63 replies to this topic

#41 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:21 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

too bad u couldnt show it in game ... member? you were the worst on our team...

Even if so... he had one bad game. Your season 1 stats are absymal. 0.85 w/l, 0.69 k/d on 204 matchscore over 712 (!) matches played. While he might had a bad match, your stats show you pretty much only have bad matches. With the numbers you (fail to) deliver, you are really not in the position to talk down on anyone.

#42 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

your just a newbie who thinsk stat;s account for anything. please tell me what these stats account for?

what do stat's account for in the first place, please anser that first.

im pretty sure my hundred hours of narc play account for nothing , but anvil's hours of cheese play accounts for everything?

ethier way is doesnt account for anvil being the shitiest player in our last game, even tho he was playing easy build and still failed, wether i have a ****** record or not.

but this is what anvil wants, he just wants to be mention'd by others, its not like hes ever gonna play good in game.

Edited by bLeeat, 21 October 2016 - 02:34 AM.

#43 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:09 AM

your just a newbie who thinsk stat;s account for anything. please tell me what these stats account for?
what do stat's account for in the first place, please anser that first.

Your stats show your inability to carry your own weight over the course of 712 matches played in season 1. Stats don't illustrate an accurate picture of a persons skill, but they show a general trend. And yours show that teams with you on them lost more than they won, while you died more than you killed, which indicates you didn't carry your own weight.

im pretty sure my hundred hours of narc play account for nothing , but anvil's hours of cheese play accounts for everything?

Your hundred hours of narc play didn't led to your teams winning more than they lost, while his "hours of cheese play" did (though i have to admit i don't know how much he plays solo/group).

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

ethier way is doesnt account for anvil being the shitiest player in our last game, even tho he was playing easy build and still failed, wether i have a ****** record or not.

but this is what anvil wants, he just wants to be mention'd by others, its not like hes ever gonna play good in game.

And how does his performance in ONE match is in any way related to the fact whether or not he " ever gonna play good in game"? His stats show he performes well above average over the course of many matches. A single match proves literally nothing. zero. nilch. nada.

And considering your question... i don't know if he got "kicked out of noob clan NS". Quite frankly, i didn't even know he was in NS as we never played together in groups. I just came here, saw the bantering between you two and checked whose stats back up the talk. Turned out yours didn't while his did, so i mentioned it.

#44 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:17 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 21 October 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

Your stats show your inability to carry your own weight over the course of 712 matches played in season 1. Stats don't illustrate an accurate picture of a persons skill, but they show a general trend. And yours show that teams with you on them lost more than they won, while you died more than you killed, which indicates you didn't carry your own weight.

Your hundred hours of narc play didn't led to your teams winning more than they lost, while his "hours of cheese play" did (though i have to admit i don't know how much he plays solo/group).

And how does his performance in ONE match is in any way related to the fact whether or not he " ever gonna play good in game"? His stats show he performes well above average over the course of many matches. A single match proves literally nothing. zero. nilch. nada.

And considering your question... i don't know if he got "kicked out of noob clan NS". Quite frankly, i didn't even know he was in NS as we never played together in groups. I just came here, saw the bantering between you two and checked whose stats back up the talk. Turned out yours didn't while his did, so i mentioned it.

when were my stats or anything ever in question? and when was i even talking to you or anvil in the first place?

my initial comment was towards mcgral was it not? so ask yourself how you even got in this.

and again, vorpal didnt even deny playing bad in our last game , so whats the argument here lol? my stats? show me who else got as many hours with narc as i do.

and tbh you expect me to belive you dont know who he is after you white knight for him this hard for no reason,for a total stranger? .... hahaha... you must be as silly as ur logic...

i write a comment about mcgral , then i get vorpal, the usual white knight on these forums, who even agrees he did bad in our last game, then i get another random noob "meteorol" talking about my stats lol. its one white knight after white knight after white knight hahahaha.... sorry scrub stats mean nothing to me , in game play matters more.

Edited by bLeeat, 21 October 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#45 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

when were my stats or anything ever in question? and when was i even talking to you or anvil in the first place?

my initial comment was towards mcgral was it not? so ask yourself how you even got in this.

I got into this by seeing you were talking utter trash, so i decided to post. This is an internet forum you know? People can post on whatever they want as long as it's within the forum rules. Just like you completely off topic made a comment towards Mcral, i made a comment towards you. See a pattern there?

Your stats came into play when you called him a scrub. See:

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

you were the worst player on our team, all you do is play easy builds and make a lot of excuses , please show us a screen shot , other then ur babble on forums you have nothing... cuz u really bad in game.

did this scrub get kicked out of the noob clan ns?

That's were i decided to take a look into them to check whether you can actually back up calling anyone a scrub. It turned out you can't, because you are a baddy.

and tbh you expect me to belive you dont know who he is after you white knight for him this hard for no reason,for a total stranger? .... hahaha... you must be as silly as ur logic...

