War Planning.

51 replies to this topic

#1 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

Just voted and the plan flipped a wooping 3% towards my vote.
That means a little more then 30 people actually vote according to my pleb tier math.

Why so few votes? Do we not care or are we simply not more players currently active in FP?
I mean.. bleh, it's Saturday NA prime time and still even a good time for most of the EU zone...

..r.i.p. FP or r.i.p. House Kurita?

#2 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

Not enough loyalists participating in the voting?

#3 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

I stopped voting about a month ago. With COMA doing the tournament, we're missing our best drop caller and several useful team-mates. (Hell, I even stopped logging in to the HK TS server when I start up MWO.)

If you drop in FP, now, 75% of your team will be comprised of worthless pugs/skittles. It takes a hardass caller and a bit of luck to pull off a win, under those circumstances.. which means that, currently, dropping from Kurita means you're just going to be farmed by whatever merc team went to the clans, this week; it isn't fun, it isn't rewarding and, with the population so low, there isn't much camaraderie to be had. (Unless you're a merc team and you brought your own 12 man.. which means even more waiting for us loyalists as we get pushed to the back of the queue by the 12 man, but, hey, that's the way Russler set up the game.)

So, with the deck seemingly stacked against us, I've just been playing QP for an hour or two, daily, and then logging off to play other games.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 15 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

I stopped voting about a month ago. With COMA doing the tournament, we're missing our best drop caller and several useful team-mates. (Hell, I even stopped logging in to the HK TS server when I start up MWO.)

If you drop in FP, now, 75% of your team will be comprised of worthless pugs/skittles. It takes a hardass caller and a bit of luck to pull off a win, under those circumstances.. which means that, currently, dropping from Kurita means you're just going to be farmed by whatever merc team went to the clans, this week; it isn't fun, it isn't rewarding and, with the population so low, there isn't much camaraderie to be had. (Unless you're a merc team and you brought your own 12 man.. which means even more waiting for us loyalists as we get pushed to the back of the queue by the 12 man, but, hey, that's the way Russler set up the game.)

So, with the deck seemingly stacked against us, I've just been playing QP for an hour or two, daily, and then logging off to play other games.

That explains. Haven't played in a couple of weeks. I know FP is kinda on an all time low but i haven't seen Kurita this deserted actually.

#5 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

For awhile SRMx filled the gap along with some other vets, we just kept getting farmed. Usually by EK. Between that and the Kodiak deathball and lack of interest by fellow loyalists...yeah its a rough time to be a member of the Dragon.

After the proposed changes coming it will be harder still.

#6 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

i dont even know why im still a loyalist....

#7 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

With both the official tournament and the current season of MRCB running simultaneously most of our A, B and even C-list players are pretty preoccupied with those. I don't really expect things to pick up for about another month, and I don't expect them to really really pick back up until new years.

The upside is that the dry spell seems to be affecting every faction more or less equally, so if you're part of a small unit looking for tags now is a prime opportunity while the competition is thin.

View PostTavious Grimm, on 15 October 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

After the proposed changes coming it will be harder still.

In what specific way?

Edited by Ultra-Laser, 15 October 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#8 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

Ultra I know this is where you and I disagree. I know some are for the One Bukkit solution. Great if that increases the more matches you get more power to you. For me its immersion, its the banner House Kurita. They still don't address the main issues with CW. WHY are we fighting for this house or that Clan? So you tag a planet and maybe get some MC, what about bonuses... C-bills and other incentives. Mechs/weapons/Modules at discount. (Planet depending) What about the planet itself..what's its history is there Garrison support? Stuff like that. And maps...yeah QP Maps are added. If they're unaltered then it could tip the balance further towards the Clans. Could you honestly see the IS winning a match on Polar Highlands? And speaking of balance how about reducing the sizes of the IS mechs down to something where they're not cored out. How about some updated weapons...since apparently the time line means so little. How about an increase in loyalty rewards for faction players, that way we actually have a faction base instead 3 or 4 loyal units per faction and a shitload of mercs. There are literally a dozen different things Russ and PGI could focus on to improve CWs quality... Instead they chose buckets. I hope I'm wrong I really am.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 15 October 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#9 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

Part of my disagreement, Grimm, is that few is any of your concerns directly relate to how the que functions. Planets are still just dots on a map as they always have been, so having our que place us "on the clan front" at least helps explain away how we could be fighting on sulfurous rift one match and polar highlands the next. Sure you and I can both list stuff we'd like for faction play for ages, but until you can convince me how any of these would be harmed by the bucket method, or even matter if no one actually ques up, then you and I will have to continue to agree to disagree.

Speaking of Polar Highlands, I already see clanners lose scouting matches there. Granted there are plenty of circumstantial things that make scouting games different from QP matches but the fact of the matter is that I can indeed imagine IS coming out on top, especially if there are objectives to meet other then pure kill counts. Besides, for all you and I know the next patch adds a newly redone Terra Therma to the scouting que (unless its already there and I never noticed?), won't that be fun for clan mechs.

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 15 October 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

i dont even know why im still a loyalist....

