- - - - -

Raven Or Jenner For Is Drop Deck?

3 replies to this topic

#1 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:18 AM

Hi
Not sure if this belongs in the Faction play forum or here.
I'm building up my IS drop deck (been playing clan since I started) for Faction play.
My deck is so far:
Battlemaster 2C
Battlemaster 1G
Blackjack (not sure which variant)

Which leaves me 35 tons. Which would be better for faction play, a Raven or Jenner?
A Raven can have ECM which would help the team with ECM cover, whereas an Oxide (for example) would help for damage dealing.

Almost mastered the battlemaster, will start on the blackjack next, then one of the 35 tonners.

Thanks!

#2 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:48 AM

I'd personally take a Spider, but I might be biased Posted Image

Raven v. Jenner, it really depends on what you want. To preface, I've only played a bunch with the Spider for IS lights, I've experimented with the Jenner. The Jenner lends itself to short range harassment and intercepting other fast-movers, whereas the Raven is geared more towards team support and long range engagements (build be willing.) This is my perception of how they seem to be tuned for I know I've seen both in mixed roles, but as to what makes them truly shine I may be blinded.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

Raven is a good CW choice for range poking. 4X with XL255, 1JJ, 2LPL, 3L with XL285, ECM, 2ERLL or 2X with XL245 and 3LL are all good CW choices. IS Jenners are in kindof a bad place and not a great fit for CW IMO.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Totaly depends on what you want it to do, Jenner for harasser, Raven for sniper or team support, if you want as much firepower as possible take the Firestarter, if scouting is high on your list of priorities consider the Spider or Locust.

You do not have to bring max tonage and drop weight can change, there is even a (slim) chance we could end up with diferant planets having different tonnage limits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users