Jump to content

Ohm's Quick Reference Sheets For All Mech Hardpoints, Weapons, Engines, & Pilot Lab - Images, Pdfs, Excel Inside


769 replies to this topic

#461 Frenchtoastman

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostNacon, on 25 October 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

PPC still have 90m minimum range as shown in ItemStats.XML file.


How diminished is PPC damage inside of 90m?

#462 Stefano McCarron

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationCity of Bochum, Planet Menke

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

Engines are +3 tons now....
Tell me when you changed your tabells, thx!

#463 Dreddix

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Max engines on light mechs has changed.
Example- Raven engine is now @245 MAX (300 before). That is 113.4 km/h
I can not test other Light mechs, but i`m allmost sure, that it is the same thing has happened there.

#464 zudukai

    Member

  • Veteran Founder
  • 1062 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDagda: staging area - Delta

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostFrenchtoastman, on 26 October 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:


How diminished is PPC damage inside of 90m?

fully.

#465 Ohmwrecker

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hey there guys, I'll be going through changes soon. Most of all I need to figure out everything with all of the engine changes. All of my engine figures are entered manually, hopefully speeds haven't changed much. I'll have to figure out how to fit in the Cicada into that sheet (assuming it's a new weight).

Regarding PPC minimum range info, it was stripped after having a conversation with two people that insisted they were still doing damage within the 90m range. I'll go ahead and re-add it with the next update.

Edited by Ohmwrecker, 26 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.


#466 Bacardio

    Rookie

  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ohm want to update the part where heatsinks are auto-included in the engine?

It seems we now are given additional heat sink spaces in the core area that always take up the 2 heat sink slots...but the kicker now is they cost additional weight to include. Works well with double heatsinks btw (can squeeze 4 into my Atlas 350 engine atm would normally take up 12 critical spaces)

#467 Ohmwrecker

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostBacardio, on 26 October 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Ohm want to update the part where heatsinks are auto-included in the engine?

It seems we now are given additional heat sink spaces in the core area that always take up the 2 heat sink slots...but the kicker now is they cost additional weight to include. Works well with double heatsinks btw (can squeeze 4 into my Atlas 350 engine atm would normally take up 12 critical spaces)


Yeah definitely, interesting change for sure that I think will affect some of the builds out there.

#468 Aviain Wolf

    Rookie

  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Quote

Yeah definitely, interesting change for sure that I think will affect some of the builds out there

try to build the gause raven now 6 more tons in engine and heatsinks it just wont work :huh:
Up side the ac 20 raven dose not have a heat problem with double heatsinks

Edited by Aviain Wolf, 26 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.


#469 Nacon

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 633 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostStefano McCarron, on 26 October 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Engines are +3 tons now....
Tell me when you changed your tabells, thx!


Not all engines have +3 tons. Some vary between 1+ to 3.5+ tons.

#470 Selfish

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Postzudukai, on 26 October 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

fully.

I've seen some "give" in the distance. It's possible people ARE getting kills under 90m client side, and are actually kills greater than 90m server side. In the instance I got it, his range was dropping to me when I took the shot. It doesn't mean he was where my client told me he was, however. We'd need to set up some actual distance trials.

#471 motorbyclist

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

I still can't believe this data isn't available in game - keep up the good work and hoping for an update after the next patch!

#472 BGabric

    Rookie

  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Where is the ItemStats.xml file located exactly?

#473 SpoonFox

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi Ohm,

just a request, I do not know if it is possible.
But can you trij to include the additional stats like torso speed, module slots and arm movments, so you can compare the chasis more.
YLW has diffrent ons that the other cenution's.

PS: Bgabric the stats are packed in the file archives, they are acctualy zip files.

#474 Prosperity Park

    Professor of Memetics

  • Legendary Founder
  • 9001 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostSpoonFox, on 27 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hi Ohm,

just a request, I do not know if it is possible.
But can you trij to include the additional stats like torso speed, module slots and arm movments, so you can compare the chasis more.
YLW has diffrent ons that the other cenution's.

PS: Bgabric the stats are packed in the file archives, they are acctualy zip files.

There are all going to change soon, and including them now might fan some unneeded flames.