Because if you were just on the bandwagon you would have jumped ship at least three times by now.

#10 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:41 PM

Its no worries Ultra. We just want different things out CW. Though I suppose everyone does. Come the new year we'll see where CW stands.

#11 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

Votes don't mean much. At the moment, we (36th) want to fight vs. IS. But sadly no one wants to participate at those planets. We tried dropping vs. Steiner and Davion (fedcom arch enemy) but we got nothing else but ghost drops although we all voted and got davion/steiner planet in attack phase.

So voting for IS planet is pointless.

Voting for Clan planets is pointless too, because you can always drop vs. clans in CW no matter what you clicked on the vote screen.

Edited by Exard3k, 16 October 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#12 Monred

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:11 AM

View PostExard3k, on 16 October 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Votes don't mean much. At the moment, we (36th) want to fight vs. IS. But sadly no one wants to participate at those planets. We tried dropping vs. Steiner and Davion... bla-bla-bla

Is that the "36th DIERON Regulars" member words? DIERON REGULARS!! DIERON!!! Where is Dieron now? Under wich clan Dieron planet lays now? And all what they think about.. is.. fight vs. Steiner and Davion.. facepalm.

Maybe.. you.. first of all.. Take BACK your homeplanet from Clans? And up to this point, you should remain silent.. please

#13 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Face it there aren't enough of pilots on to split both, as it is we're being farmed to the point of oblivion, while not as rapid as CJF did to Steiner we're still being nailed by CSJ one planet at a time and CGB is also doing their best to nibble away as well. So...your choice really...either get IS vs IS fights or watch the rest of House Kurita get swallowed up by both the Bears and Jags. I may not win many drops against the Clans but that's where my vote is going.

#14 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

Attacking Davion might suit our interests better long term. How long ago was it we last voted to attack them, weeks? months? From what I see of them it looks like their going for easy wins against Liao rather than going up against CJF as it was thought they might. So I would gather that they actually prefer IS on IS fights given how little of an effort I see them making against the clanners. Besides, if all we do is vote for IS vs Clan fights, then PGI will assume we're happy with IS vs Clan balance, which I suspect that many of you are not.

This is just me trying to justify myself though, because it absolutely galls me when I see clan davion ranked higher in the leaderboard than us when I know damm well they don't deserve to be ranked that high. I've seen Kurita teams fight on a level that dav units can at best match and still lose while davion loyalist vote to attack Liao rather then take back their own planets from CJF. We can vote to attack clans sure, but they just ghost drop back whatever gains we make because there are so few of us. Meanwhile Davion racks up easy wins and gets to feel big because nibbling away at Liao is apparently a greater accomplishment than occasionally holding out against 2-3 active clan fronts.

I suppose its a bit childish for me to want to "punish" the davions for not pulling their weight against the clans, but then it would also be just as childish to care so much about dots on a map in a stompy robot game, so its best not to think about it too hard either way.

#15 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:22 PM

I will not pretend to speak for Davion as I am a Merc, but Contact Aylward from HHoD, I think he is open to some hot IS on IS action as Liao is not very active...

http://mwomercs.com/...s-on-is-anyone/

#16 ZaRyume Mukeiyu

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 17 October 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

. . . and CGB is also doing their best to nibble away as well.

Nibble. Good one, sir. Camlann was idled for far too long thanks to this dry-spell. Last night, we must of done 5-6 legit matches, followed by 7 ghost drops in a row, before getting $%@&!-blocked by 2 Kurita teams and 2 assortment teams out of nowhere. We had to go full Rabid-Zerg-Rush mode to win back that last piece of the pie on the map, right down to the 5-minute-ceasefire window.

Call us bloody cowards for the last push, but we had committed far too much time and effort to fall short of the finishing line. Nevertheless, for all intents and purposes, I salute thee to both sides for that heart attack.

o7

Edited by ZRMV, 17 October 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#17 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 17 October 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

I suppose its a bit childish for me to want to "punish" the davions for not pulling their weight against the clans, but then it would also be just as childish to care so much about dots on a map in a stompy robot game, so its best not to think about it too hard either way.

I don't think that the Davion House have a "weight against the clans" actually. Nowadays it's almost impossible to find the group at Euro timezone and not every day I see such at start of NA timezone. So those numbers (12% of population) seems like not "weight" but bubble. It makes me sad, but this is just how the company develops this game.

#18 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 17 October 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

Attacking Davion might suit our interests better long term. How long ago was it we last voted to attack them, weeks? months? From what I see of them it looks like their going for easy wins against Liao rather than going up against CJF as it was thought they might. So I would gather that they actually prefer IS on IS fights given how little of an effort I see them making against the clanners. Besides, if all we do is vote for IS vs Clan fights, then PGI will assume we're happy with IS vs Clan balance, which I suspect that many of you are not.

This is just me trying to justify myself though, because it absolutely galls me when I see clan davion ranked higher in the leaderboard than us when I know damm well they don't deserve to be ranked that high. I've seen Kurita teams fight on a level that dav units can at best match and still lose while davion loyalist vote to attack Liao rather then take back their own planets from CJF. We can vote to attack clans sure, but they just ghost drop back whatever gains we make because there are so few of us. Meanwhile Davion racks up easy wins and gets to feel big because nibbling away at Liao is apparently a greater accomplishment than occasionally holding out against 2-3 active clan fronts.

