5 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

As title says, I switch mechs and it says invalid (nice of the message to not tell me what's wrong). I stripped it clean (all weapons, ammo, engine, heatsinks, when I say all I mean ALL). Still alerted. Put a STD 140 engine and heatsinks to clear that alert in in case engine max had changed. Nothing. Tried to launch in case was just a UI glitch. Nope.

Anyone know what the issue is?

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

Hard to say. Check the upper right corner of the mechlab tab. It should have icons indicating why the build is invalid. Clicking the icon will give a description. If that doesn't help, I'd say bug.

#3 Haacknslay

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

PGI made a mistake with his Right Side Torso accidently having two armour to much, just remove two armor there or strip all armor save and then rebuild and u should be fine.

http://mwomercs.com/...d-for-20oct2016

Edited by Haacknslay, 22 October 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

So both side torsos say 44 armor max. Left torso is 31/13 currently and Right torso is 27/13 with 4 remaining. But dropping from 31 to 27 fixed the alert.

And even weirder, dropping it from 31 to 27 cleared the alert and then I could run it back to 31 with no problems.

Thanks for the reminder but I would swear that I'd run it since the patch....

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 22 October 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

And even weirder, dropping it from 31 to 27 cleared the alert and then I could run it back to 31 with no problems.

Yes, I had similiar config. No extra armor but I still needed to reduce it to clear the error. I guess the game client also counts "remaining" armor as unit and when the sum of used+remaining is too much, it's an error. It can't fix it on the fly from reducing the remaining value.

#6 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostHaacknslay, on 22 October 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

PGI made a mistake with his Right Side Torso accidently having two armour to much, just remove two armor there or strip all armor save and then rebuild and u should be fine.

http://mwomercs.com/...d-for-20oct2016

Ah, so that's what was going on. Had the same issue and had fixed it myself after stripping the mech not only of equipment but also of armor, but it's always nice to know the underlying cause was not something that could pop-up with other mechs and so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users