Ohm's Quick Reference Sheets For All Mech Hardpoints, Weapons, Engines, & Pilot Lab - Images, Pdfs, Excel Inside

769 replies to this topic

#481 Zergax

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

At least they pinned the topic.
And Ohm important detail evrything about the engines now has to be reviewed due to the massive changes might want to check that. Charts are good but text might not match what is curently in the updated charts.

#482 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Cicada missing from mech hardpoint list?

#483 Keisuke Nagisa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Is it possible to put repair costs in for the weapons and equipment as well so we can brainstorm optimal cheap and expensive set ups. Also waiting for updated tables.

EDIT:. Nice its updated !

Edited by Keisuke Nagisa, 28 October 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#484 Ohmwrecker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostZergax, on 28 October 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

At least they pinned the topic.
And Ohm important detail evrything about the engines now has to be reviewed due to the massive changes might want to check that. Charts are good but text might not match what is curently in the updated charts.

I spent the most time on the engine page, and think I got everything right. I added in the Cicada, and updated all of the weight and heatsink changes. I also updated the engine cheatsheet pricing section to reflect the new engine prices.

Yes someone did sticky this, but it took ages and way too many requests from users. PGI / IGP really needs to work harder at managing this community, there's a reason places like Riot have multiple community managers, along with special community leader based player groups like the Council, Ambassadors, Adjudicators, etc..

Edited by Ohmwrecker, 29 October 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#485 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 28 October 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

A question about the ESH value?

It's not the value for making a weapon heat neutral, correct? It seems to be ROUNDUP(HPS x 8) or something like that.

While this works for a single weapon, keep in mind that if you stack weapons, the heat generation/dissipation difference will stack up. 4 Medium Lasers with 8 heat sinks devoted don't mean 2 waste heat total, but 8 waste heat total - which means your mech will last considerably shorter.

(To compare:
1 Medium Lasers + 8 Heat Sinks = 2 HPS gained, so with capacity (30 + heat sinks = ) 38, 19 seconds to overheat.
4 Medium Lasers with 8 Heat Sinks = 8 HPS gained, so with capacity 62, 7,75 seconds to overheat.

That is a bit of a difference, I think. :P

I'd also like to know how you're calculating the EHS value. Since heat sinks dissipate 0.1 heat per second (0.2 for doubles once they're fixed), wouldn't the EHS be the heat per second multiplied by 10, rounded up?

Also, since Flamers deal heat to the user exponentially, isn't it a bit cruel to list their EHS as only 7, when they're really impossible to make heat neutral? :P

Edited by Derek Icelord, 29 October 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#486 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

On, and the Engine Cheatsheet is off. The Raven and Awesome aren't the same across all models. The RVN-3L comes with a 210 rating, so it can go up to 295. The AWS-9M comes with a 320 rating, so it can go up to 385.

#487 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostNacon, on 27 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

All mech have same torso twist speed multiplier, same for arm movement. Only differ from the engine it provides. Faster engine = faster twist.

No they don't. Check all the threads on our new Hero mech.

#488 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostMarzepans, on 29 October 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Don't have the same torso twist, or same arm movement? Or both?

If you're referring to lateral arm movement, some 'Mechs (like Yen-Lo-Wang) lack lower arm actuators, which cause the arms to lag behind the torso in side-to-side movement rather than lead it.

#489 ferluci

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Dear Ohms, I love your page its wicked and the best source of information on the betasite. But since last patch i saw you did not include the new awesome 9-m specks it comes with an xl320 which awesome can normally not carry, the biggest xl that can fit in there is the 385 engine which gives that awesome a speed of 77.9 KPH

#490 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

*coughs*

It seems the note about how heatsinks used to work is still in the top post of the thread …

#491 GoKuXo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

nice job

thanks

#492 Culler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Cicada 2B hardpoint information is off. You put two laser hardpoints in the head that should be in the right arm. I can verify this, having used the 2B a lot just before the wipe.

Also, fantastic job, I use this thread as a resource so often it's not even funny. Super helpful for mech customization.

#493 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Ohmwrecker. You saved me a lot ot time and my unit a lot of heartache.

Frankly, I don't know why PGI didn't have this type of stuff on the web page to entice people to play long enough to buy a BattleMech.

They should toss you a Happy Meal or something.

#494 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostDerek Icelord, on 29 October 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Don't have the same torso twist, or same arm movement? Or both?

If you're referring to lateral arm movement, some 'Mechs (like Yen-Lo-Wang) lack lower arm actuators, which cause the arms to lag behind the torso in side-to-side movement rather than lead it.

No, I'm not referring to lateral arm movement. The Yen-Lo has different base numbers for turning speed and torso twist..

#495 Ziko

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCentreville, VA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'm so very happy to have these sheets back! Did not know what to do yesterday when I went to build a mech and could not find this post. LoL

Ohmwrecker, thanks for putting so much effort and time into this for us.

#496 dranozir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

THX

Were is the MWO mechbay ?

#497 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostMarzepans, on 29 October 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Didn't mean to say Hero Mech as well. Just the general Mechs.
Of course the Hero Mech has some buff to it, but not that much anyway.

#498 ferluci

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

Ohm your page rocks, but you forgot the new awesome 9-m which comes with an xl 320 and can carry an xl380 if i am correct giving it a max speed of 77kph and something. it starts with 64kph and something in speed. This is one very fast awesome who can keep up with normal hunchbacks and centurions. But off course the xl makes the beast more vulnerable.

#499 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostNacon, on 30 October 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Didn't mean to say Hero Mech as well. Just the general Mechs.
Of course the Hero Mech has some buff to it, but not that much anyway.

So since there are differences it makes sense to have sections on the mechs' individual stats. It will make even more sense as additional hero mechs are introduced.

#500 Gargoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCoastal Finland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Thank you for your trouble lad, this is much appreciated =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users