#475 Arcturious

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 761 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

The engine changes are massive, almost all my previous builds are now impossible. For example a 350 engine used to weigh 19T (14HS). Now it weighs a whopping 26T (14HS). That's a 7 Ton increase. Even on the Heavies and Assaults, the savings you get from adding both ES and FF and DHS still don't add up to this 7T.

Take dragon for example. Stock loadout of 320 armour and 60T used. Add in all the possible weight savings and you will only make back 4T.

Making it very hard and costly to try out new builds to compensate.

On the flip side, this is just growing pains. I figure if it had been this way all along we would be used to it. So now just need to get used to the new way.

It's still a bit of a crushing blow, I was really looking forward to seeing what builds became possible once you get savings from ES and FF. Instead its gone backwards and I'm having trouble even fitting what I used to be able to build thanks to the massive engine increases.

#476 Wingbreaker

    Troubadour

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 937 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostArcturious, on 27 October 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

The engine changes are massive, almost all my previous builds are now impossible. For example a 350 engine used to weigh 19T (14HS). Now it weighs a whopping 26T (14HS). That's a 7 Ton increase. Even on the Heavies and Assaults, the savings you get from adding both ES and FF and DHS still don't add up to this 7T.

Take dragon for example. Stock loadout of 320 armour and 60T used. Add in all the possible weight savings and you will only make back 4T.

Making it very hard and costly to try out new builds to compensate.

On the flip side, this is just growing pains. I figure if it had been this way all along we would be used to it. So now just need to get used to the new way.

It's still a bit of a crushing blow, I was really looking forward to seeing what builds became possible once you get savings from ES and FF. Instead its gone backwards and I'm having trouble even fitting what I used to be able to build thanks to the massive engine increases.


A 350 weighs 22 tons, a 3 ton increase from the previous 19, you're adding four tons to the weight from heat sinks that weren't there previously but can now be added.

#477 Arcturious

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 761 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 27 October 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

A 350 weighs 22 tons, a 3 ton increase from the previous 19, you're adding four tons to the weight from heat sinks that weren't there previously but can now be added.


Previously, the 350 did give you 14HS though. So as a like for like comparison with the previous version, it is a 7T difference as you now have to purchase HS above the default 10. They were weight free in the last version.

#478 Nacon

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 633 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostSpoonFox, on 27 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

just a request, I do not know if it is possible.
But can you trij to include the additional stats like torso speed, module slots and arm movments, so you can compare the chasis more.


All mech have same torso twist speed multiplier, same for arm movement. Only differ from the engine it provides. Faster engine = faster twist.

#479 MustrumRidcully

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 9890 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

A question about the ESH value?

It's not the value for making a weapon heat neutral, correct? It seems to be ROUNDUP(HPS x 8) or something like that.

While this works for a single weapon, keep in mind that if you stack weapons, the heat generation/dissipation difference will stack up. 4 Medium Lasers with 8 heat sinks devoted don't mean 2 waste heat total, but 8 waste heat total - which means your mech will last considerably shorter.

(To compare:
1 Medium Lasers + 8 Heat Sinks = 2 HPS gained, so with capacity (30 + heat sinks = ) 38, 19 seconds to overheat.
4 Medium Lasers with 8 Heat Sinks = 8 HPS gained, so with capacity 62, 7,75 seconds to overheat.

That is a bit of a difference, I think. :)

#480 Ohmwrecker

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Sheets updated, sorry for the delay this past month has been pretty much hell. Not sure if it was the stress from my dad's heart attack or what but I wound up getting an abscess in a tooth, spent days in pain from that, got a root canal thinking it'd resolve everything but I've been in more pain since then. Seems like my face has an infection now.

Anyway, I didn't want to let this go on too long since the patch came out many days ago. Please let me know if you see any mistakes.

Btw, am I the only one here who thinks it's weird as hell that IGP / PGI still hasn't talked to me or others from here about videos? They just keep tapping into the RunHotorDie guys. I can't ever recall seeing any community contributions from them, aside from their podcast. Meanwhile, guide creators on this very forum get ignored.

Edited by Ohmwrecker, 28 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users