I don't "white knight" (whatever that may be) for him, i'm just pointing out you are talking trash without being able to back it up. You can indeed switch out Vorpal for anyone else playing this game. He's just a surrogate that could have been anyone. You brabbled senseless gibberish. I called you out on it. The person you directed the gibberish against absolutely doesn't matter for me. The reason for me posting was your gibberish, not the fact it was directed at Vorpal.

sorry scrub stats mean nothing to me , in game play matters more.

And your stats show your in game play is bad. You are a terribad. In game. Sorry.

#46 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:19 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 21 October 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

I got into this by seeing you were talking utter trash, so i decided to post. This is an internet forum you know? People can post on whatever they want as long as it's within the forum rules. Just like you completely off topic made a comment towards Mcral, i made a comment towards you. See a pattern there?

Your stats came into play when you called him a scrub. See:

That's were i decided to take a look into them to check whether you can actually back up calling anyone a scrub. It turned out you can't, because you are a baddy.

I don't "white knight" (whatever that may be) for him, i'm just pointing out you are talking trash without being able to back it up. You can indeed switch out Vorpal for anyone else playing this game. He's just a surrogate that could have been anyone. You brabbled senseless gibberish. I called you out on it. The person you directed the gibberish against absolutely doesn't matter for me. The reason for me posting was your gibberish, not the fact it was directed at Vorpal.

And your stats show your in game play is bad. You are a terribad. In game. Sorry.

talking trash ? vorpal even agreed he played bad lol , so he confirmed what i said. so whats the argument now?

i could careless about my stats,plz pwn me in game.

Edited by bLeeat, 21 October 2016 - 04:19 AM.

#47 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

buhahah but what made you change your tune? a couple of months ago u were boasting about how op you are with the kodiak.

now you denounce it? whats changed? seeing that anybody can be good with it?

ur fanboys are now praising you for things they were hating me for saying , not even too long ago .

its just funny how fast things change.

I'm not sure you understand

The Kodiak 3 has always been the best mech in the game, but some have Potato tier matches in them

I'm going to use it because it can take high mounted Dual Gauss with a large TC, or Dakka

I never said it wasn't the best mech in the game

However, not every Potato can do well with it.
Just as the GodQuirk cheetah was fun, the SupaHunchDakkaBear was fun...if outrageously OP
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=4nS6sPGFMK0

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

i could careless about my stats,plz pwn me in game.

Everyone in this thread can do just that

#48 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:30 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

talking trash ? vorpal even agreed he played bad lol , so he confirmed what i said. so whats the argument now?

Are you... dense?

He confirmed he played bad in a single game. A single one. After which you called him a scrub. That is literally what you did. The term scrub is in no way related to a single match. You accused him of being bad. Which he clearly isn't. What in gods name should this be but talking trash?

Seriously, are you hard of understanding? dim? Is your receptivity really that low?

#49 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:34 AM

You guys should really take this to somewhere more private now.

#50 Black Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

View PostThe Lobsters, on 21 October 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

You guys should really take this to somewhere more private now.

Male egos at work. I don't know, it is kinda cute... and entertaining. :)

Edited by Black Phoebe, 21 October 2016 - 04:57 AM.

#51 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

Faction Warfare CW is on it's last legs, this is in part P.G.I's fault for making a dull virtually non persistent universe after claiming it would be so complex, and great, another part is the dull lets kill the gun that stops the invasion.

Another part was again P.G.I adding an instant kill gun, 'that will be an exciting addition' which drove away most of the casual players.

Third part was the whining of the solo players, P.G.I went a long way to make the campaign game available to solo players which other game designers don't do, and the solo players cried until P.G.I wasted months of development time and money making a solo drop version, at the detriment of the whole mode, which was ignored by the people that whined, and in less than a month was cancelled.

The general population has taken a hit, partly due to the age of the game and frustration with P.G.I development speed, but see above, and see last years wasted development time on a new targeting system that people whined about so much it was dropped. people ignore the amount of money and time wasted by PGI because of whiny community members, when they criticise P.G.I

The other reason is burn out of many of the better players because PGI were stupid and didn't limit the participation to their E-sport fiasco, yet another thing a certain element of the community cried out for, so the number of games you had to play was insanely high leading to many to quit or just take a very long time off.

This has impacted the Match maker badly and quality games are few and far between.

Hit reg has improved, it's still got a way to go,and it will never be perfect, but it is better than it was a year ago, though people still try and blame it for being terrible shots.

The balance has been mostly good, but PGI insist on introducing mechs that people want, which then go and break the balance, they worked so hard to get as right as they were likely to get it.

The resizing of mechs was less than popular, again this was wanted by the community, and then when they got it they cried you suck PGI, because nearly all chicken walkers got shorter and nearly all humanoids got taller.

