Make Uac Great Again

1 reply to this topic

#1 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

A change to how UAC works, to replace the random jam dice roll, that is both similar to how other bigger games handle automatic weapons AND more lore friendly to how UAC function.

How it would work:

Whenever you double tap a uac, a bar (That can literally be a code copy paste of the masc bar with different graphic and sound) builds up.

This is an overheat and vibration bar, and the part that is not red is considered the area in which your heatsinks and gyro can compensate for the uac's massive damage output.

This bar cools down when you're not double tapping a UAC, and as long as you don't get into the red, you can literally fire uac for days.

Smaller calibers increase the bar slower, so double tapping a UAC/2 is a far far less of a deal than double tapping a UAC/20. Multiple UAC stack to the bar, however, so double tapping six UAC/2 might be about comparable to double tapping a UAC/10.

HOWEVER, getting into the red, much like with masc, can cause damage to where the weapons are mounted. IT also gradually increases the minute of fire the deeper into the red you go increasing the spread, so while you can definitely go into the red to defend yourself at close you probably don't want to do it for ranged fire.

While in critical, you can do fantastic things like: Cause internal structure damage from vibration, cause damage directly to the weapon, damage actuators, and in extreme cases the rounds in the chamber might cook off causing a very minor (compared to a full bin) ammo explosion.

Of course, if this is implemented, then many of the pre existing bandaids to UAC might not be necessary and they can be safely removed.

#2 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Maybe it is just me, but the clan UAC seem to be doing way more damage than would seem possible, and with a very low jam chance. I have a dire with 4 UAC2 and one UAC5 and it seems to melt armor at an insane rate compared to a 4 IS UAC5 build I have. The clam build (in theory) is doing 13pts a pull while the IS build is doing 20pts. I am not sure if it is the reload rate, or if the actual individual clan shells (as there are multiple) don't have the damage set properly, but something seems off.

Is it possible for the PGI dev team to look into this just for verification purposes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users