Guide

503 replies to this topic

#241 Chroma-Matic

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hey everybody, I'm Tanin and I am new to this game. Ive learned many concepts so far and am a decent pilot and understand my Mech's role and would like to find a group who regularly plays with some type of voice chat I can play with. I run a CN9-AL "Zombie" and my pilot name in game is Tanin if anyone would like to send me an invite!

#242 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hey for you new players, I have a few of you added and have tried to invite you when I see you on. However still no contact so I thought I would mention this to everyone who might post here. When someone invites you to a group the only notification you get is a very subtle flashing of the social button. I have hopes that UI 2.0 will improve this but who knows.

Once you join the group then a chat window pops up for type chat. From there people can give you any voice chat info you might need or they can message you via forum pm with that info.

#243 Bulde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

This is also a handy site to use when looking to find groups and very simple to use.

http://mwolfg.com/lfg

#244 Reyvolution

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi everyone! I've been playing MWO on and off for about a year now. I'm looking for people that I can drop with and have fun.
Bit of info about me... I'm 24, EST zone(usually on evenings and weekends), Canadian, I do have TS and Skype.

Feel free to add me and let's blow up some giant stompy robots ;)

#245 AntiKorper

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hey sorry for the late reply I have not been on at all for some time... but I wanted to thank you all for the help going to try this out when I get a chance many thanks!

AntiKorper =)

#246 Magnus Pride

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationПитер

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

#247 Magnus Pride

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationПитер

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

#248 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

I definitely would like to join, need tips and pointers... Cant seem to kill the enemy fast enough and then i get flanked and well you know the rest.... Also i'm a new pilot in the sense of play time, but have been signed up since the start, only know was i able to get my computer repaired. I have a lot of catching up to do.

#249 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi, name's Thomas, fairly new to this game, but not so new to battletech. First encounter was years back with MechCommander1, received a demo with the local games magazine, quickly bought the original after, then came MC2 and MW3, and also played MW4. All single players only tho, but still, I quickly fell in love with it. Now I've grown tired of single player and quite the right time it seems.
But MWO is _boring_ to play alone. Not much fun if every player in your lance runs in his own direction, is it? :unsure:
So, can't wait to team up with some serious players(not saying that I am super pro, but still), to get the full potential of the game. :ph34r:
See you on the battlefield. :blink:

#250 Mottok

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

TDMC is always looking for new blood! Our website: http://dreadnoughtmerccorp.enjin.com/ Our Forum Link: http://mwomercs.com/...-join-us-today/

#251 EpicRage

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

If anyone is looking to get in a few drops with some skilled players feel free to check out our website and teamspeak! The Buckminster Guards are always looking to fill 4 man drops! Everyone is always welcome, new, old, rookie, pro, casual, or if you just want some pointers stop in and see us!! Our teamspeak info is on the site or you can Join by clicking on the ts viewer!

#252 iK Metalux

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Noobie here looking to learn

#253 Bobothemonk

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Got myself a mic an ready to start droping with people I can talk too!

Feel free to add me in game "Bobothemonk", hoping to build up a friend list so theres always some action!

#254 F1zzzy90908

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hello. Just installed this game yesterday and have already blown through my 25 cadet battles, game is a lot of fun. Currently running a sniper Jager and would love to team up with someone. I have TS3 and voice coms if that's a pre-requisite for you!

#255 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Greetings to all! I'm a somewhat experienced veteran who's entirely comfortable in Assaults, and fairly decent in all other weight classes. I have TeamSpeak, and am available from ~7AM CST to ~11PM CST. I am also a proud member of Clan Ghost Bear (ghost-bear-command.com) so 4-mans are possible if you'd prefer.

In-game name is the same as on the forums, so feel free to add me. If you'd like to set up an actual time, please send me a message on the forums.

Hope you all have fun and enjoy the game!

#256 Black M0th

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

вам сколько суки твердить ? что выбрасывает и перед боем и в бое и после боя , без сохранения очков, вы суки когда исправите, хули вы суете роботов? своих ? уебки? бездарные руки ? так поправьте, люди вам платят мать вашу, а вы херней страдаете !
вы , блять по звездам что ли гадаете что игрокам понравится? или вас только зеленыная бумага интересует? нахапать ?
уебки вы а не разработчики, за час 3 раза выкинуло как только до позиции доходил !, совесть есть !?
за час зависло 3 раза суки ! , у меня премиум, раз премиумы надоумились раздавать, позаботьтесь мать вашу чтоб из боя не выкидывало ! срань господня!

Edited by Black M0th, 08 April 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#257 SubtleRumble

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hey I am brand new to the game and want to get some tips and help in playing my first games my ingame name is SubtleRumble and I have ts and voice coms. I'm not new to mech games in general or games that require a lot of investment of time to get up to everyone's level.

Hopefully someone is up to helping a newb. :)

#258 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Welcome to MWO

The following forums / threads are a good place to start for a new player if you're willing to go through them:-

New Player Help sub-forum specifically, go through the pinned threads
Guides & Strategies sub-forum
Smurfy's Mechlab - third party mechlab for testing builds, mech info, etc that you can use for experimentation without spending C-Bills / MC

Also, download the MWO Repair Tool which you may need at some time in the future to help with corrupted files, etc and is the primary troubleshooting tool for MWO. You can get the link for the download here.

If you need any further help, feel free to post. Plenty here will be willing to try to help.

#259 Behemoth Sword

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

A couple of things I noticed are how unfair the game is. I'm a new player and it's actually not fun to watch people just team up beyond mwo and take advantage of others. I am a player that is Deaf and love battletech so much. I read all the novels, and then this game is here to play. Wow cool right? Nope. Non stop being pitted against players that are beyond your level. There is no room to learn. But if I spend my money I can have a powerful mech. That I feel this way means that unless pgi bothers to fix this I will not play. I will tell all my friends about this too. How unfriendly this is towards Deaf people. Later I will post my video of my team losing 12 to zero on my YouTube along with my Facebook page.

#260 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

View PostBehemoth Sword, on 20 April 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

A couple of things I noticed are how unfair the game is. I'm a new player and it's actually not fun to watch people just team up beyond mwo and take advantage of others.

I am a player that is Deaf and love battletech so much.-snip- .... How unfriendly this is towards Deaf people.

You might want to start a separate thread in the New Player Help sub-forum to seek input / help from other hearing impaired players. I recall that there was at least 1 that used to play but I'm not sure if he is still playing. Realistically, a lot of us drop solo so we are in no better a position than players with hearing impairments in so far as team coordination is concerned. You may be mistaking experience as VOIP use for coordination.

Insofar as the initial difficulty in getting into the game, everyone faces this because the learning curve is steep and the new player experience still leaves a lot to be desired although progress has been made since I started. A 12-0 loss is not unusual unfortunately in PUG games but it does get better with experience and with tweaked mechs.

You may wish to re-evaluate your current game experience after April 29th when they release the Launch Module which will come with separate Elo buckets which should restrict the matchmaker to tighter Elo bands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users