Search Function! Please!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

This forum needs a decent one, like... you know... about every other forum for almost 20 years now.
With the ability to sort results, search by different criteria like keyword AND user, and that like.

Well we get one?

#2 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostKuaron, on 09 October 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

This forum needs a decent one, like... you know... about every other forum for almost 20 years now.
With the ability to sort results, search by different criteria like keyword AND user, and that like.

Well we get one?

O. M. F. G. YES. This +1000, for real. It's practically impossible to get decent results because there's no filter. I'd like to be able to filter/sort by date, search distinct forum sections instead of everything, be more precise in the actual search terms, choose between "AND" and "OR" ...

A lot of that is pretty basic stuff. Unfortunately, since they went with their own forum software, developing a more robust search function is going to take some work. Nevertheless, it is definitely needed. I couldn't tell you how many times I have ended up posting blind because I couldn't be sure something had been covered after searching several possible terms and trying to wade through pages of mostly irrelevant stuff. As for users, trying to find their posts you can search for their name but that brings up every time that name or something like it was mentioned as opposed to just being able to search a given user's posts.

#3 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

I second that. It's a shame that in 2016 a game which relies heavily on external information does not provide a usable forum search function...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users