Qp Select One From Drop Deck

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

So if by drop deck in QP = Select a Mech by Weigh Class from a Drop Deck you set up in Advance, one for each Weight Class, and you can select the Mech that best fits the Map that was voted on.... cool, I would love that.

Spelling it out:
In advance you set up 4 drop decks of 4 mechs by weight class
for example in each weight class you choose One Mech for Short Range, One for Long Range, One for Hot Map and one for Cold Map.

Then when you enter a QP, "After" the Map is selected you choose which Mech you want from the Drop Deck based on the Map that was Voted and the Weight of the mech you choose first.
or you just keep your first choice.

This I think we can all agree on?... I hope.

P.S.
Sorry if this came up in the other QP Drop Deck thread, it was... TLDR

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

That will basically mean even more min-maxing, and even less mixed builds. I personally do not like it.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

You know as far as min/maxing, i really don't care.. If it makes people want to play other maps, and increases my fun playing on specific maps, and gets people to buy more mechs, and buy drop decks, and turns out over all a positive, then i'm all for it.

I know i personally get tired of being destroyed on certain maps because i didn't pick a longer ranged mech, and get stuck on Grim DOM, with people not even wanting to press past the back of the circle.. Dom is one of the worst offenders on many maps, because it forces you to fight in places that have very little cover to get close if the pack doesn't want to move.

I actually think it would lead to much more vareity, just do to the fact that people are building for specific maps. It could be a great thing.

If i was PGI i think i might try it for a month and see what happens.. Just give people One drop deck, and let them put in 3 mechs,, (either all the same weight, Or with in 5 tons + or minus as long as they are all in the same class) and see how it all plays out..

If it works, let people buy drop decks to add more mechs, Or add more slots to their deck, keeping the same rules for each.. (say i want to buy a deck for each class, but once match starts i can only swap between that deck)

maybe i want a 25 ton deck, 45 ton deck, 60 ton deck, 70 ton deck, ect... I think the concept is solid.. i just don't know how it would all play out in the end.. but i'd really like to try for a month just to see how it all played out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users