Battlefleet Gothic Game For My Phone...and I Love It.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

I don't play many IOS games on my phone. However, I've finally found a game I love.

Battlefleet Gothic Leviathan.

In a nutshell it is the naval combat spin-off game for Warhammer 40,000. Grim dark future, almost steampunk in style, about starships that look like gigantic Catholic cathedrals with plasma engines stuck on the back, and a ram bow nose cones, and giant guns stuck out the windows who fight living, alien starships with claws and tentacles called Tyranids. Also, there are Warhammer 40k space marines, specifically the Blood Angles and Flesh Terror chapters.

I've had the traditional table top game boxed set for a long time, but have never played it. I just don't have any interest in it from my friends, and I don't want to go to a game store and play with strangers.

Now I don't have to. This game I heard about months ago (and forgot about) was exactly what I was looking for. It is a 1-to-1 translation of the turn based table top game to IOS (and as of early September, also has Android as well). The game works well, and the phone handles all of the rules for you, so the battles play pretty fast, 20 minutes or less per match.

The game is only $5, way, way more cheap than the $50 you will pay for a boxed set board game that are out of print now. And it doesn't have any of the typical IOS phone game payment shenanigans like a cash shop, or pay to unlock crates to get more stuff. You pay the $5, you ge the full game.

I highly recommend it.

Posted Image

P.S. Don't confuse this game with BattleFleet Gothic Armada, which is a real time strategy game on PC.

If you want a fancy graphics RTS game, get Armada on PC. I you want traditional board game with no changes, get Leviathan.

#2 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

That is an interesting recommendation. Will remember that.

The only game I have in my Nexus smartphones is Pokemon Go. On my Android tablets however, particularly on my Nexus 9 and my Pixel C, I got this.

This started out as an iOS game but got really big on Android, earning 10 to 50 million downloads in Google Play with a 4.5 star rating out of over 600,000 reviews.

I also play it on my Acer R11 Chromebook with a touchscreen, as that device recently acquired Android app compatibility recently.

The maker, Pixonic, recently got acquired by Mail.ru for $30 million.

The name Walking War Robots recently changed to War Robots when the game added four legged mechs.

#3 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

I just tried that War Robots game on my phone, first 2 games went 5-0.

Pretty nice, something I can see soaking a lot of down time into :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users