71 replies to this topic

#61 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

Is there a single mech in the game with more insane quirks than the Summoner?

#62 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostBelacose, on 27 October 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

What.

#63 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

It's a "bear", and it rhymes with Brodiak.

Feels like a Kodak moment.

#64 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

1) It has the firepower of a medium mech, so they gave it the agility of a medium mech.
2) Is there a heavy mech in the game right now with less available podspace?

The mech has only 2 actually good meta builds, and one of those is only good for full on brawl decks.

Whatever your silly hang up is (I'm guessing you got killed by one), it is indeed silly.

#65 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostUltimax, on 28 October 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

1) It has the firepower of a medium mech, so they gave it the agility of a medium mech.

The mech has only 2 actually good meta builds, and one of those is only good for full on brawl decks.

Whatever your silly hang up is (I'm guessing you got killed by one), it is indeed silly.

Don't any problem with it at all. Simply stated it has insane quirks. And I understand why, because it's the only way to make it viable.

You read too much into my post. I simply said it has insane quirks, which it does.

#66 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:20 AM

i run duel peeps or duel UAC'5's in my build and thats all..and i get 4kills and 600+ damage on a regular basis

#67 Abel Enders

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

My favorite SMN is the most unlikely of fellows. 1 x cUAC20, 1 x cERPPC, both in the arms.

I have historically hated low-hardpoint mechs but loved this thing from my first match. Rather than shoot over things, I shoot around them. It's nimble enough that you can sit back with the cERPPC and lob one lightning ball after another from relative safety, and has enough tankiness to let you really get intimate on someone with the cUAC20. Alphas with the two at short-to-mid ranges work surprisingly well.

I didn't change the build once from basic to elite, and it facerolled most of the way. More importantly, it was a shockingly fun build to play when I did not think it was going to be good at all.

Edited by Abel Enders, 28 October 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#68 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostUltimax, on 28 October 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

your looking at old data. as well as great mobility, it now has 6 energy points with heat, duration and cooldown quirks. Its managed to powercreep past the laser vomit timber.

#69 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:41 AM

I've been leveling summoners with the 2 (L) variants + a prime I bought on sale. I've got one with 2 erppc, one with 3 lpl and the prime with 5 srm6. Really enjoying them all. The lpl one has a -15% heat gen quirk, and some small cooldown/duration quirks. Liking the summoner a lot so far.

#70 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

View Postjjm1, on 28 October 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

your looking at old data. as well as great mobility, it now has 6 energy points with heat, duration and cooldown quirks. Its managed to powercreep past the laser vomit timber.

Number of hardpoints doesn't change how much tonnage you have leftover for heatsinks.

You can run any Laser Vomit Summoner build on an HBK-IIC-A and end up with a better build due to all high mounts.

If you think it's better at laser vomit than the Timber Wolf, you are basically saying that you have no concept of hardpoint locations and struggle with basic addition and subtraction.

Edited by Ultimax, 28 October 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#71 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostUltimax, on 28 October 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Number of hardpoints doesn't change how much tonnage you have leftover for heatsinks.

You can run any Laser Vomit Summoner build on an HBK-IIC-A and end up with a better build due to all high mounts.

If you think it's better at laser vomit than the Timber Wolf, you are basically saying that you have no concept of hardpoint locations and struggle with basic addition and subtraction.

Sure, if you ignore the massive offensive and defensive quirks. +50% structure in the STs, +70% accept/decel, -15% heat gen and good mounts would give a Timby a run for its money. And I love the Hunchback IIC, but it's a glass cannon compared to a real heavy.

Regarding the tonnage and DHS advantage, let's put in perspective the advantages of heat gen quirks versus extra heat sinks. A Timby's laser vomit alpha of 2LPL + 4ERML generates 44 heat. The Summoner (-15% heat gen) generates 37.4. If your weapons cycle approximately every four seconds, how many extra DHS do you need to dissipate that extra 6.6 heat? 1.65 h/s? Even with x2 Cool Run skill you need 9 additional DHS.

Okay, so maybe that's too hot so you run 2LPL and only 3ERML. Timby: 38 heat, Summoner: 32.3 heat. The Timby needs to dissipate an extra 1.4 h/s to keep up with the Summoner, an extra 7 or 8 DHS. Do you have that much extra tonnage over a Summoner? No.

So yeah, the Summoner is tankier, faster, more agile, jumps higher, runs cooler, shoots faster, has shorter laser duration, and has a humanoid shape with shield arms. The Timby can give you high mounts if you run the -A LT, but that also gives you big nega-quirks. "Basic addition and subtraction."

Edited by Kubernetes, 28 October 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#72 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostUltimax, on 28 October 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

I don't what your getting rude for.

Besides your not thinking about the Summoners quirks. Which is what the response was about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users