It has made playing any light but the Arctic Cheetah, and the Locust an act of pain at the top tier, because they are easier targets, yet people still try hard to get the locust nerfed out of use as well, so because its a bad idea, PGI might well do it.

P.G.I are still clueless about how to quirk mechs, the system they developed, the dart board or cow chip dropped in a square method are still the most believed methods, and frankly the most likely, because they don't nerf mechs that need it. Yet nerf mechs that are weaker, and need help.

We hope that this is due to the new ED system. It's a system that most people had high hopes for but now most people are against because as usual PGI nerf and buff weapons to try make it work, while totally refusing to touch the base line it's built around, a thing a lot of people have been suggesting, asking, demanding, and begging for since Closed beta.

As usual PGI ignore the simple fixes for an over complex, convoluted system of DUH.

Come back and join us, the water is lovely Posted Image

Edited by Cathy, 21 October 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#52 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

How is NS involved? Did I miss something?

Did I not tryhard enough? Is my Light W-L/K-D ratio out of whack? Did I touch someone's paperdoll in an ACH the wrong way?

I'm feeling lost and afraid?

**cries in a corner**

#53 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

these scrubs have nothing for me tho, in or out of game, no worries here.

notice how mcgral cant answer me , and has to hide behind this scrubs non sense

*posting in 'How's the game life' thread

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 21 October 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

these scrubs have nothing for me tho, in or out of game, no worries here.

notice how mcgral cant answer me , and has to hide behind this scrubs non sense

lol

#55 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostGaden Phoenix, on 20 October 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

That is what I don't get. If game is a mismatch for player. And if after what 3+ years, PGI does not seem to be changing game towards what they prefer. At this point, why continue to rage?

Would not just leaving and enjoying something else, be more conducive to health, time and enjoyment? That was what I did 2 years plus ago.

MW cannot be the only thing in a player's life they enjoy.... Can it?

I'm sure they can live without MW but people usually complain and moan when they care about something/are passionate about it and want to see it improve. When those people become silent and apathetic, that's when you should worry. I'd be curious to see stats (not that it's possible) on how many players this game has retained from people who never had an idea of this franchise existing before playing MWO. I'd bet that the people who came here for BT/MW outweighs the amount of people who are new to the franchise.

#56 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 21 October 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'd bet that the people who came here for BT/MW outweighs the amount of people who are new to the franchise.

IDK...on the forums you're probably right. In game? Nah....lot's of these bittervets don't even play anymore. Heck, some of them average 80 POSTS a day. Even when I totally blow my work off and post from my cubicle I can't do that much.

Then again...it's not hard to post "This Sucks" "Russ Sucks" and "But years ago...that was what we wanted" over and over again.

I'd bet a good portion of the Steam players have no idea about BT and the lore....they came for the fish.

Plastic Guru

#57 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 21 October 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

IDK...on the forums you're probably right. In game? Nah....lot's of these bittervets don't even play anymore. Heck, some of them average 80 POSTS a day. Even when I totally blow my work off and post from my cubicle I can't do that much.

Then again...it's not hard to post "This Sucks" "Russ Sucks" and "But years ago...that was what we wanted" over and over again.

I'd bet a good portion of the Steam players have no idea about BT and the lore....they came for the fish.

Plastic Guru

I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but have you even checked the leaderboards lately to verify these claims?

Just checking.

#58 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 21 October 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Plastic Guru

Haven't personally verified Steam stats as I don't use their client but someone pointed out there's about an average of 1000 monthly users on Steam or something.

You think there's less than 1000 active Founders playing?

Also, you don't think part of those active Steam users overlap with the active Founders?

If Steam users are the only ones keeping this game afloat, then the game may really be in trouble but I'm no F2P expert.

#59 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Well, I think the game has improved since the past couple of years. I still have lots of fun with it. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't having fun. But I'm still going to criticize Russ and co. for the mind-numbingly stupid decisions they are constantly making, even if I am still having fun.

Edited by Mole, 21 October 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#60 Pharmb0y

• Pip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hey all, this is why new guys like myself, who played MW and MW-2 back in the day, find this place (Yay, Mechwarrior with other people!!) and then have a little trouble enjoying themselves, because there are a lot of people itching and moaning about things instead of trying to have a good time. I wait several minutes to get into matches (where, yes, I usually stink up the place) and often spend half of my chat time telling to guys to lay off each other and stop yelling about who's the bigger idiot or which of us is the bigger idiot, and to just have some fun or maybe next time try calling the drop and sharing their infinite wisdom with the rest of us. It's hard to learn strategy and tactics from people who call me an idiot or an a hole or whatever else I've been called so far. Myself, so far I've enjoyed the maps, the quick play, and wish that CW was better populated because it's been a lot of fun as well. Maybe I don't take it as seriously as some of you guys, I'm not a battle tech geek etc. but the fun factor is still there in spite of a lot of the griping and fighting going on even in discussions like this. Hope the game stays alive just because I like to play it, if for no other reason ("Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy").

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users