#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, kinda disappointed in the basically non-event for non-supernova owners.
Typically there is a table of achievements for the Mech of the Month owners and a table for everyone to accomplish. Now there is basically no challenge for non-supernova owners since there will be so many SN's that you won't be able to avoid getting one kill on them.

Did you guys accidentally leave off half the challenge conditions?

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hey All,
This event was created with the following in mind.
1. Give the Supernova owners the event they deserve (and expect)
2. Don't give players a reason not to try PTS (We've had complaints about running events at the same time as PTS)

I had a larger Faction Play portion to this event that would have been quite challenging to complete (with prizes) but I have saved it for a later date. As TorinZ said March will have our famous Lucky charms event so you can look forward to that as well!

We do review our events after the fact with feedback from the Customer support team, Community manager, and reviewing completion Stats. I am always lurking through these threads looking for Constructive feedback so keep it coming!

@Anti90d
Posted Image

Ha! Don't Tell Russ... The last few times we had a PTS there were events and Russ said that PGI doesn't hold-back on events just because a PTS is scheduled.

This is, actually, a good about-face if it was done intentionally to not pull players from the PTS. Surprising, but good.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 February 2017 - 02:38 PM.

#4 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

Well, at least SNV pilots will get a decent camo, Novacat Alpha galaxy fans will be happy.

Make sense to postpone proper events until after PTS will be over. Not sure if people who do not participate in PTS will take part this time, but at least no "you taking away PTS testers with event" whine.

#5 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

This is always an event for the new mechs guys.....it's just usually ovet taken by a large event. No big deal really to me. Same results as previous X new mech events to get free stuff with your new mech!

You guys who complain really need to pay attention more to all events :)

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 February 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

This is always an event for the new mechs guys.....it's just usually ovet taken by a large event. No big deal really to me. Same results as previous X new mech events to get free stuff with your new mech!

While I don't feel any entitlement, there's never been an event this weak for non-owners.

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostCK16, on 23 February 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

You need to read all posts, too. Most Mech Release events have twin challenge tables - one for M of the M, other for all pilots. This month they left off the All Pilots table of achievements.

(The Kill one SN table is not a full table of achievements that typically comes with every release event. There should be 5-6 achievements with various prizes)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 February 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

LOL. that 1 kmdd.

#9 MrHail

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Would be cool if they made something like:

Login to the PTS server and play a few matches to get something on the main server (some Cbills, a bit of MC, whatever).
That way the PTS would have a huge population and we could really test all the things better...

Just my opinion.

It's better to incentivize ppl to login to the PTS than to try to take away this event to make them play the PTS...

I will test on the PTS no matter what but there are a lot of ppl that just don't care that much unfortunately :( .

#10 Jeeeeeef

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Not sure "grief the paying customers" is the best event idea.

#11 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

Considering the upcoming PTS I consider it a good thing that there is no general event (except the little gift to everyone)

#12 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

It's just that Premium time is not the best idea, it's like you're getting 3 premium time days, you trigger them, and then they gonna expire while you're on PTS server Posted Image

Edited by Delta1262 Scorch, 23 February 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#13 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

It's not too big of a deal really. Let the new mech owners get their special stuff, and not pull too many away from PTS. Besides, what is it, 2 weeks from now we should get a St Patrick's Day event. I am sure we will have plenty to do for that one. Lucky Charms loot bags!

#14 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 February 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Yeah, kinda disappointed in the basically non-event for non-supernova owners.
Typically there is a table of achievements for the Mech of the Month owners and a table for everyone to accomplish. Now there is basically no challenge for non-supernova owners since there will be so many SN's that you won't be able to avoid getting one kill on them.

Did you guys accidentally leave off half the challenge conditions?

View PostApollo777, on 23 February 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Wow, very poor event!

You mean you guys would rather PGI put on an event with huge benefits while a PTS is in session? Not to be a white knight, but figure out what you want.

They literally said that there is no big general event because they didn't want to take population away from the PTS. LITERALLY what folks ask for every time there is a PTS lol

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 23 February 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#15 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Your event is bad

and

you should feel bad.

Posted Image

#16 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

Hey All,
This event was created with the following in mind.
1. Give the Supernova owners the event they deserve (and expect)
2. Don't give players a reason not to try PTS (We've had complaints about running events at the same time as PTS)

I had a larger Faction Play portion to this event that would have been quite challenging to complete (with prizes) but I have saved it for a later date. As TorinZ said March will have our famous Lucky charms event so you can look forward to that as well!

We do review our events after the fact with feedback from the Customer support team, Community manager, and reviewing completion Stats. I am always lurking through these threads looking for Constructive feedback so keep it coming!

@Anti90d
Posted Image

Edited by Matt Newman, 23 February 2017 - 12:59 PM.
Memes

#17 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 23 February 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Your event is bad

and

you should feel bad.

Posted Image

WHY would you want a good event going while the PTS is live? It hurts PTS population.

#18 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostJeeeeeef, on 23 February 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Not sure "grief the paying customers" is the best event idea.

you are right - If you see a Supernova on the opposing team please do not shoot him.

#19 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

WHY would you want a good event going while the PTS is live? It hurts PTS population.

We could have had an event last weekend.. or next weekend.. or they could have postponed the PTS for another week and had a decent event this weekend.

I don't think we should have ANY events while the PTS is ongoing, aside from PTS events that award your LIVE account for having played X amount of matches in the PTS server.

..but on top of cutting the number of events we have in 2017, compared to 2016, when we do finally get an event, it's poop.

#20 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Valid. Both thumbs are up.

(But seriously figure out a way we can at least keep the CB we earn on PTS sessions. That would help more, I think).

Edited by TercieI, 23 February 2017 - 01:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users