Mix And Match Camo Patterns

No replies to this topic

#1 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

So with the recent, and I would say successful, implementation of decals, I think PGI should revisit their model for releasing camo patterns. It's been several months (more than a year?) since the last non-hero/special camo pattern -- understandable, since they're releasing new mechs and have to play catch-up with the old camo patterns.

Additionally, I find myself uninterested in most of the current offering of camo patterns. Some are unflattering on certain chassis, some I can't take seriously for use on a war machine, and often attempting to equip a set of mechs with the same camo results in inconsistencies. Basically, even a small issue with a camo pattern can prevent me from considering it for purchase.

What I'd like to see, and what I think might make camo development and marketing easier for PGI, is to divide future camo patterns into sets: arms, torso, legs. In the same vein as decals, each segment could have 3 separate color channels, or unified if that's not possible.

This means even just a few sets for camo could produce dozens of possible combinations. Players would have more options for less work on PGI's part. By making the intent to mix and match, it would also ease the burden on PGI to release 20+ camo patterns for every new chassis. Hopefully a system like this would be to the benefit of everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users