Where Did The Idea Of Hero Mech Come From?

58 replies to this topic

#1 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:31 AM

It's not obvious to some people that some in the community actually wanted clan hero mechs. The apathy towards what some people wanted from their fellow mechwarrios is outstanding. These are not all purely pgi's ideas. Stock mode, private lobbies. examples of item's asked for by the community. Give your fellow community members some credit please, Thank you-Blood Wolf

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:34 AM

Actually we didn't even want the first one because pay2win and what not. That let to a rather mediocre yen-lo-wang at that times but we still got it.

Good times.

#3 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:37 AM

View Post627, on 30 September 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

Actually we didn't even want the first one because pay2win and what not. That let to a rather mediocre yen-lo-wang at that times but we still got it.

Good times.

"we", I don't know who exactly your talking about. Do you mean when they announced the first hero, there was pushback? Can't imagine why.

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

I don't want to enrage you to the point where you feel the need to change your sig again, but... people have been asking for the Clan hero mechs since day 1 of the invasion. Because we already had IS hero mechs.

It's like saying "give people some credit for asking for a 40 ton Clan mech." It's not some amazing creative idea that someone came up with while tripping on acid, it's just players asking for PGI to fill in the missing pieces.

#5 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 September 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

I don't want to enrage you to the point where you feel the need to change your sig again, but... people have been asking for the Clan hero mechs since day 1 of the invasion. Because we already had IS hero mechs.

It's like saying "give people some credit for asking for a 40 ton Clan mech." It's not some amazing creative idea that someone came up with while tripping on acid, it's just players asking for PGI to fill in the missing pieces.

I want Clan heroes because they're the first step for clan mastery bundle.
Grinding for Clan mech, expecially assault, is endless: I do not have so much free time and I would gladly pay 30-35$ to avoid that.

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 September 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

I'll agree to that. I'm just saying some people wanted Clan heroes' so the people thinking its a waste of time is a little unfair. I see comments and make threads is all.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#7 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:13 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 03:59 AM, said:

I'll agree to that. I'm just saying some people wanted Clan heroes' so the people thinking its a waste of time is a little unfair. I see comments and make threads is all.

I think you are misinterpreting comments, or creating threads based on a single comment. I certainly have not seen any "Clan mechs should never be Heroes" comments.

#8 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:25 AM

Its true, but it doesnt make them less garbage.

#9 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:27 AM

View PostDavers, on 30 September 2016 - 04:13 AM, said:

I think you are misinterpreting comments, or creating threads based on a single comment. I certainly have not seen any "Clan mechs should never be Heroes" comments.

I never said that, or said that people said the never wanted clan heroes. I said people did wan't clan heroes.

I think you just misrepresented my position.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:28 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

WHERE DID THE IDEA OF HERO MECH COME FROM?

From PGI's desire to earn money. Where else?

The moment they made non-canon Hero mechs such as Fang, and Flame, I knew.

#11 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 30 September 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

Its true, but it doesnt make them less garbage.

maybe. Tthen somebody will start to stomp through the match with one

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 September 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

From PGI's desire to earn money. Where else?

The moment they made non-canon Hero mechs such as Fang, and Flame, I knew.

our resident psychic, only cost one soul to get him to see your futurePosted Image

#12 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

Well, maybe I could think to spend some $$ in hero mechs, BUT I would like much much much more pgi to put some efforts in REAL CONTENT.

Pgi ceo announcing "new content" and then finding out it's all about new skin with 30% c-bill boost..... is quite disappointing

#13 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 30 September 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

Well, maybe I could think to spend some $$ in hero mechs, BUT I would like much much much more pgi to put some efforts in REAL CONTENT.

Pgi ceo announcing "new content" and then finding out it's all about new skin with 30% c-bill boost..... is quite disappointing

Russ should have waited for April fools. I think it would have been better received. At least some people are happy. They also look pretty cool

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 04:31 AM.

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

our resident psychic, only cost one soul to get him to see your futurePosted Image

I didn't know there were people in these forums so bloody oblivious to the most obvious of things... Soon, your eyes will open, young grasshopper. Tis but a matter of time.

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 September 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

I didn't know there were people in these forums so bloody oblivious to the most obvious of things... Soon, your eyes will open, young grasshopper. Tis but a matter of time.

yea, I'm pretty blind. They say i use the white side of the force to insta-sheild PGI

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#16 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

$20 for a double ballistics summoner arm

#17 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 30 September 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

"we", I don't know who exactly your talking about. Do you mean when they announced the first hero, there was pushback? Can't imagine why.

Can't imagine why? Maybe dwell on it for a bit and it may come to you...

#18 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:57 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 30 September 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

Can't imagine why? Maybe dwell on it for a bit and it may come to you...

wasn't around for the first hero.

#19 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:26 AM

We all knew Clan heros were coming, Russ talked about a hero TBR a year ago and we saw heros implemented with the new Clan packs. I was hoping the announcement was about something else that didn't involve selling us mechs, but I am not surprised.

None of the heros lool that exciting to me. An 8x UAC2 dakkawolf would be kind of fun and novel, but it isn't a good build. The KFX gets the best new pods but it is a KFX so make of that what you will.

What is really frustrating is we are seeing little or no focus on things the community wants besides mech packs, and when PGI does try to address things it seems either halfassed (FW roundtable) or a complete mess (energy draw). Meanwhile FW is dying because no one wants to play it. MGs and LBX are still awful. The QP game modes desperately need something fresh. But we will damn sure get a new mech pack every month.

I don't see the point in supporting the game by buying mech packs anymore because it doesn't seem like much of the money we are spending is being put to use working on things the community actually wants. I am kind of looking forward to the new skill tree, and I want to know more about the new mode that will replace assault. Tell me about that stuff. Tell me about content that isn't a new mech because, frankly, those are not very interesting to me at this point. Don't be all secret squirrel and show us that things are being improved, that is what will get me to spend money again.

#20 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:32 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 30 September 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

We all knew Clan heros were coming, Russ talked about a hero TBR a year ago and we saw heros implemented with the new Clan packs. I was hoping the announcement was about something else that didn't involve selling us mechs, but I am not surprised.

None of the heros lool that exciting to me. An 8x UAC2 dakkawolf would be kind of fun and novel, but it isn't a good build. The KFX gets the best new pods but it is a KFX so make of that what you will.

What is really frustrating is we are seeing little or no focus on things the community wants besides mech packs, and when PGI does try to address things it seems either halfassed (FW roundtable) or a complete mess (energy draw). Meanwhile FW is dying because no one wants to play it. MGs and LBX are still awful. The QP game modes desperately need something fresh. But we will damn sure get a new mech pack every month.

I don't see the point in supporting the game by buying mech packs anymore because it doesn't seem like much of the money we are spending is being put to use working on things the community actually wants. I am kind of looking forward to the new skill tree, and I want to know more about the new mode that will replace assault. Tell me about that stuff. Tell me about content that isn't a new mech because, frankly, those are not very interesting to me at this point. Don't be all secret squirrel and show us that things are being improved, that is what will get me to spend money again.

It's not like we don't hear this 1000 times a day. They have a command chair, and monthly patches. Your just gonna have to wait. repeating the same thing over and over doesn't change anything. It's not gonna be here tommarrow.

wait till mechcon for the announcement for FW. save yourself the paragraphs

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 05:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users