also 1 other unit that seems to hit far beyond that elite range in FP or QP, but somehow can't pull off the same performance in World where cheating is definitely outlawed. Makes you think, right? Not naming names.)

Edited by razenWing, 30 September 2016 - 07:16 AM.

#24 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 29 September 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

IDK about the game, but here...

Posted Image

Mod draiocht: Lord Tina. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.
Darth Tina: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Peacemaker. I am here to put you back on schedule.
draiocht: I assure you, Lord Tina, my men are working as fast they can.
Tina: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
draiocht: I tell you that this forum will be operational as planned.
Tina: The Designer does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
draiocht: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
Tina: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
draiocht: [alarmed] The Designer is coming here?
Tina: That is correct, Peacemaker, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
draiocht: We shall double our efforts.
Tina: I hope so, Peacemaker, for your sake. The Designer is not as forgiving as I am.

In before Mystere reports this thread for breaking CoC.

your words inspire me to make such a story about back "then"

#25 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

I took people tweeting to Russ showing him year+ old videos from YouTube of people cheating to get two banned. I don't believe they're really banning at all anymore.

#26 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 September 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

your words inspire me to make such a story about back "then"

Your story ended with being choked on the bridge of a super star destroyer.

#27 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:54 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 30 September 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Your story ended with being choked on the bridge of a super star destroyer.

I thought it was when I saved my son Luke "forumwalker", but the dark Lord proved to be too strong and I slowly died.....

But I live on in " spirit"

#28 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

These threads are kinda pointless because anyone who knows anything isn't allowed to talk about it on the forum.

#29 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

I committed to the moderators that I wouldn't discuss cheating publicly and I'll be damned sir if your temptalicious thread is going to drag me unwittingly into breaking my gentleman's agreement!

#30 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:49 AM

So many 'hacktastic' players at the upper end of the scale.

It's fun to observe their impossibly twitchy targeting reticule movements.

Public ban waves work better than the obfuscated "...deal with them..." line of BS that Russ is currently spouting.

Update: Oh yeah, and "IBTL"!!!

Edited by Dimento Graven, 30 September 2016 - 08:52 AM.

#31 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

All I know is I've seen a stupid amount of false hacking accusations from people why just won't accept they've been killed by focus fire and good aim.

Not saying there are no hackers, just that I've seen a LOT of unfounded accusations, especially from solo pugs when playing Faction Warfare.

#32 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

While PGI do ban cheaters.. it's just they cannot detect the aimbot at all and completely rely on community submitted video evidence to hone in on suspected cheaters, and as such very few of them are caught.

The people on the first page talking about a hidden ban wave happening or the mod falsely asserting that if you cheat you will get banned are full of ****.

#33 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

Well I know one for sure who got the Banhammer.
It was well deserved.

#34 Nastyogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

I've been tempted to actually see if the existing hacks work and how quickly they are detected if at all. I'm not sure how PGI can reasonably know how some of the hacks/cheats are working because they aren't altering the data sent to the server, simply providing info the server sends to the client but does not display. Without scanning my PC, which should be easy to detect and prevent if the hacker was good, I don't see how PGI can reasonably stay on top of it.

#35 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

"Testing" hacks is using hacks, and may lead to a ban.
Creating alternate accounts to evade a ban is itself bannable.
And that story doesn't accurately reflect... well, anyways....
[mod]It is forbidden to discuss game exploits, cheats, or hacks (and attempts thereof);
including complaints regarding such,
as this may inadvertently advertise those exploits, cheats, or hacks in question.

If you wish to identify a player for exploiting, cheating, or hacking in the game,
please use the in-game player context menu's report function
or contact moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details you have available.

Please review the Code of Conduct for a complete outline of our forum policies.

This thread is now closed.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users