207 replies to this topic

#181 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

Had a first crash in months after this patch, hope it doesn't become a habit :)

#182 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostMistydove, on 18 October 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Arties Strikes are not working at all now , Great work PGI .

Oddly I have my coolshot not work on TT in one game, was mashing the butting to cool off buuuuut nada...

#183 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Mech bay dont save picturs imag??? plz check

#184 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

I must've just qualified for the 100 matches as of last night. Not expecting that reward. Haven't been playing much for a variety of reasons.

Wanted to try the loyalty Heavies but the queue was not favorable for that. Had a few good matches in the EXE-A before logging off.

Terra therma looks great but not too sure about the map layout yet, but it seemed interesting.

Looking forward to playing more and hoping to see the game continue to improve.

#185 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

View PostK19, on 18 October 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

Mech bay dont save picturs imag??? plz check

Same here, unless my Warhammer 6R now has Void cloaking technology lol

#186 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

I really would like to see new maps released way way more often but glad to see a remake of Terra Therma.

#187 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:12 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 October 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

If anyone is curious about the kinds of posts that get you banned from posting on the forums, telling someone to kill themselves over a map change is a good example.

There's a tier 1/founder in the haunted/hunted announcement thread who didn't get the message that threatening PGI staffers with physical harm isn't the wisest move.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 October 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#188 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 October 2016 - 02:12 AM, said:

There's a tier 1/founder in the haunted/hunted announcement thread who didn't get the message that threatening PGI staffers with physical harm isn't the wisest move.

Wow. Not even I get that like that! And trust me I've argued with Alex quite a bit lol.

#189 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

Tried to make the Cheetah look like it's baring its teeth instead of it's default grumpy face :D!Posted Image

#190 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:37 AM

Repeat: DROPSHIP ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF DURING THEWHOLE GAME.

View PostNinjah, on 18 October 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Had a first crash in months after this patch, hope it doesn't become a habit Posted Image

HAHA, your funny, 1 crash per day is on par.

#191 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 19 October 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Repeat: DROPSHIP ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF DURING THEWHOLE GAME.

I noticed that. It's simultaneously annoying and helpful. It almost sets a mood suggestive of the danger of the map, and leaves me with totally mixed feelings on the matter. :wacko:

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 19 October 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

View PostNinjah, on 18 October 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Had a first crash in months after this patch, hope it doesn't become a habit Posted Image

HAHA, your funny, 1 crash per day is on par.

I'm guessing you're both using the 64-Bit Client, while on a computer that has a severe lack of RAM, say around a measly '8 GB' or so. If you wish to do away with a bit of that crashing, please use the info @ http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224380-force-32-bit-game-client-missing/page__view__findpost__p__5083378 in order to use the 32-Bit Client forcibly. It will cause your system no issues, and will likely provide you with a less crash-filled MWO experience. ^_^

On other notes, I've identified two serious bugs in the latest patch, one of which has been ongoing for months until I decided to catch it. Here's some links to the Bug Reports that I've posted in order to have the issues fixed...

New with 1.4.85 -- http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238449-owned-cockpit-item-bug-list-of-owned-items-does-not-remain-fully-visible/

Ongoing Problem -- http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238435-critical-gameplay-control-bug-10-throttle-doesnt-move-the-mech-2nd-edition/

...and I'm hoping that PGI's Developers will notice the reports and repair these soon. Hopefully the rest of you would be willing to confirm these in your own Client loads, and post to the threads as well? :o

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to stay ahead of the mess..." Devnull

#192 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Terra Therma is now my Favorite map
plenty of places to hide and ambush, plenty of places to take cover.
battles will seem to be different every time, but guessing with the linear thinkers it'll end up becoming . . well . . linear and boring like the other maps, time will tell Posted Image

yeah . . my go to vote now, will always be Terra Therma

#193 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 19 October 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Terra Therma is now my Favorite map
plenty of places to hide and ambush, plenty of places to take cover.
battles will seem to be different every time, but guessing with the linear thinkers it'll end up becoming . . well . . linear and boring like the other maps, time will tell Posted Image

yeah . . my go to vote now, will always be Terra Therma

Agreed, it's tied with Frozen City as my top favorite map now.... have to flip a coin when they both are up :)

Unfortunately last night probably 6 out of 10 drops on Terra saw everyone run to the same exact spot and trade until dead.... and a terrible spot at that, over near Epsilon cap point.

*sigh* Hopefully it shifts to more random battlesites.