Going for easy wins against Liao ?? Not facing the clans ?? Perhaps you are right, you are thinking about it too hard..We've been about the ONLY IS house fighting Jade Falcon for the last several months.. and quite frankly, we're plum tuckered out from fighting nothing but "Easy mode" clanners with a widening balance gap and superior numbers since we went up to face them alongside Steiner near Tharkad during Operation Galahad and ever since.. Where was Kurita during all that ?? You had an open attack lane on CJF for months and did zilch. When they attacked you...no one was home. Maybe this is why you are lower on that faction leaderboard.. Terra is long overrun with no victory condition or reset, and there are far more clanners then there are IS pilots at practically ANY given time. Clan Pug farming has totally unhinged the game mode anyway really.. so why keep playing cannon fodder every night for them now ?

From my perspective, Since it now matters very little what the clanners do in our space, being as the factions become all but meaningless in a few months with the "big bucket" IS vs Clan thing coming, Our aim with turning to Liao was trying to wake up the southern houses for some balanced IS on IS action while we still can... Not duck the clanners for easy wins.. so far we've gotten nothing but ghost drops there on the liao side, but we couldn't attack Marik directly from the nearest island border planets.. Marik has kindly swung their vote our way this morning and opened Remulac so we look forward to spirited fights there tonight. Don't get me wrong, I taste the salt too, and it's righteous, but with all due respect your analysis is off base.

Any time you want to engage and pick up some of that CJF invading the inner sphere defense slack and maybe reclaiming Dieron instead of playing with smoke kitties...feel free. or turn our way and try and get some fights with us. We'll chat more then.. Posted Image

#19 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostAylward, on 18 October 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

Going for easy wins against Liao ?? Not facing the clans ?? Perhaps you are right, you are thinking about it too hard..We've been about the ONLY IS house fighting Jade Falcon for the last several months.. and quite frankly, we're plum tuckered out from fighting nothing but "Easy mode" clanners with a widening balance gap and superior numbers since we went up to face them alongside Steiner near Tharkad during Operation Galahad and ever since.. Where was Kurita during all that ?? You had an open attack lane on CJF for months and did zilch. When they attacked you...no one was home. Maybe this is why you are lower on that faction leaderboard.. Terra is long overrun with no victory condition or reset, and there are far more clanners then there are IS pilots at practically ANY given time. Clan Pug farming has totally unhinged the game mode anyway really.. so why keep playing cannon fodder every night for them now ?

From my perspective, Since it now matters very little what the clanners do in our space, being as the factions become all but meaningless in a few months with the "big bucket" IS vs Clan thing coming, Our aim with turning to Liao was trying to wake up the southern houses for some balanced IS on IS action while we still can... Not duck the clanners for easy wins.. so far we've gotten nothing but ghost drops there on the liao side, but we couldn't attack Marik directly from the nearest island border planets.. Marik has kindly swung their vote our way this morning and opened Remulac so we look forward to spirited fights there tonight. Don't get me wrong, I taste the salt too, and it's righteous, but with all due respect your analysis is off base.

Any time you want to engage and pick up some of that CJF invading the inner sphere defense slack and maybe reclaiming Dieron instead of playing with smoke kitties...feel free. or turn our way and try and get some fights with us. We'll chat more then.. Posted Image

Just vote against Kurita.

We will be there. Posted Image

#20 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostAylward, on 18 October 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

I apologize, I haven't been keeping up on faction play as much as I once did and had to make my assessment based on the leaderboad information from the last time I logged in. Which showed Davion being ranked higher than Kurita despite Davion having (marginally) inferior winrates and K/D ratios than Kurita. This is while Kurita had 2-3 clan fronts to contend with (JF, SJ and GB) as opposed to Davion's single front against Jade Falcon who while green are not house Liao, which is who you had been attacking at the time. As we and the FRR are the only IS groups able to attack clans Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar regularly we had chosen to place our duty to our fellow spheroids (you) above the personal honor that would come from attacking Jade Falcon, who Davion, Marik, Liao and Steiner could all attack if they chose to.

I actually made an earlier post operating on the mistaken assumption that Davion was indeed capable of making a counter-push against CJF.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5396496

I am not accusing house Davion of laziness of course. I am simply sating that I should have known better then to assume that the Davions would actually be capable of fighting Jade Falcon out of the Terran corridor successfully, even with the implicit assistance from three or four other factions.

Of course it is entire possible that there are reasons for your apparent failure beyond your own seeming inferiority, in which case you should have no difficulty in challenging the Draconis Combine. Unless you've decided that a faction that currently struggles to have any 12-mans at all is too numerous to assure you the ghost drops you'd need to secure a planet.

View PostZRMV, on 17 October 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

-snip-
o7

Did you just admit that you only took a planet with ghost drops because you couldn't beat the actual Kuritan pilots once they started showing up. Bloody cowards you clan ghost drop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users