46 replies to this topic

#1 Xutech

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEIIST

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

There are so many members of House Liao now and I think we're definitely the best.

While the other houses are probably going to play like this is a normal game I think we should be more classy and try to act a bit more like a real House Liao would.

Lets talk about the kind of behaviour and honoureable acts that real house Liao people would do so we can try to emulate them.

I know that House Liao is described as kind of Chinese, so maybe we can use some ideas from Chinese culture for inspiration.

It would be really cool if we could not just play the best, but also act the best.

Suggestions?

#2 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Two words: Manchurian Candidate.

That about sums it up really.

#3 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Shooting mechs in the knees.

#4 Hell Grunt

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Honour and Liao are opposites.

#5 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well, Stealth Armor & ECM. I think that pretty much says it all about how much Capellans Care about "honor". Fight to win, no matter the cost.

#6 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Nerve gas and atomic weapons. Failing that, More Urbanmechs.

#7 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well its hard to tell, first you got the regular military units, they can be pretty swell guys sometimes, but ultimately they know that Victory is what is required for the Confedation to survive their larger opponent (especially in the wake of Hanse's wedding gift)

Then you got the Death Commandos... those guys will do whatever it takes to secure victory for the State.

So really, look at a map of the Confederation and tell me if Capellans can afford to subscribe to such antiquated notions of "fairness" and "chivalry" when its existence hangs in the balance?

#8 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

So, if we're modeled after the Chinese, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't roll with the whole "kill them with numbers" formula. If the CapCon manages to get more members than any other house, our merc corps can turn all the border worlds green. GOAL: Surround the IS with a green ring of terrorfun.

We actually sponsored the clans, you just don't know it yet.

Edited by Stalkerr, 12 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#9 Kelthar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 12 June 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

So really, look at a map of the Confederation and tell me if Capellans can afford to subscribe to such antiquated notions of "fairness" and "chivalry" when its existence hangs in the balance?

Perhaps if they had they wouldn't have gotten hammered into such a small sliver.

#10 Citizenkain

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

All legging, all the time.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostXutech, on 12 June 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

There are so many members of House Liao now and I think we're definitely the best.

While the other houses are probably going to play like this is a normal game I think we should be more classy and try to act a bit more like a real House Liao would.

What PART of the House? The code-bound Warrior Houses? The by-any-means Death Commandos? Kali's Thuggee maniacs? The mercs-made-citizens? Your average Home Guard types?

Lets talk about the kind of behaviour and honoureable acts that real house Liao people would do so we can try to emulate them.

I know that House Liao is described as kind of Chinese, so maybe we can use some ideas from Chinese culture for inspiration.

Aheh. Aha. *cough* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It would be really cool if we could not just play the best, but also act the best.

Suggestions?

We're literally the loony black hats of the Inner Sphere. We have a paranoid madwoman for a Chancellor. We slapped the crud out of a Canopian/Andurien invasion out of sheer fanatical grit. Our Glorious Leader implants her staff with tracking chips and periodically has them all shot whenever she's feeling a mite touchy- never mind how she deals with everyone else. She never marries and has two kids- one of which will be the greatest Chancellor in modern history, the other of which will become a psychotic terrorist killer with her horde of pet Thuggee cultist-assassins.

We are not the best. We are one of the best at being the WORST. We fight dirty, we fight fanatical, we're the people that when presented with a cell of dangerous terrorists in a building will salute the citizens who gave their lives to remove such criminals- and then level the entire building to make sure they don't escape. Heck, we'll even drop nukes on them.

#12 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostCitizenkain, on 12 June 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

All legging, all the time.

Or if you're a Tetatae mech pilot, arming... bird-men are of the opinion that the worst thing ever is to have your wings clipped.

#13 Xutech

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEIIST

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

You're a great writer! I couldn't find any of the stuff you're talking about on this site, but I guess you made it up as a roleplaying thing. That's pretty cool and I bet if you can write some more of your crazy creative stuff we might even see it in the game!

p.s I'm pretty sure a chancellor is a kind of wizard and I don't think the mechwarrior setting has magic or anything like that. Mind powers probably though!

#14 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostXutech, on 12 June 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

You're a great writer! I couldn't find any of the stuff you're talking about on this site, but I guess you made it up as a roleplaying thing. That's pretty cool and I bet if you can write some more of your crazy creative stuff we might even see it in the game!

Oddly enough, just pulling it from the Battletech wiki.

p.s I'm pretty sure a chancellor is a kind of wizard and I don't think the mechwarrior setting has magic or anything like that. Mind powers probably though!

We're House Liao. Of course we have funky magic. See, I even have pictures!

Posted Image

Oddly enough, just pulling it from the Battletech wiki.

#15 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Postwanderer, on 12 June 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

What PART of the House? The code-bound Warrior Houses? The by-any-means Death Commandos? Kali's Thuggee maniacs? The mercs-made-citizens? Your average Home Guard types?

Aheh. Aha. *cough* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We're literally the loony black hats of the Inner Sphere. We have a paranoid madwoman for a Chancellor. We slapped the crud out of a Canopian/Andurien invasion out of sheer fanatical grit. Our Glorious Leader implants her staff with tracking chips and periodically has them all shot whenever she's feeling a mite touchy- never mind how she deals with everyone else. She never marries and has two kids- one of which will be the greatest Chancellor in modern history, the other of which will become a psychotic terrorist killer with her horde of pet Thuggee cultist-assassins.

We are not the best. We are one of the best at being the WORST. We fight dirty, we fight fanatical, we're the people that when presented with a cell of dangerous terrorists in a building will salute the citizens who gave their lives to remove such criminals- and then level the entire building to make sure they don't escape. Heck, we'll even drop nukes on them.

This.

Is one of the 2 reasons why i chose the CC.

#16 gamesguy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostKelthar, on 12 June 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Perhaps if they had they wouldn't have gotten hammered into such a small sliver.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#17 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postwanderer, on 12 June 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

We are not the best.

Actually, the military is one of the best. Sure, it lacks numbers big time, but the average Capellean pilots is better trained then those of the other houses. And the Death Commandos simply are the best unit you can get in tabletop (though I hope they wont implement them to "unlock" in MWO).

#18 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostHell Grunt, on 12 June 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Honour and Liao are opposites.

This.

#19 Wind Tempest

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

So in exchange of having no honor, we get to fight wars with a level of competency(Steiner) without crippling our own economy(Davion) or crumble into civil war(Marak) and not suffer insane amounts of casualties(Kurita)? Sounds like a good trade.

Also we get stealth armors and plasma rifles.

#20 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostWind Tempest, on 12 June 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Also we get stealth armors and plasma rifles.

While stealth armor might not be as great in MWO, I'd kill for plasma rifles showing up early. PPC damage that heats up the opponent? Sign me up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users