Haunted And Hunted Event

339 replies to this topic

#21 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

On a serious note, the thing that really worries me is the way the "Hunt the Huntsman" challenge is set up. Would make sense if it was cumulative (achieve a total of 10 kills/kmdds on a Huntsman), but it is not - you've got to achieve at least one kill/kmdd on a specific mech per day for 10 days... Not sure if it is doable at all, unless you play like 50 matches every day. Let's hope people will bring a lot of Huntsmen to shoot at :)

#22 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Possible Prizes:
Active Premium Time
'Mech Bays
MC (various values)
C-bills (various values)
GXP (various values)
MC Consumables

• Cool Shot
• UAV
• Artillery Strike
• Air Strike

Just noticed. Mech bays are again included in the loot bags. I recall we all wanted to get some mech bays from past events but none to be had. Finally!

#23 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 17 October 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

On a serious note, the thing that really worries me is the way the "Hunt the Huntsman" challenge is set up. Would make sense if it was cumulative (achieve a total of 10 kills/kmdds on a Huntsman), but it is not - you've got to achieve at least one kill/kmdd on a specific mech per day for 10 days... Not sure if it is doable at all, unless you play like 50 matches every day. Let's hope people will bring a lot of Huntsmen to shoot at Posted Image

I like that the Hunt goes both ways. You will be trying to kill all the huntsmen. Me? I'll be trying to kill all of you.

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 17 October 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Still going to be hot.

Not for Night Gyr owners...

#25 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

I see an uptick in IS (U)AC5 builds this next little bit if we're gonna get Terra Therma'ed on the regular. Guess I won't be finishing mastering my Battlemasters this week lol.

#26 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

There is no new selling for new mech IS , to the limit of customers qualification in 2016 ??? Posted Image

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

Catching up with the massive amount of discussion...

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 October 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

View PostTercieI, on 17 October 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 October 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ugh .... Terra Therma non stop for the rest of the month.

New TT. It's basically a new map.

I hope the actual layout is different not just color. The funneled central focal point is what sucks about that map not the heat.

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 17 October 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

Oh, crap. I was just going to put some LPLs on my brand new loyalty Hellbringer which I should be getting tomorrow, and start leveling it... Not gonna happen now. Goddamn that Terra Therma. Probably the only mech I'll be playing for the next two weeks will be my Night Gyr. Damn. Damn. Damn. Well, at least it's a good thing I bought that Night Gyr...

View PostTercieI, on 17 October 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Agreed, the central point is the problem, but it's gone. It's basically a new map made from same assets.

Still going to be hot.

Watch out, folks... We may end up seeing this in Scouting Mode for Faction Warfare. I can add myself to the list of people that hate Terra Therma, though. I definitely hate the heat, as well. I did, however, see a sneak peek... Check the News Post about the Huntsman's release. The map has definitely changed, and isn't so massively unfriendly to LRM users now. At least, that's what I saw of the map. Things should be a lot more fun now. ^_^

Except for this...

View PostDee Eight, on 17 October 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Still going to be hot.

Not for Night Gyr owners...

Yeah, that's gonna be the scare-causing part... At least we won't have to worry about there being too many Night Gyr on the battlefield, right? ;)

And then.......

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 17 October 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

I do not know if we have had that before. Kill the new mech for some rewards and by the way we are having an leader board event to populate the matchmaking with huntsman.

I can just see it now, a match with 11 people trying to kill that one huntsman that is seen, just to get the ten. I fell some SRM's coming on.

almost forgot. notice that you do not have to play every day to get all the free stuff.

Not a bad idea.

Trick or treat event ontop of this, is a bonus.

