Subscrition Play

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Subscription Pay to Play (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you Pay

1. Voted PAY AS You GO--like how it is now (43 votes [87.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.76%

2. Pay $10/month and get 4 Maps and other stuff every month (3 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

3. Pay $15/month Same as above but then you get a little bit more and allowed to use Clan (3 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Laois

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

Subscription Play

Get more with the story of Battle Tech and charge $10 to $15 per month.
have 3 options
1) Pay as you go--like it is now. Pay for what you want.
2) $10/month... 4 new maps ever month, plus some thing extra. can purchase more.
3) $15/month ... Same as above but gets a little more extra

First every Planet needs different maps if there is 13 stations on a planet it needs 13 different maps per planet. So if there is 10 planets there needs to be 130 maps, 100 planets 1300 maps. You could easily make this game so much more fun with 4 maps added per month. Simply back feel the maps as you create them for each planet. Make it nearly impossible for people to memorize every map.

Stop the jumping around from IS to Clanners--Pick one and done. Now on IS they can jump from house to merc and back.

Clanner should start enforcing lower drop tonnage. The clans on story board had to bid for lowest drop decks. limit the clans tonnage to to 200 tons or less an leave IS as 250

Salvage Rights, If you salvage it or win i on Supply Caches then You shouls be able to use it on faction play.

IS Mech warriors--should not be allowed to trail or buy any clan mechs. Only through Salvage rights. And vv for Clanners.

Units has a set size supply locker and could purchase more. This is where MW's (Mec warriors) can donate mechs or equipment, the unit can purchase more gear for other MW's can use it.

Once a itiem is destroyed it is lost and most be repurchased...Ie I bring in a catapult and someone destroyes my LRM 15 I have to buy a new one.

This game could be soooooooo much more and better.

#2 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:21 AM

[mod]Moved. This should be the better place for it.[/mod]

#3 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

I think that putting PGI on a schedule for a set amount of content every month would be the recipe for crappy content every month instead of well planned, quality content every few months. Well, mostly quality.
That "quirk" poop they implemented a few years is for the birds. I still think quirks are complete male-cow-poop which is why I completely boycotted paying any cash for two years.

Regardless, I don't hate MWO at all -- I like it for the "Battletechy" simple, team mech deathmatch that it is. Because at the end of the day, that's the truth.

I'd only pay PGI for a subscription if they released all the original missions from MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat.
Or if the missions were released for 5$ each I'd pay that as well. You read that right: I'd pay $160 for the 32 MechWarrior 2 missions remastered and released in the Cryengine.

#4 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

The subject of having a subscription option has come up a few times before with different suggestions. I am not sure why there isn't one.

Personally I think there should be an option to pay a subscription if we wanted to but it doesn't need to be a complete 'one way or the other'.

I would be happy to pay a monthly subscription if it provided a permanent premium time bonus that stacked with purchased premium time. I think that would be the simplest and most logical option that would help to bring in steady funding for development of things like new maps, modes, features etc etc.

Unfortunately the other suggestions you have made are not practical.

#5 NinjaPretzel

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

They should just add a single player/co-op campaign period.

I don't know if charging for it would be a good idea, but I wish there was something other to do besides match-made poopfights and community warfare.

I might pay, like Lone Wanderer, if they did a total conversion of MW2's campaign missions (I'd also like to see MW3 and MW4's campaigns/missions) that can be played co-op or solo, but I think that a set of missions that can be played solo for practice or for C-Bills/EXP should be added. If they do this, there should be a set of missions that players can play without dropping the cash or paying a subscription for that content.

#6 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

Four maps a month?? You're kidding right?

OP doesnt make much sense. Where is the point? Seriously.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostMordynak, on 20 October 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Four maps a month??

Four maps equal about half a million dollar a month..

#8 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

If this were a true MMO like Eve Online there could be some reasoning for a subscription model. But for a niche match-based shooter there is no chance this will ever happen.

And maybe you should have stated that all your ideas only make sense for Faction Play. So what is your subscription model bringing to QP-players?

Edited by Daggett, 23 October 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#9 Laois

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

what ever they are saying map generation is easy and affordable...

a great map could easily be made for less then 10k

#10 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:50 AM

View PostLaois, on 23 October 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

what ever they are saying map generation is easy and affordable...

a great map could easily be made for less then 10k

ahahahaha

#11 Laois

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostNinjaPretzel, on 20 October 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

They should just add a single player/co-op campaign period.

I don't know if charging for it would be a good idea, but I wish there was something other to do besides match-made poopfights and community warfare.

I might pay, like Lone Wanderer, if they did a total conversion of MW2's campaign missions (I'd also like to see MW3 and MW4's campaigns/missions) that can be played co-op or solo, but I think that a set of missions that can be played solo for practice or for C-Bills/EXP should be added. If they do this, there should be a set of missions that players can play without dropping the cash or paying a subscription for that content.

I agree PGI could so easily convert those maps in to this game or use the base of the maps to build them to this format, open up the map generation to public--then set up review. There are so many tried and proven concepts that work.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostLaois, on 16 October 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Stop the jumping around from IS to Clanners--Pick one and done. Now on IS they can jump from house to merc and back.

so your suggestion is that players should be banned from using potentialy half the Mechs they own, in some cases thousands of dollers invested in stuff they cannot now use?

that would most certainly loose the game many of its big spenders, unless each account was split into 2 (or more) "pilots", 1 for Clan and one for IS.

I am not opposed to any ideas which could improve the game but I do not see how making Clan pay to play would help.

what I would like to see is a single player campaign and I would have no problem with that being locked behing a paywall but I am strongly opposed to taking something which has been free and locking it behind a paywall.

I cannot vote for any of the options as you have titled them, at current it is free to play with the options to pay to get stuff faster, that is not pay as you go.

#13 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

subscription pay to play will kill this game. im paying for mech pack atm have 160 day of premium left , but i know many of players pay way less then regular or even 0. we need more players not less , this game need some marketing to get more popular but this is expensive as hell.

#14 Penrose Willoughby

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, OP and 50 other people can play all these new maps by themselves when everyone else leaves.

#15 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 21 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Four maps equal about half a million dollar a month..

Some of you people need to think about what you say,, or get a grip on reality..
Half a mill is the equivalent of paying 50 artist 10k for the month each.. takes 50 artist at unrealistic pay a month to do 4 maps?? really?

#16 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

Can't take MWO to subscription based. It's Free 2 Play now and there are barely people playing. Steam only has 962 playing at this moment in time. Heck, 2,419 are playing Robocraft. The 100th most played Steam game right now is: 1,795 Warhammer End Times - Vermintide

Subscription model would kill this game. I know I wouldn't pay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users