Mauler Mx90 Question......

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

How the heck do I get an AC/20 or Gauss Rifle up into that juicy high mount by the cockpit? I've tried everything I know to do and it won't do it, no matter what order I put machine guns in it just keeps putting the AC/20 on the more low slung slots. I've even tried selling all my machine guns and buying fresh ones because someone told me that each item has its own ID and something about only then can you force it into the higher slot by putting brand new weapons in the lower slots. Whats REALLY making me mad is that if I want an AC/2 or AC/5 in that upper slot.......no problem! Just put two machine guns in the bottom (or more AC/2s and 5s) and the third AC/5 I add always goes to the top slot with no fuss..........and I may very well do the stereotypical AC spam build at some point but honestly the quirks to me seem to also support AC/20s pretty well and dangit THATS what I want to do. In general Im really sick and tired of this hardpoint system.......just clearly identify where each hardpoint is on a mech and let players put whatever weapon of that type into whatever slot they want, this current way of doing things is so unintuitive and dumb, not to mention it isn't explained in-game whatsoever so a new player would have no clue to even try "gaming the system". If you have to use some dumb workaround to do something in a game.........then that means its designed and/or implemented poorly.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

You can't. Obnoxiously, not only do we not have the ability to put particular guns in particular hard points, but we also have no consistent behaviors between chassis (or sometimes even between guns on a the same chassis: Check out PPCs and lasers on BNCs, they behave differently).

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Its interesting it does not work sometimes and on other mechs it works perfectly. Working as intended?

#4 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

This makes me sad. But thank you for confirming it for me, at least I know I'm not crazy.

Edited by Rando Slim, 10 October 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Yup, not crazy. You can't, because Reasons.

Note that those Reasons don't apply to the Kodiak... Presumably because Reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users