1 reply to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

I have always had steam. But before steam got MWO I was just using the original client to run MWO. And I want to go back to using that but dont know how. I have tried uninstalling MWO from steam and redownloading it but steam just picked it up again and I cant seem to push the two apart. It may seem odd but it felt like the game ran better when I didn't use steam. Is there any way to do this? I just want to go back to using the original client.

Also I'm definitely not a new player but how the heck do you post a screen shot or a video on the forums?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

HOW are you redownloading the game? Are you downloading the standalone client from the Blue Download section in the upper right of this forum?

The standalone client is simply the launchpad/patcher itself + RepairTool.exe, everything else is the same. You can launch MWO from Steam then close down Steam.

You can also bypass the Steam/Standalone launchpad and go directly to the log in screen, simply need to create a new shortcut.

One other thing to consider is before Steam, you may have been running the game in 32bit mode instead of 64bit mode then PGI removed the forced 32bit selection, and now the only way to run 32bit on a 64bit system/os is to bypass the launchpad.

Below is the thread where it is noted how to bypass the launchpad and run it in 32bit mode.
http://mwomercs.com/...client-missing/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 19 October 2016 - 03:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users