Multichoice Energy Draw Poll

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Multiple Choice Energy Draw Poll. (151 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think PGI should implement an energy system?

1. Whats an energy draw system? (3 votes [1.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.99%

2. Yes with small changes to energy draw. (20 votes [13.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.25%

3. Yes with big changes changes to energy draw.. (12 votes [7.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

4. Only if you remove ghost heat. (10 votes [6.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.62%

5. No the current system just needs tweeked. (31 votes [20.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.53%

6. Remove ghost heat, do not add energy draw and balance the weapons and mechs. (61 votes [40.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.40%

7. Leave the game exactly as it is now. (6 votes [3.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.97%

8. Energy draw is a terrible idea that needs killed. (3 votes [1.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.99%

9. This poll triggered me. (5 votes [3.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

Do you think they need to keep working on the energy draw system? Do you think its a terrible and they should move on? Do you have a better idea? What do you think.

I can add more options if needed.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 24 October 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#2 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

Ghost heat has big loop holes, energy draw closes those loopholes. Now people can't meta OP gg close get recked like they used too and battles are more tactical and fun. Whats the problem?

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

View PostSable, on 23 October 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Ghost heat has big loop holes, energy draw closes those loopholes. Now people can't meta OP gg close get recked like they used too and battles are more tactical and fun. Whats the problem?

Dude.. the fail in this post is unfathomable. Because there is no meta when you change game mechanics right? You think that Energy Draw will magically have no loadouts that are clearly better than others? If you do, I pity you. I also love how are saying that battles are more tactical and fun talking about 4v4 matches with people trying out different loadouts.

Literally this is why we can't have nice things.

Also, the use of loopholes in ghost heat is arbitrary. The "loopholes" were part of ghost heat by design, so they aren't loopholes.

Its just incredibly frustrating to have an argument be so misrepresented. Nobody is worried about "meta OP gg close get recked", because that isn't going anywhere. They are worried about the loss of variety brought on by Energy Draw, and the game being less fun in general.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 23 October 2016 - 06:13 PM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

I don't see why "don't bother with energy draw" isn't an option, but whatever.

#5 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Would that not fit under this "No the current system just needs tweeked." I can add more if needed.

#6 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

Where is my no option? You act like I didn't have a yes option in my poll. Sorry but I can't vote here because you're telling me to pick my favorite color of apple when I don't even like apples.

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 23 October 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Would that not fit under this "No the current system just needs tweeked." I can add more if needed.

Define the current system? Is it the current ED system or ghost heat?

#7 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

View PostImperius, on 23 October 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Where is my no option? You act like I didn't have a yes option in my poll. Sorry but I can't vote here because you're telling me to pick my favorite color of apple when I don't even like apples.

Define the current system? Is it the current ED system or ghost heat?

Because of the possibility I might have missed something I did mentioned I can add more options as needed.

The current system is the one we have now on the live server. Beyond that you can define it as you like.

What other poll option do you suggest?

#8 Nanrcil

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:43 AM

Ghost heat has loopholes and the new Energy Draw also has loopholes, the bigger one is the Gauss rifle, it needs an independent balance system.

I don't know, I like the ideia of DHS not being used in engine, just external... IMHO =)

Edited by Nanrcil, 24 October 2016 - 04:00 AM.

#9 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

There is no option to vote for "leave the game as it is"

#10 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostImperius, on 23 October 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostBattleBunny, on 24 October 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

There is no option to vote for "leave the game as it is

^this is why, the only Poll I like was Imperius' original yes or no poll! All the other polls (Like this one) are bias questions trying to mislead the voters. A poll needs to be impartial for it to have any true meaning.

#11 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

There is now

#12 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 24 October 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

^this is why, the only Poll I like was Imperius' original yes or no poll! All the other polls (Like this one) are bias questions trying to mislead the voters. A poll needs to be impartial for it to have any true meaning.

You must think people are very stupid. People can clearly figure out what they want and suggest more options as needed.

The yes no poll is pointless. More options to see more clearly what people want is much better to tell whats going on. That is assuming you want that info.

#13 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 24 October 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

There is now

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 24 October 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

You must think people are very stupid. People can clearly figure out what they want and suggest more options as needed.

The yes no poll is pointless. More options to see more clearly what people want is much better to tell whats going on. That is assuming you want that info.

People shouldnt have to suggest options to a poll in order to make it unbiased. The poll should start out impartial and fair without traps. Planting traps to ensnare your voters would imply that "You" are the the one who must think people are stupid!

