6 replies to this topic

#1 Smiling Warhead

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

Good day everyone!

I wonder if it is possible to get info about my current mech info such as armor and module damage, amount of ammo,lance status and map on other devices or monitors separately from main game screen. For example i have a spare tablet PC or another monitor and want it to show me the map or my current damage status. Is that possible at all? Thaks in advance for answers!

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

Not sure what you are asking. Is it that you want to display in game data regarding your mech on a separate computer than the one you are playing on? If that is the question, then no that is not possible.

#3 Smiling Warhead

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:23 AM

Thanks. Too bad though =(

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:41 AM

If you use 3-screen setup, you will have some distorted side-views (fish eye effect) but also the HUD elements are moved to the side, so you "can" get the damage readout and lance list to your left/right screen (on the Same computer, running something like NVidia Surround View).

But I would not advice to do this, as you need every detail you can get as fast as possible ingame.
That means you don't have time to move your head to look at another screen.
And the performance is heavily impacted with multi-screen mode. (I drop from 60fps to below 30fps usually)

If it would be possible to have the Battlegrid constantly open on another screen, that would be a huge advantage to people with multiple screens, so this is very unlikely to be possible even in the future. (it would be cool, but unfair)

Edited by Reno Blade, 21 October 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#5 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 October 2016 - 05:20 AM, said:

Not sure what you are asking. Is it that you want to display in game data regarding your mech on a separate computer than the one you are playing on? If that is the question, then no that is not possible.

I think he wants something like this:

Its too bad mwo doesnt offer the ability to do things like this... Because i would love to have an extra screen dedicated for the large map

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:40 PM

You can split MWO on three screens. Paul inyuoe (developer) has this setup and so do several others there.

What our new player is asking however, is could MWO's HUD info be displayed on other screens such as Android tablets and smart phones akin to Fallout 4 and other next gen games.

Alternatively if the info could be displayed on the monitors in the cockpit.

The prior is possible but you'd have to write the program yourself and it would need to read XML files as well as data packets from the game. I would expect lag, too.

The other is only possible if PGI stops being lazy about cockpit screens.

#7 Smiling Warhead

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 October 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

You can split MWO on three screens. Paul inyuoe (developer) has this setup and so do several others there.

What our new player is asking however, is could MWO's HUD info be displayed on other screens such as Android tablets and smart phones akin to Fallout 4 and other next gen games.

Alternatively if the info could be displayed on the monitors in the cockpit.

The prior is possible but you'd have to write the program yourself and it would need to read XML files as well as data packets from the game. I would expect lag, too.

The other is only possible if PGI stops being lazy about cockpit screens.

I had some experience with 3rd party software sending data to my android device with current game map in Warthunder. I thought maybe some kind of similar soft could exust for MWO too. So just asking =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users