13 replies to this topic

#1 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:43 AM

Why does my Night Gyr get legged to the death all the time? I have it now with max leg armor...
This is the only mech I own that does this.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

I do not own the Night Gyr and have not played against it much but it's legs do look quite bulky so the leg hitboxes are likely larger than the other you have piloted.

If you know the legs are fragile I would suggest figuring out how to protect them, e.g. put terain between your legs and the enemies guns where possible

#3 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

It's like... ALL LEGS though...

#4 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

I've played probably 15-20 games now in my Gyr(s) and have never been legged.

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

I have noticed the same. I believe it's stems from it's slow jump and limited jump jet burn. I find very easy to have some falling damage after each jump. I also agree with Rogue Jedi. It's legs are freaking huge.

#6 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

They are slow already... Pop a leg and then it is super easy to out maneuver them.. They don't have much on them for armor, so it seams like a sound strat.. If you are going to take a few hits anyway.. Might as well pop off one of their legs, then they are screwed for an easy kill..

Hate to say this, but i never thought about it till now.. But next match, i know EXACTLY how i am going to deal with the next one i see lol

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

From what I have seen it's fast.
How do you kill fast things effectively?
BREAK THEIR LEGS.

o.O;

I've also noticed slower moving Night Gyrs tend to draw less attention to their legs and more to their side torsos.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 September 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

From what I have seen it's fast.
How do you kill fast things effectively?
BREAK THEIR LEGS.

o.O;

I've also noticed slower moving Night Gyrs tend to draw less attention to their legs and more to their side torsos.

It's really, really not fast. It goes 69.7 once tweaked and has no agility quirks. It's pretty much an assault movement-wise.

I have no idea, OP. I've been legged in them from time to time, but mostly lose CT when I die (though I usually lose a ST first). Are you weakening your legs by not feathering JJ on the way down perhaps?

#9 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

Seems to be all CT to me, no matter which direction I get hit from

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostTercieI, on 30 September 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

It's really, really not fast. It goes 69.7 once tweaked and has no agility quirks. It's pretty much an assault movement-wise.

I have no idea, OP. I've been legged in them from time to time, but mostly lose CT when I die (though I usually lose a ST first). Are you weakening your legs by not feathering JJ on the way down perhaps?

Still fairly fast compared to the average Inner Sphere 75 ton build. It not being the 81+ kph monster that Timber Wolf is means it can carry meaner weapons.
So far I'd rather face a Timber Wolf than be on the wrong end of a Night Gyr's weapons.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostKoniving, on 01 October 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

Still fairly fast compared to the average Inner Sphere 75 ton build. It not being the 81+ kph monster that Timber Wolf is means it can carry meaner weapons.
So far I'd rather face a Timber Wolf than be on the wrong end of a Night Gyr's weapons.

Can't disagree with that. The weapons load is ferocious.

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostKoniving, on 01 October 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

Tis true... BUT.. when you hit legs, it is often very hard to tell from which direction you are getting hit.. especially if you are slightly behind and to the side.. You can be sneaky and shoot the opposite leg.. You start taking damage in your right leg, you don't see the fire in front of you, your natural reaction is twist to the right, and start moving to cover.. You don't see anything, by the time you twist back you lost the leg.. :)

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 October 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Tis true... BUT.. when you hit legs, it is often very hard to tell from which direction you are getting hit.. especially if you are slightly behind and to the side.. You can be sneaky and shoot the opposite leg.. You start taking damage in your right leg, you don't see the fire in front of you, your natural reaction is twist to the right, and start moving to cover.. You don't see anything, by the time you twist back you lost the leg.. Posted Image

Exactly, proven by the first Atlas in Lordred's Assault on the Legs...

"Duh, which way did it come from George? Which way did it come from?"

#14 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 01 October 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

Seems to be all CT to me, no matter which direction I get hit from

I lose arms and stuff before I die. An unbelievable %20 I get legged in matches.
I think people are up on the legging idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users