#14 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

The heat system really just needs more penalties for running high heat before you even touch the 100% mark.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 24 October 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#15 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

energy draw will be a fail just like ghost heat.

#16 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

At this point I want them to do something. What I mean is- a normal approach, as in a normal heat scale as has been used to balance battletech weapons/mechs since the beginning: It has been shot down by Russ so many times I get angry even thinking about it.

Because we will never see a normal heat scale, I want them to do something. I want a change for two reasons. First, because I am in the camp that alpha warrior is bad, as a general rule, and because they refuse to use a normal heatscale and do something about pinpoint aiming(or can't) we are basically limited to what their engineers say they can do.

Second: because this game is on the slippery slope to shutdown, people are leaving, and I myself have barely played in months now. A change, ANY change, would at least freshen up gameplay, even if it is an ill fated change. I mean, c'mon man- PGI has been shuffling weapon stats for this entire time to do just this, to appease spreadsheet warriors, to avoid actual content generation, whatever- and yet people call for more and more of the same. In my view, energy draw isn't much different, it's just a much grander weapon balance pass from Paul and Russ. Do you guys honestly think they would leave it alone after? Yeah, because they have done that time and again over the years with weapons and quirks right?

It's a grand diversion, it might buy the game a few months as people learn the new system and spreadsheet warriors will have a new toy to compile data about.
It's not nearly as good a fix as creating somthing to stop the pinpoint aiming.
It's not nearly as good a fix as making an actual heatscale.
It's what they say they can do. It's different. It's something.

I want better ideas too. Russ doesn't. Or can't. Or just won't. As Russ has stated in the past: this is the only MWO we have. It has become clear over the last few months to me, that the current state of things in MWO is not sufficient enough to hold my interest over, well, a lot of other games. I know I am not the only one. PGi needs to do something. Energy draw, like it or not, is at least something. Maybe it will ruin the game all together. Maybe not. All I know is if they do nothing, the end result is the same as ruining it for me- I will leave. At least this new mechanic has a chance to freshen the game for players like me.

#17 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 24 October 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

The heat system really just needs more penalties for running high heat before you even touch the 100% mark.

This has been brought up for YEARS now, and Russ/Paul has always just shut it out as impossible. Yo are not the first, nor the last, to make this remark. A Battletech inspired heatscale is Lostech for PGI. We can all want this, ALL of us, forever, and it will not happen.

it's like this:

You have 5000 dollars. You need a car. You have a choice between that sorta crappy minivan that will suit your needs well, or that decent looking sedan that will serve fine also. Asking for a proper heatscale is akin to standing in the car lot looking at that van and car, and peering over at the showroom at the 70k dollar SUV and hawt sport coupe next to it, and wishing you won the lottery so you could buy both of those instead. The reality is, you will never win the lottery, and you need to accept what you have and get what you can.

Energy draw is what we can get. Ghost heat is what we could get before. Quirks are what we could get in between. You, me , NOBODY will ever convince Russ of anything else. There is no heatscale lottery to win. We get what options they give us, and make do. The only thing we can do is try to give some feedback on what they have put out there on the lot for us to pick from.

Or, you can do like a lot of us, take your 5000 dollars and go to another car lot that has something better, or at least somthing you like better.

#18 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostZordicron, on 24 October 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

I want better ideas too. Russ doesn't. Or can't. Or just won't. As Russ has stated in the past: this is the only MWO we have.

View PostZordicron, on 24 October 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

Energy draw is what we can get. Ghost heat is what we could get before. Quirks are what we could get in between. You, me , NOBODY will ever convince Russ of anything else. There is no heatscale lottery to win. We get what options they give us, and make do. The only thing we can do is try to give some feedback on what they have put out there on the lot for us to pick from.

Well the challenge is to deliver the message. Look even prior to Ghost Heat now with ED - you can have the same effect with minimal afford. Just simple math.
Say you have three numbers (5;5;2) and you want to get a 20 - you have one + and one * operator

so 5+5*2 = 15; 5*5+2 = 27....so you can now either add a rule if that if 5 is multiplied with 5 you reduce the final result with 7.
so 5*5+2 = 27(-7) = 20 - but this would cause several problems in other combinations.
Or you use your time to invent brackets. because (5+5)*2 is exactly what you want.

In case of your 5000 dollars - you might be able to know a customer that really want to buy this car and you take your 5000 and buy the car drive to that guy - and say look what I've found : give me 8000 and its yours. In the end you might end at 5150 but still enough to have a bus ticket move back to the lot - and buy the other car + some beer in the market Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users