#194 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostMorggo, on 19 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Agreed, it's tied with Frozen City as my top favorite map now.... have to flip a coin when they both are up Posted Image

Unfortunately last night probably 6 out of 10 drops on Terra saw everyone run to the same exact spot and trade until dead.... and a terrible spot at that, over near Epsilon cap point.

yeaH, I'm seeing it already going that way
H7& G7
though, the players can change that by just going to another grid

#195 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 18 October 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

Ironically, one of these nerfs can provide an indirect help to the KDK-3...at least in FW. The jager DD was my primary wave 1 mech for a good deal of the time I was IS, precisely because of its dakka ability. It can push out a lot of damage quickly at 720 meters even. It was my kodiak-killer and while it wasn't nearly as good against smaller, quicker mechs it worked well in wave 1 due to the abundance of KDK-3's being dropped first. So, while it is still good it that role (post-nerf. Hey it's still -20%), more jams make it less effective at hosing down those KDK-3's. I don't want to make more out of it than one should.. just noting that jager DD has been an effective mech particularly vs. clan assaults... not so effective that I would have expected a nerf though

Ditto, I used it for exactly the same purpose. Irony is the Night Gyr I find more effective and it doesn't even get the UAC jam quirks but can bypass the issue by running 4 UAC's.

#196 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

View Post50 50, on 18 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

So?
The numbers are so miniscule what difference is it really going to make?
This is more a tweak based on some stats we don't have access to, so, why worry.

Being polite but if you do the maths over jam chances its not insignificant and yes we do have the stats. ;)

View PostMorggo, on 19 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Agreed, it's tied with Frozen City as my top favorite map now.... have to flip a coin when they both are up Posted Image

Curious what you particularly like about the new Frozen City?

#197 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

View PostAramuside, on 21 October 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

....Curious what you particularly like about the new Frozen City?

Number of things I suppose (and I do know I am probably one in a hundred that seem to like it, but I'm okay with that :) )

Size for one, I'm not of the more common camp of "I want teeny tiny forced brawling maps" you read often concerning Frozen. Not that it's a bad view, just not mine.

Cover. I find there is far, far more cover and options on the new map. multiple city areas with more buildings, etc. I tend toward more mobile mechs when I'm not in my 'Phracts and MAD's so I have tons of room to run, zoom, boom, snipe...

...Which brings me to another big plus for me... the map has plenty of options to cover the whole engagement range. My drops in T3 typically see LRM and Sniping for the first few minutes, then you start to see the range close and more medium pick ups, and it nearly always ends in a nice, cozy brawl to wrap up. I like the tactical variety you can see in a single match.

I can probably keep going, but overall, yeah lots in the map design that I like. Statistical data also back my personal experience in that the old Frozen it was statistically my absolute worst map. Had better stats on old Terra! Soon as the new Frozen hit, it quickly became one of my best maps for performance across chassis. Now, that said, everyone has different play styles so mileage may vary.

Softer inidicators not backed by data.. I just like the map and it 'feels' fun so yeah, I'm that dork that always votes Frozen until I've got that 9 or 10 multiplier and drag the rest of you there :)

*shrugs* Each their own, many jump on Canyon and say it's best. Personally, I cringe every time it is picked, etc.

Hope that helps, if not ignore me for mindless rambling! ;)

#198 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 October 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Bug. The Hand Actuator is in the Loadout, but the model itself is not present. We've filed it for a fix; not sure if we're looking at a hot-fix just yet.

I qualified for the Stalker, I had the collector packs for the Marauder and Bushwacker in the timeframe. just wondering why it's showing me as not having done so.

#199 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:23 AM

View PostMorggo, on 21 October 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Number of things I suppose (and I do know I am probably one in a hundred that seem to like it, but I'm okay with that Posted Image )

Size for one, I'm not of the more common camp of "I want teeny tiny forced brawling maps" you read often concerning Frozen. Not that it's a bad view, just not mine.

Cover. I find there is far, far more cover and options on the new map. multiple city areas with more buildings, etc. I tend toward more mobile mechs when I'm not in my 'Phracts and MAD's so I have tons of room to run, zoom, boom, snipe...

...Which brings me to another big plus for me... the map has plenty of options to cover the whole engagement range. My drops in T3 typically see LRM and Sniping for the first few minutes, then you start to see the range close and more medium pick ups, and it nearly always ends in a nice, cozy brawl to wrap up. I like the tactical variety you can see in a single match.

I can probably keep going, but overall, yeah lots in the map design that I like. Statistical data also back my personal experience in that the old Frozen it was statistically my absolute worst map. Had better stats on old Terra! Soon as the new Frozen hit, it quickly became one of my best maps for performance across chassis. Now, that said, everyone has different play styles so mileage may vary.

Softer inidicators not backed by data.. I just like the map and it 'feels' fun so yeah, I'm that dork that always votes Frozen until I've got that 9 or 10 multiplier and drag the rest of you there Posted Image

*shrugs* Each their own, many jump on Canyon and say it's best. Personally, I cringe every time it is picked, etc.

Hope that helps, if not ignore me for mindless rambling! Posted Image

It did - much appreciated. I went the other way as it was my brawler map and highest achieving one by far. I rarely play snipers so quite often I find myself sitting in cover on the new version waiting for one side to do something, anything, please god do it for the children! ;)

That said I can see if you're running erll, cLPL. gauss etc or a fast, mobile, small size mech that can control engagement range its great.

#200 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

Unit Chat: Fixed an issue where players who are logging in would trigger a "Player has joined the Unit" text alert.

Nope. Had this right now. So it isn't fixed. It is not a big bug, but just wanted to inform you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users