Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ts?t=201701yofr

#2 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

all those lance-in-formations, requiring players to play together...

Edited by Kael Posavatz, 24 January 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#3 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Interesting event, it'll be neat to see how it plays out

#4 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

I like that you've provided alternate methods of winning for those who can't game every day or some such. Well done. ;)

#5 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostBWS2K, on 24 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I like that you've provided alternate methods of winning for those who can't game every day or some such. Well done. Posted Image

Agreed. Well done.

Did I miss something? I don't see what the leader board rewards are aside from the brass knuckles for the top 75.

#6 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Good Luck and Have Fun to All of you Posted Image .

Been waiting for an Event for a month or so, but this is .........
Might not be too bothered, the Personal Challenge prize is underwhelming compared to previous events.

I was hoping for more war horns, cockpit items, and grand prize - but hey can't really complain on free stuffs Posted Image .

By the way, FYI - Chinese New Year is a very big, if not the biggest, festival in certain countries.
You can see how excited PGI is with it (or not).

^^

Edited by Jon McFuzzy, 24 January 2017 - 06:44 PM.

#7 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

I was hoping for the new Duct Tape standing item as a prize to fit the hanging item. Still a nice event though.

#8 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Chinese New Year is also a time where a lot of families go out visiting or entertain visitors at home. Will be hard to find the time to grind the event. On the off chance you do find the time, it will be hard to explain the sounds of A/C fire and explosions to all the elderly family members milling about the house during the first few days of the event.

That being said, most of it seems achievable. Posted Image

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostBWS2K, on 24 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I like that you've provided alternate methods of winning for those who can't game every day or some such. Well done. Posted Image

Agreed. Kudos PGI.

I also appreciated the clever "chicken walker" Mech tie-in. Very creative!

#10 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 24 January 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Agreed. Well done.

Did I miss something? I don't see what the leader board rewards are aside from the brass knuckles for the top 75.

Due to widespread cheating (what else would you call outright ignoring the rules when you know PGI doesn't have any means of detecting the violations) in past leaderboards they eliminated the juicy prizes and now they just reward a cockpit item. That's been the case for the past two or three past mech releases. It clearly worked, because the usual suspects who were always doing TOO suspiciously well in the events have stopped appearing in the top spots.

Edited by Dee Eight, 24 January 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#11 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Little disappointed there's no Whack-a-bushwhacker challenges

#12 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

not sure if I'll be amaze or scare to see players in pug drops working together to get the 300MC prize .......terra therma might freeze over

#13 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Once again, I am shockingly sad that the Bushwhacker pilots will be deprived of the joy I experienced with the Hunt the Huntsman event. Spending two solid weeks with a target painted on your 'mech allows a pilot to enjoy the thrill of being hunted down like an animal, and is a perfect chance to learn how to get the most out of your new Battlemech!

#14 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Yeah!! \m/

As a foreigner in Taiwan, I am now honored to play MWO this Chinese New Year for this challenge.

Kudos to PGI to be aware of Asia too and a great tie-in with the buswacker-rooster analogy.

o7 - see you in the battlefield!

#15 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostS9ectre86, on 24 January 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

On the off chance you do find the time, it will be hard to explain the sounds of A/C fire and explosions to all the elderly family members milling about the house during the first few days of the event.

Shouldn't be too hard - the Chinese invented fireworks and firecrackers specifically for celebrations, explosions are an accepted norm

#16 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

Sorry for the salt but so you're bringing back proper awards for the mech owner's of the event right?

Is it possible the Marauder IIC folks gonna get their retrospectively deserved items in the same way? As far as I can remember, I was really looking forward to it and it ended up as a really poor event. I assumed this would be the new norm but this clearly suggests otherwise.

Other than that the setup for the rest of us seems great, many thanks for keeping us all in mind.

#17 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Lance in Formation?

last time tht was relevant I failed horribly.... just staying in vincinity of lancemate is not enough, when other lancemates don't comply?

Clever flanking when occasion exists - nope better stay in lance to get the MCs....

Edited by aGentleWarrior, 25 January 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#18 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

The first challenge component is really interesting. I'm happy to finally see a competitive objective: achieve the highest match score on your team... nice! Something to really work for. I'm not sure about "lance in formation", though. Having to watch where you stand relative to your lancemates and synchronize your fire with them instead of focusing on killing the enemies... This may screw up the games too much. But let's see how it plays out :)

#19 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

Interested in the sale!

Just out of curiosity, which mechs are chicken walkers? I didn't found an easy overview of them, but on top of my head there is:
Direwolf, Catapult, Stalker, Stormcrow, Nova(?), Timberwolf, Jenner(?), Warhawk, Ebon Jag(?)

#20 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:58 AM

Love the get the top match score 6 times will help get that out of the way easily, the annoying parts going to be having to group up with 3 people to either drop quick play or scouting together for the damned lance in formation, its the most annoying to get, id rather hit and run X 1000 or one of the others.

View PostS9ectre86, on 24 January 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Chinese New Year is also a time where a lot of families go out visiting or entertain visitors at home. Will be hard to find the time to grind the event. On the off chance you do find the time, it will be hard to explain the sounds of A/C fire and explosions to all the elderly family members milling about the house during the first few days of the event.

That being said, most of it seems achievable. Posted Image

Thats why games need events, and BIGGER EVENTS for bigger holidays of their playerbase, to make sure queue times are still good when some people cant play because of rl family events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users