#1 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

Let's talk modules -

Okay, So I see that weapon modules such as range/cooldown are all priced the same 3m C-bill,
and I see that if you want to pick up the skills for those cooldowns they come in ranks:
Rank-------GXP-----Increase

Rank 1-----500-----2.00%
Rank 2-----600-----4.00%
Rank 3-----700-----6.00%
Rank 4-----800-----8.00%
Rank 5-----900-----10.00%

Does this mean I buy the module say, at Rank 1, put it on the mech, get the benefit (obvi)
Then later when I achieve Rank 2, the module automatically upgrades?
Or do I have to buy a new module?

Modules are like all the rest of the equipment, right?
I put it on a mech and can take it off later and put it on another mech at no cost?
If I put the same module on 3 different mechs I then have three of that module in my inventory?
If I sell a mech that's fully kitted out, all that equipment on it goes too, right? weapons and modules?

In theory, is a beginner better off focusing on one mech or chassis to upgrade or are they better off spending their Cbills and GXP spreading it around?

Actually, while I'm on the topic of upgrades, When you get a camo pattern, that doesn't come with colors, does it?

#2 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostScottAleric, on 30 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Let's talk modules -

Okay, So I see that weapon modules such as range/cooldown are all priced the same 3m C-bill,
and I see that if you want to pick up the skills for those cooldowns they come in ranks:

Rank 1-----500-----2.00%
Rank 2-----600-----4.00%
Rank 3-----700-----6.00%
Rank 4-----800-----8.00%

Does this mean I buy the module say, at Rank 1, put it on the mech, get the benefit (obvi)

I put it on a mech and can take it off later and put it on another mech at no cost?
If I put the same module on 3 different mechs I then have three of that module in my inventory?
If I sell a mech that's fully kitted out, all that equipment on it goes too, right? weapons and modules?

In theory, is a beginner better off focusing on one mech or chassis to upgrade or are they better off spending their Cbills and GXP spreading it around?

Actually, while I'm on the topic of upgrades, When you get a camo pattern, that doesn't come with colors, does it?

Modules are just modules, you do not buy a Rank with c-bills.
Once equiped the Modules effectiveness is based on your Skill Rank based on GXP spent.
If you have a Module, and buy up to a new Rank, there is no need to purchase a new one as they always function at your current Skill Rank.

Since modules are Pilot Skills, not Mech Skill, they unlock once for all mechs with GXP.

And yes, you can equip/move it between mechs just like other equipment.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 30 September 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#3 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostScottAleric, on 30 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Let's talk modules -

Rank 1-----500-----2.00%
Rank 2-----600-----4.00%
Rank 3-----700-----6.00%
Rank 4-----800-----8.00%

Yes, they auto-upgrade.

Prevailing wisdom is to get radar derp and seismic sensors. It will take ages to get one each of those. Then get 4 if you wana make a drop deck (in whatever form FP takes after Xmas).

Then, start working through the weapons modules based on what you use most.

Meanwhile, you should probably start using consumables if you haven't. At least UAV's.

One well-placed UAV can make or break a game.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

The main questions have already been answered (modules level with you and can be freely moved between Mechs) but to elaborate on Hunkajunk's post above regarding consumables, yes they are great especially the UAV they tend to provide great benefit for the team but not so much for you, their use can increase your chance of winning but they rarely pay for themselves so if you are more interested in earnings avoid them

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 30 September 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#5 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 30 September 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

The main questions have already been answered (nodules level with you and can be freely moved between Mechs) but to elaborate on Hunkajunk's post above regarding consumables, yes they are great especially the UAV they tend to provide great benefit for the team but not so much for you, their use can increase your chance of winning but they rarely pay for themselves so if you are more interested in earnings avoid them

I like to think of them as something that can increase the chance of winning. You get more for a win than a loss and a UAV can be really, really handy for letting your friendlies know where the enemy is, even if no one has lrms.

They can be very useful if you have seismic and see a bunch of enemies on the other side of a building but don't want to poke your nose around the corner. Pop a UAV and take a look at the targets. Granted it doesn't show what weapons the enemy has, but knowing which mechs are on the other side of that building can be very useful.

Edited by mailin, 30 September 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

View Postmailin, on 30 September 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

I like to think of them as something that can increase the chance of winning. You get more for a win than a loss and a UAV can be really, really handy for letting your friendlies know where the enemy is, even if no one has lrms.

They can be very useful if you have seismic and see a bunch of enemies on the other side of a building but don't want to poke your nose around the corner. Pop a UAV and take a look at the targets. Granted it doesn't show what weapons the enemy has, but knowing which mechs are on the other side of that building can be very useful.

I completely agree, but the cost of a UAV and a strike can be greater than match earnings on a bad loss, and can seriously eat into earnings from a "good" loss or a "bad" win hence my warnings about costs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users