40 replies to this topic

#21 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostDeadeeye, on 01 October 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Yay! I missed the TBR Heavies sale by a day, now this sale just makes my day.

Same here.

But, if I actually decide to spend the money to buy two more mechbays in addition to the TBR two:
Stormcrows, Novas, Warhawks or Dire Whales?
I have one of each, either from steam packs or from events earlier this year in the garage, but which of them deserves to be elited?

I like the Warhawk, I don't really like the Dire Wolf, but I already have preordered the MAD-IIC (which promises to mainly replace the WHK). This leaves the choice to be met between the two mediums.
Opinions?

#22 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

View Post045, on 01 October 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

Can we please have a sale on the Wave 1 collectors packages?

Web store items go on sale rarely because you're already paying less than the IN game store MC prices, and they include mech bays and often other items also.

#23 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 01 October 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Web store items go on sale rarely because you're already paying less than the IN game store MC prices, and they include mech bays and often other items also.

Well yeah, I know. That is not relevant to what I said. I didn't say "Why don't we get the collectors packs on sale too? This is totally unfair!" I said "Can we please have a sale on the Wave 1 collectors packages?" Please do not mistake me for one of those who with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement ;)

And I can predict exactly when we will have a sale for the web store packs, right after I buy the ones I want. Murphy's law right? haha

#24 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:17 AM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 01 October 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Rule #1: always double-check the price
Rule #2: don't build a mech til you're almost ready to use it
Rule #3: don't blow all your money in one shot (re: rule #2)

Rule #4: SRM nova gonna be OP

Wait what you mean I shouldn't have bought around 32 heavies in the sale or all those mech packs I still haven't played yet as I like to max sets of mechs and enjoy the game rather than total 24/7 nerd out? ;)

Knew I was doing something wrong.

#25 Ironrooster

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

It would be nice if this sale ran to the end of Mechtoberfest.

#26 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

It would be nice if the Clan Wave 1 collections and ala carte packs were on sale also.

#27 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

Do remember if you need multiple chassis....get the priciest ones first if you're playing to rebuild c-bill piles before the sale ends. Dire wolves and warhawks before adders or kit foxes.

#28 AchingNoodle

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 01 October 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

Pls dont contact the support für c-bill refounds cause u bought mechs days earlier.

Yup, the limit is +-24 hours.

#29 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostAchingNoodle, on 03 October 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

Yup, the limit is +-24 hours.

Well the limit is actually what customer service allow not what a player like you or I says. ;)

#30 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostAramuside, on 03 October 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

Well the limit is actually what customer service allow not what a player like you or I says. Posted Image

Yep. I got the difference between the sale price and regular price of my Novas injected back into my account, but PGI warned me that in the future I shouldn't push it past "a day or two" from the beginning or end of the sale. So I guess they are deciding it on a case by case basis. Anyway, it was very kind of them. I may not like some of the things PGI do, or the way they do it, but their customer service is top-notch :)

#31 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

Didn't know if I was going to get something from this sale, but I broke down and picked something up. Yup, +1 new Mech in my bays to level up, albeit that I was hesitant before. Unfortunately, I also tanked my in the process, just picking it up at the sale price and then reconfiguring to what I needed. Here goes me, off to rebuild my wallet. -_-

~D. V. "I'll see you all on the battlefield with my new Mech..." Devnull

#32 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 October 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Didn't know if I was going to get something from this sale, but I broke down and picked something up. Yup, +1 new Mech in my bays to level up, albeit that I was hesitant before. Unfortunately, I also tanked my in the process, just picking it up at the sale price and then reconfiguring to what I needed. Here goes me, off to rebuild my wallet. Posted Image

~D. V. "I'll see you all on the battlefield with my new Mech..." Devnull

Yeah, I know that feeling having saved for ages for the heavy sale and spent my way down to where I just had enough to outfit one of the five Catapults I'd just bought... still need 4 300/310XL engines + outfitting costs so will leave that a while I guess. ;)

#33 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

View PostKuaron, on 01 October 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

Same here.

But, if I actually decide to spend the money to buy two more mechbays in addition to the TBR two:
Stormcrows, Novas, Warhawks or Dire Whales?
I have one of each, either from steam packs or from events earlier this year in the garage, but which of them deserves to be elited?

I like the Warhawk, I don't really like the Dire Wolf, but I already have preordered the MAD-IIC (which promises to mainly replace the WHK). This leaves the choice to be met between the two mediums.
Opinions?

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I'd go with Stormcrows. You can use them as Streak Crows when you're bored and would like to try fragging poor lights Posted Image Stormcrows also are a great Scout in FP. That being said, I don't own a WHK, DWF or a Nova .... so I wouldn't know their pros.

#34 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostAramuside, on 03 October 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I know that feeling having saved for ages for the heavy sale and spent my way down to where I just had enough to outfit one of the five Catapults I'd just bought... still need 4 300/310XL engines + outfitting costs so will leave that a while I guess. Posted Image

You can do what I did. I bought one engine (300XL) and just moved it around each mech.

#35 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

View Postl3elthaz0r, on 04 October 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

You can do what I did. I bought one engine (300XL) and just moved it around each mech.

That doesn't cover using several of them in a Drop Deck. Also, it gets annoying when you get delayed due to moving things around before you can use a Mech :(

~D. V. "Better to outfit them all, instead of having to wait..." Devnull

#36 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostDeadeeye, on 04 October 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I'd go with Stormcrows. You can use them as Streak Crows when you're bored and would like to try fragging poor lights Posted Image Stormcrows also are a great Scout in FP. That being said, I don't own a WHK, DWF or a Nova .... so I wouldn't know their pros.

Yes, Stormcrow is kind of the default decision, because meta and OP and stuff.
I was just asking for reasons to decide differently. ^^
Shadow cat would be a third alternative, beside Nova, btw.

Also, if Stormcrow: If I take the missile one as second, which one to take third?

Edited by Kuaron, 04 October 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#37 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

View PostKuaron, on 04 October 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Yes, Stormcrow is kind of the default decision, because meta and OP and stuff.
I was just asking for reasons to decide differently. ^^
Shadow cat would be a third alternative, beside Nova, btw.

Also, if Stormcrow: If I take the missile one as second, which one to take third?

I'd recommend the laser vomit SCR, but that depends on the impending energy draw system. If you can wait, better to see what happens.

#38 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostDeadeeye, on 04 October 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'd recommend the laser vomit SCR, but that depends on the impending energy draw system. If you can wait, better to see what happens.

Yeah this is the main reason I've not fit too many of the mechs I've bought recently yet. PTS has gone suspicouously quiet though....

#39 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

SCR:
Meantime I found this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...mcrow-variants/
Which mainly says: Yes, there are only two distinguishable variants (lasers and missiles) and even they only differ by their omnipods.
But thanks anyway. ^^
Maybe I actually will wait. It's not like there is nothing to spend C-Bills on later. And two Timbers are a good enough addition for one event.

About PTS and ED, I'm not that concerned. Builds will change, but a missile- or energy-heavy variant will stay what it was.

#40 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

After all I bough a Stormcrow, the one I wouldn't keep anyway (variant C, already having the Prime(S)).
And I have a question concerning sales:

If one sells a Mech during a sale, is the money one gets back reduced, as it would be in WoT, or not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users