Yeah, I also like that they're trying to do a Trick-or-Treat Loot Bag. However, I would point out a problem with it, and this is really the only problem that I see with the whole Event Package. They're setting it up to Limit it to a certain number of matches that give bags per day. Many people will have issues that keep them from spacing their activity across time in that regard. They should have simply allowed the 120 Bags to accumulate across the whole 8-Day Event Period for that part, as they have done with many previous Events. Hopefully they will reconsider their handling of that, and flatly adjust it to not force people to have to play 15 Matches on each and every single day of that part of the Event Package. Either that, or they allow people to catch up on missed Loot Bags from the previous days, only allowing more Loot Bags to unlock for claiming with each following day. (This second solution would probably work best with their model.) But the way they're doing it right now could set off some unnecessary impulsiveness in people that shouldn't be caused. :(

And finally...

View PostTordin, on 17 October 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Just noticed. Mech bays are again included in the loot bags. I recall we all wanted to get some mech bays from past events but none to be had. Finally!

Yup, I see it, and it puts a big smile on my face. I hope they have Mech Bays available as Rewards with more Events in the future! :D

~Mr. D. V. "Have a laugh, my treat... this post took a full hour to build and write." Devnull

#28 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Hunt the Huntsman, damn, does it mean no one will focuse my Night Gyrs anymore?Posted Image Sure there will be plenty of meatshields))

#29 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 17 October 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Hunt the Huntsman, damn, does it mean no one will focuse my Night Gyrs anymore?Posted Image Sure there will be plenty of meatshields))

Thats a good idea. Maybe i will finaly be able to lvl them :D

#30 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

Nice event. Thanks for bringing the mech bays back as possible prizes. Hopefully events like this will bring more than a few players back.

#31 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

15 matches a day for the Loot Bag can be absolute torture. Mainly because some days you're on nothing but losing teams. Just one roll after another. You get frustrated and stop playing. There's a lot of good people that just have the worst of luck. Like I've said before this PSR system is useless. The community is just not large enough for it.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 17 October 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#32 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 17 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

15 matches a day for the Loot Bag can be absolute torture. Mainly because some days you're on nothing but losing teams. Just one roll after another. You get frustrated and stop playing. There's a lot of good people that just have the worst of luck. Like I've said before this PSR system is useless. The community is just not large enough for it.

For a matchscore of 80 it doesn't matter how your team plays. You should be able to get this in nearly every match.

#33 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

View Postfreud2b, on 17 October 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

There is no new selling for new mech IS , to the limit of customers qualification in 2016 ??? Posted Image

Does that mean you already bought the Bushwacker? Plus, I'm pretty sure that both the Phoenix Hawk and Cyclops both came out after Oct 18th of last year. Not sure about the Archer or the other Phoenix mechs but there's at least 3 packs that will qualify you for it.

Edited by Scum of the Earth, 17 October 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#34 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 October 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ugh .... Terra Therma non stop for the rest of the month.

Welcome my srm bombers all day. \o/

#35 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

Am I correct to understand that loot bag event runs 7 days? If so then 7 * 15 = 105 max loot grabs, not 120 as advertised.
Am I right or am I wrong? Tell me now!

#36 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 17 October 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Am I correct to understand that loot bag event runs 7 days? If so then 7 * 15 = 105 max loot grabs, not 120 as advertised.
Am I right or am I wrong? Tell me now!

It's 8 days. Math says 120 total, though post said "140" originally (now fixed).

Edited by Deathlike, 17 October 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#37 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

I'm more annoyed honestly that FW doesn't count, so FW may as well be completely dead for the rest of the month.....

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

It's 8 days. Math says 120 total, though post said "140" originally (now fixed).

I must have arrived after it was changed... I never saw the "140" at all. :blink:

~D. V. "A quick change before I arrived?" Devnull

#39 Hatmael

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:20 PM

GRat, thx for this Event.

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

View Postshameless, on 17 October 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

I'm more annoyed honestly that FW doesn't count, so FW may as well be completely dead for the rest of the month.....

EXCUSE ME?!?!? Go read the Opening Post again!!! The only place where Faction Warfare doesn't count is for the New Terra Therma Map Challenge!!! FACTION WARFARE COUNTS ON ALL THE REST!!! No cookies for you! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Damn noobs... They gum up the mental works!" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users