Hero Executioner - Exe-R "reaper"

17 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

EXE-R "REAPER"

Spoiler

I actually really really really liked Executioner, that MASC and JJ is really really really helpful. While very other assaults are clunky, Executioner is not, and with it's humanoid shape along with torso bonus, torso-twisting and arm-shielding is quite easy. http://mwomercs.com/...or-executioner/

But, if i were to make it, i'd have a different set of hardpoints. There's no quirks other than the standard EXE quirks.

The equipment however is different. 6x MG for the right arm allows a flurry of criticals, 6x ERSL for close-range brawling upon the right-torso, left-torso and left-arm, ECM at the left-arm, and finally two ER-PPCs at the LT and RT for sniping.

Any thoughts?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 23 October 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

#3 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c5682371d33d7e0

He brought machine guns to a laser fight. LMAO

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

There's pretty much very few instances that having 6MGs on an Assault's arm is the most productive thing in the game.

This still isn't it.

#5 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:43 AM

MGs are OP. We can't have a mech with more MGs.

Paul is still recovering from his nightmare, were a ominous 30 tonner had 6 MGs equipped. We can't have more people getting traumas like that.

#6 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

#7 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image

#8 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

Not every hero mech needs ECM, especially a mech as good as the EXE.

And this is the last time i visit one of these threads.

#9 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

Every one of your hero mech threads that I've clicked onto has been terrible.

This one is at least hilarious, though. Drop the ECM, because that's just making a pay-to-win omnipod. That done, the six-MG Executioner would be the natural enemy of the six-MG Spider.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

8 ballistic points wasted by being all in one omnipod. lol.

not that the exe is any good at boating ballistics, its pretty much a gargles + masc + a few more tons of pod space. im looking forward to 8 ballistic dires, mine is preordered.

#11 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

This is actually excessively pay to win compared to other Executioners.

You have added an extra high mounted hardpoint, allowing the Exe to run a powerful high mounted laser alpha. You also now have 2 energy on either side, so now people can have a heavy ballistic such as gauss in one side and still have 2 large pulse lasers in the other.

In the arms you've turned the arm that usually could only hold up to 3 energy into an arm that holds 4 and has ECM, putting it far above the others. The machine gun arm, while not offering much other than a joke, can be swapped out easily for the 7 energy arm pod.

With pods like that you could have an executioner running 40+ damage alpha strikes in just the high mounts alone and still using the MASC. Brawlers would have more options and could do a symmetrical 12 small pulse laser build, removing the current issue of most weapons being in one side.

I'd support the release of these pods only if they were not pay walled.

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 October 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

This is actually excessively pay to win compared to other Executioners.

You have added an extra high mounted hardpoint, allowing the Exe to run a powerful high mounted laser alpha. You also now have 2 energy on either side, so now people can have a heavy ballistic such as gauss in one side and still have 2 large pulse lasers in the other.

In the arms you've turned the arm that usually could only hold up to 3 energy into an arm that holds 4 and has ECM, putting it far above the others. The machine gun arm, while not offering much other than a joke, can be swapped out easily for the 7 energy arm pod.

With pods like that you could have an executioner running 40+ damage alpha strikes in just the high mounts alone and still using the MASC. Brawlers would have more options and could do a symmetrical 12 small pulse laser build, removing the current issue of most weapons being in one side.

I'd support the release of these pods only if they were not pay walled.

Well, I'm sorry that's hero mechs for you, it allows unique builds, but they are not part of the established lore of Battletech, unless PGI is willing.

#13 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Most grossly, ridiculous pay to win suggestion I've seen on these forums, in a long time.

Get a grip.

#14 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

8 ballistics is completely ridiculous.

Also just stop using machine guns until they actually make them good.

#15 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

Add four moar machine guns then it be better than the 6mg spider then i'll buy.

#16 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 October 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Well, I'm sorry that's hero mechs for you, it allows unique builds, but they are not part of the established lore of Battletech, unless PGI is willing.

PGI has already made many variants that aren't in the lore. Just look at the reinforcement mechs given from the Supernova pack. They made the hero pay to win, but left the 2 reinforcement variants as copies of the prime variant with the hardpoints moved around a little. They could have used their creative freedom on those variants to give something interesting that would eventually be out for any player, but instead they locked the best variant behind a paywall.

Its something that has to stop soon. The only thing PGI really had to hold onto was that their game wasn't pay 2 win and that heros were unique, but not the best variant. When heroes started they made them all very weak then had a period of time when they were rather equal to the other variants, but then more and more ended up being far too powerful.

They could go and make heroes have a custom pattern and cbill boost, but then have a free variant that doesn't give the cbill boost or custom pattern and they could even double its cbill cost. Just don't start P2W, PGI will lose its last supporters who argue in favor of it.

#17 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

I would run a 10 MG mech, for teh lulz

Either 3 LPLs, or 2 LPL 2MPL
5 tons of ammo should last a small amount of time

#18 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:09 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 October 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

PGI has already made many variants that aren't in the lore. Just look at the reinforcement mechs given from the Supernova pack. They made the hero pay to win, but left the 2 reinforcement variants as copies of the prime variant with the hardpoints moved around a little. They could have used their creative freedom on those variants to give something interesting that would eventually be out for any player, but instead they locked the best variant behind a paywall.

Its something that has to stop soon. The only thing PGI really had to hold onto was that their game wasn't pay 2 win and that heros were unique, but not the best variant. When heroes started they made them all very weak then had a period of time when they were rather equal to the other variants, but then more and more ended up being far too powerful.

They could go and make heroes have a custom pattern and cbill boost, but then have a free variant that doesn't give the cbill boost or custom pattern and they could even double its cbill cost. Just don't start P2W, PGI will lose its last supporters who argue in favor of it.

Sure i guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users