• 158 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

Taking a dakka & brawling break

Could use opinions.

Considering 1 of 2 mechs already owned.

NTG- D : 4 X ALRM15 + 2 LL's

or

Whk-B: 50 tubes + 5 X MPL (tried it a few times already)

Yes, an assault but as many will tell you it is unique as it is well built for LRM's with missile/LRM quirks. More overall firepower than NTG.... same speed..

In fact, the 5X MPL alone are menacing in itself and account for half the kills.

Am I missing anything?

#2 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:12 AM

imo you want at least 70LRM for a boat, less then that and you wont be getting many kills...

my 90LRM MDD regularly gets 2-3KMDD per game even if its a trashy PUG where no-one spots or does anything usefull simply because i only need 2-3 voleys to torso core an assult

#3 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

90 tubes in a MDD? How much room is left for ammo or at least a couple of backup lasers for CQ/lights?

Edited by Chill Bill, 08 October 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#4 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

the backup weapon is you lock on, point your nose down, and give them a face full of LRM's Posted Image trust me, ive killed a fair number of fools that got too close like this (best is the time I one shot a full health ACH)

no one expects 90 clan LRM to the face

I prefer this model, its down armoured and takes advantage of ACH hitbox that make it impossible to head shot (or hit rear CT), you play as a true LRM boat and keep out of the way of enemy, even with just passive locks your mass alpha reliably delivers the hurt
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d00339d7688b939

you can expect around 600-800 damage on an average game, but LRM boating is what i do when I feel a bit lazy

Edited by maimaimi, 09 October 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#5 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

When the Night Gyr first came out, everyone was running AMS, so my damage really wasn't getting through... I have mine built with the LRM 20's, but without the Art. so I can run more ammo, I need to take her out again and see how she runs, now that the AMS isn't as prevalent.

#6 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:35 AM

I have never really seen the benefits of ART missiles, most of the time you are not poking your head out for locks on a missile boat, and if you are, having X tones of normal weaponry or ammo is still better then having ART missiles

#7 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:27 AM

My favorite LRM boats are the Battlemaster BLR-1G and the Awesome AWS-8R. Besides that I've had fun with LRM-5 boats.

#8 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

this video it just... yes!

#9 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

AWS-8R I have to second that thing is evil used a mix of LRM 10 and 15 (Quirks work out so 15 and 10 cooldown about same time) some tag and blaaaaamo rips things to bits.

But honestly most chassis I have found an effective LRM version with as I work my way to mastery.

LRM boat are mighty nice when network connection is iffy and FPS is crappy. Can stand back and still ahve some good control.

#10 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:47 PM

I honestly found more success in a light spotter/LRM boat combination when working with a team, than in a bigger, slower LRM boat.

Simply because the big, slower LRM boats reposition too slowly to either flush the enemy out of cover. Why have loads of tubes when all you're going to hit is dirt or rock?

NARC / LRM 30 on an ADR or KFX. 5 tons ammo looks light, but you'll eventually realise that positioning > amount of missiles lobbed. NARC enemy -> fire at them till they take cover -> move to a position where you can still hit them -> flush enemy out of cover and hopefully into your own team's firing line.

Either way, the function of light LRM boats is the same. You force the enemy to move from their current cover (and into the open), or force them to keep eating a steady stream of armor-eating missiles. Not for kills.

ADR-D | TAG | NARC | LRM 30/5 tons
KFX-D | NARC | LRM 30 / 5 tons
JR7-IIC | NARC | LRM 25 / 6.5 tons

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 29 October 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#11 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

I don't usually lerm
But when I do
Its in a quad LRM10 Summoner with narc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users