#421 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostVTine, on 21 March 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone! I started playing when I contributed way back in the early alpha days, and didn't like it much. I randomly decided to try the game again a couple weeks ago after having not touched it in years. I have been having a blast so far, and am looking for any of the big buys to help me learn more. I am enjoying playing smaller machines, and currently own a raven and two of the stormcrow models. I enjoy staying mobile and looking to backstab more than trying to dance around poking people. Is this too far out of the meta, or do any of the big bads here have a similar playstyle and have and advice to help me improve? I am generally on in the late evenings, maybe 8 or 9 central standard time. HMU!

Welcome back!! Don't worry about the meta so much. That's more for the really competetive players and teams. Personally, I enjoy my non-meta mechs. Do what works for you, as long as you don't forget that the winning side is typically the one that plays the best and most cohesively as a team.

The best advice is stay close to your team until you become very familiar with the maps, and ALWAYS press R before firing on your current target.

#422 Bloody Tier

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts
  • Locationpost Falls, ID

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

I know that I am on the wrong topic, and I apologize for that. Is there someplace I can go to discuss making teamspeak work in my games.

#423 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

I assume you are referring to the in-game VOIP in which case have you checked this thread? -> http://mwomercs.com/...eshooting-voip/

If you are referring to the standalone Teamspeak client, what particular aspect of it are you having issues with?

#424 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hey guys. East Coast newbie here. If anyone is available, I need help learning about 'Mech/loadout roles, how to effectively fill the role my 'Mech is set up for, and how to be competitive in combat. So far I've played eight matches, surviving three and getting one kill, always playing in a trial Assault. I understand the game modes and objectives. I'm otherwise completely lost.

#425 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostApsyc, on 19 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hey guys. East Coast newbie here. If anyone is available, I need help learning about 'Mech/loadout roles, how to effectively fill the role my 'Mech is set up for, and how to be competitive in combat. So far I've played eight matches, surviving three and getting one kill, always playing in a trial Assault. I understand the game modes and objectives. I'm otherwise completely lost.

If you experience slow match times it may be because the assault queue is really high due to the recent pre-order release of the Kodiak Battlemech.

I can help you with those through normal means on here; I could also join you in matches (or with the help of one other person using premium time, do private matches to help you learn with). A warning though if we join together in matches, the queues get less 'easy' because it runs separate from the solo matches. Also one of us will have to play a different class (I'll probably run heavy or medium and use you as a shield).

To add: I just logged in and added you.

Edited by Koniving, 19 May 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#426 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 May 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

If you experience slow match times it may be because the assault queue is really high due to the recent pre-order release of the Kodiak Battlemech.

I can help you with those through normal means on here; I could also join you in matches (or with the help of one other person using premium time, do private matches to help you learn with). A warning though if we join together in matches, the queues get less 'easy' because it runs separate from the solo matches. Also one of us will have to play a different class (I'll probably run heavy or medium and use you as a shield).

To add: I just logged in and added you.

Sounds good. So far Assaults have had the shortest queue times for me. I don't need to play Assault, I just did for survivability. I'm not sure what role will suit me best at all. I like the idea of scouting, but the "weak yet agile" combo has never payed off for me in other games (probably doing it wrong). I'll see you ingame.

#427 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostApsyc, on 19 May 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Sounds good. So far Assaults have had the shortest queue times for me. I don't need to play Assault, I just did for survivability. I'm not sure what role will suit me best at all. I like the idea of scouting, but the "weak yet agile" combo has never payed off for me in other games (probably doing it wrong). I'll see you ingame.

Mkay.

Just came out of a match with one of those fragile scouts.
Posted Image
Taking on two 100 ton mechs and a 60 ton at point blank with a broken leg, not a good idea. I could've stayed where I was on the dish and been fine but I couldn't bring all 6 MGs to hit if I did.

Also click the "Three heads" down at the bottom of the screen, then Alerts, then "Accept".

Can't chat or invite you to anything until you do.
Posted Image
Looks like this. Turns blue when you highlight it.

Edited by Koniving, 19 May 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#428 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Greetings fellow mechwarriors!

Ok, so I have been playing MWO since a few months in the meantime (around 3 to 4 months or so) and I have learned quite a bit by reading on the forums here and watching video's on youtube.
But, I am sometimes getting killed in horrific ways because taking on a 100ton kodiak and a light mech with my lowly 60ton Quickdraw isnt a good idea. So my battlefield awareness is not always the best.
I have however had great games where I got 2 to 3 kills with this same (underused) mech.

It all depends on the PUG group you are in. Sometimes you stomp the other team with 12-0 or 12-1 or 12-3... Other times the same happens to us/me. Losing with 12-0 or 12-1 or something.
Pick up groups are really a mixed bag. Sometimes you get an exeptional team and other times you end up with players just hanging back plinging the enemy mechs with their ERLL at almost max range... Posted Image

I noticed this thread today and I like this idea of the community to help new players and even some more seasoned players with help regarding mech construction and weapon application and such.

