• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

So, everyone has grown tired of the clan pug farming machine (except the farmers, of course).. Meanwhile All of the IS fronts are dormant. With nothing to look forward to in the future right now, other than the one big bucket which will probably only pour one way, the people that are left (that haven't left like the droves that have after podcast 145) are still looking for some action and a change of pace from a wall of Kodiaks and streakcrows.

I've seen some recent failed attempts by Liao and Marik to re-engage down here, and Davion has come to join that party. Our vote is swung and locked in on the liao border (because we cant attack from one of the Davion islands on Marik's border...its a feature), and are starting with the planet Tsingtao.

We invite any and all Liao pilots/units to join us on that border during the EU and NA cycles for the time being. We've also seen some merc units trickling in on both sides as well. Hopefully they can round out the queues with us and get in on the fun too without overwhelming the front.

We also invite Marik to attack Davion border if possible from their side.. Both actions here designed to get us all some nice even, steady, balanced IS vs IS fights.. Planet flips are a secondary objective here..

Who's game ?? Anyone left out there ??

#2 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

IDI is always up for a fight, we'll go on the attack quite happily....... or defend, hey a fights a fight ;)

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 17 October 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

IDI is always up for a fight, we'll go on the attack quite happily....... or defend, hey a fights a fight Posted Image

No seriously, if we don't get this guy some fights he's gonna start cruising the local pubs and start punching random folk in the face 'til he gets some frikkin fights!

#4 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:50 AM

The Trick is: dont drop against Clan JF Posted Image Posted Image

Srsly: There are a lot of Kurita ppl who wants to fight against IS. Posted Image

#5 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

We've been banging our heads against MJ12, EVIL, 228 (the scatterings of), CPOP, JGx and what seems to be every l33t unit out there for the past few days. We haven't won a single game but we'll keep dropping as they are the only game in town and we still manage to have a bit of fun trying different things.

However a bit of IS vs IS would be fun. We'll coordinate with Davion TS when we are dropping, and I'll give HHPG a nod (they are currently Kurita) to see if we can get a defense queue in place on the Marik or Liao side(actually I cant remember, will all IS be able to defend when we attack?).

#6 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

It has to be 12 from the defending faction when it Is IS vs IS, so 12 Liao vs 12 Davion in this case.

#7 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

Balls. Just goes to show how long its been since we played IS vs IS.

Will be difficult to get an opponent.

#8 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

I heard something about a fight?

#9 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Operation commencing... Hopeful some Liao-ists will appear!

#10 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hey Little Funny talking Welsh Guy,..ya you in the Green and black Skirt! Got your 12? Posted Image

#11 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

If Kurita attacks Davion, we will respond with any available forces.. No one down here is trying to avoid one border or another anymore.. There is no point now.

#12 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

Do yall have the numbers to get drops on an IS-IS front? We tried on Liao and ghosted a bunch. I am not sure how many we can muster and I refuse to spend an hour trying to wrangle a squad together.

#13 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

we've gotten a handful of dry drops on this side too so far, but we're just getting started. We will have 12-24 on Davion front on this evening at least, and there's 20+ in Davion TS right now..

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

We tried for a hour or more on the Liao border, I tried to drum up some interest on their faction chat, but alas...

#15 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostAylward, on 17 October 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

If Kurita attacks Davion, we will respond with any available forces.. No one down here is trying to avoid one border or another anymore.. There is no point now.

I'll spread the word in my unit and we will vote and drop vs. Davion as primary target. Lots of us are bored of the amount of EBJ+TBR+KDK in CW (just gets boring if you only see a few mech chassis out of ~100) and it has been ages since I killed a BLG in CW.

I'm all pro on emphasising on IS vs. IS

Edited by Exard3k, 17 October 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

#MakeISvsISGreatAgain

#17 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

6 Ghost Drops later, we gave up and went back to fighting clanners.

#18 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

hmmm...th only house with lower population is....Marik? yet most of Liao doesn't play FP until the weekend. TCAF is basically defunc. So now EU Liao left except for SHZ....

Maybe a Faction Play event that isn't IS vs Clan could happen to bring the fun back out.

Edited by Stoneblade, 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#19 Killer Kellaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGrand Junction, CO

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

I love this idea. TTar (Templars of Tartarus) will be pulling further back into IS for just that reason. Maybe it will push PGI to bring the time line to where it should be and give IS the weapons upgrades that made it possible to compete against the clans.

#20 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

If you know they are bringing lots of kodiak 3s just hop in a locust and run to their feet... and then shoot up! they can't aim that low. Get one at least on each kodiak.

Or use mechs in unison with massive alphas and little facetime (ac40, srms) and torso twist and focus. You may lose some mechs but win the tonnage trade...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users