So, this whole post of mine is just to ask if I could join in on teamspeak 3 to look for groups or other players that are like minded; as in not to rush in alone and get swiss cheesed by 8 eney mechs... Posted Image

PS: I noticed that koniving had taken a screenshot of a game I played earlier... I think thats kewl...! :) And I am not even that good... Posted Image

Anyway, I am looking forward to meet some players that want to play some decent MWO matches together (with me included preferably... Posted Image ) and also I am wanting to learn things like picking targets, postioning on the field and also what role my mech is supposed to be/in/do...

Greetings and good night mechwarriors.

#429 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

When looking for people to hook up with, it is a good idea to post your time zone & playing time.

For example, NA + Oceania - possible, NA + EU - possible, EU + Oceania - unlikely.

#430 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Ok P4r4g0n. I guess I forgot that part...

I live in the EU; in Belgium to be precise.
So, I am not sure what timezone I should put up here... I am always confuzzled by that CET and Pacific Time and what have you...

I will put it this way: My timezone is GMT +1...
Hope this helps.

#431 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

Unless you play between 2 to 5pm, it is unlikely I will see you online other than maybe weekends since I am GMT+8.

Koniving may be your best bet and you can try sending him a PM. Alternatively, someone else may get in touch after reading your post.

If you have any questions that can be addressed via text, feel free to post it. Plenty of helpful folks in the New Player Help sub-forum.

As far as Teamspeak is concerned, I assume you have found the list of TS3 servers you can drop in at to looks for people to group with? If not, Rogue Jedi posted a link to mechspecs.com's list in this post.

Some TS3 servers may have a specific new player channel where people may be available to help. I know Comstar NA definitely has one, just browse through the channels, it will usually be close to the top of list of channels.

#432 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:15 AM

Yea, I kinda knew that was going to be like that. No offense, we live in different country's and timezones afterall.

I have just one more (stupid) question perhaps... Is the Teamspeak3 info in the OP still valid? I mean the IP-adress and password...

Heck, I will just go ahead and try it.

Anyway, thank you for the reply's.

PS: Can I ask for the TS3 IP-adress? Somehow TS3 cant connect to the TS server. Perhaps with the IP adress it will...

Edited by 4ries, 21 May 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#433 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

The list in the OP is probably out of date by now. Try this list and remember that some servers require a password as indicated on that list - https://www.mechspec...rver-list.8806/

I suggest you try this one first since you are in EU -

COMSTAR EU TS3 SERVER:
Server: 109.228.29.191
Password: hG5!4Dg*

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

#434 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

Ok will do. With the adress in the OP I couldnt connect to the ts server... Could not resolve host name I received as an error.

Anyway, I will use the new info you provided.

Thanks p4r4g0n.

Edit: I could connect with this info.

Edited by 4ries, 21 May 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#435 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

I started my PT and I'd like to do a few PvP just to see things.

For instance, I would like someone to mount up to 5 flamers and show me what one does, what two do etc It is one thing to be told and another to see it.

I'm in the EST In the USA in Florida!

Go GATORS!

#436 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Well, my apologies for being gone for so long, but I'm willing and able to schedule 1 on 1 sessions with new pilots, to help them figure things out, and turn the learning curve from a flat vertical line, to a harsh slope.

#437 Progged

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:02 AM

Hi all,

im also looking for a busy group to join - just downloaded Teamspeak and joined EU forum but noticed theres no one in there!
also when testing my mic i am getting the worlds worst feedback - i cant find the option to disable monitoring when you are using the mic - does it automatically disable this when you are using push to talk? otherwise i think all people will hear is feedback scream.

#438 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostProgged, on 02 July 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Hi all,

im also looking for a busy group to join - just downloaded Teamspeak and joined EU forum but noticed theres no one in there!
also when testing my mic i am getting the worlds worst feedback - i cant find the option to disable monitoring when you are using the mic - does it automatically disable this when you are using push to talk? otherwise i think all people will hear is feedback scream.

Under Microphone Properties, Listen tab is "Listen to this device" box checked? If so, try unchecking it.

Only circumstances I can think of that would create feedback are:

1. Using separate speakers and mike and the mike is picking up the sound from the speakers.
2. You are transmitting both 2 applications simultaneously. If this happens when you are using push to talk in the client while also on Teamspeak, create hotkeys in Teamspeak as follows:-
a.) Create a hotkey that mutes the microphone for Teamspeak when you press down the push to talk key in MWO
b.) Create a hoteky that unmutes the microphone for Teamspeak when you release the push to talk key in MWO

Edited by p4r4g0n, 02 July 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#439 talbs

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:42 AM

Thanks

#440 FailMK

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Hope you guys don't mind me piggy back this discussion, in the recent CW event (they were giving out a medium and a heavy mech), I played enough CW to get the free medium mech. I realised that I didn't actually earn any loyalty points (was in clan jade falcon) when I was buying mechs bays. Anybody have the same issue / have any suggestions on what to do?

Also I played enough invasion to get most of the invasion rewards, so the problem is ONLY playing scouting game mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users