#1 Talono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts
  • LocationTerra-Malediven

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I hope not :-)

WOT was for a few days really a pleasure, nice graphics BUT : No "deeper meaning" in the end game. If you have the biggest tank..what else ? In the end highest tier fought highest tear, everyone investing in Money-Ammo had another advantage, so in the end a big sense-free "Pay-to-Win" Game.

In MWO i hope to see exciting lance wars, maybe in the future galactic crusades between the houses of the inner sphere. Maybe they implement same "guild" system, e.g. runnig a mercenary company helping in that galactic crusade conquering planet by planet fighting side-by-side with the regular house divisions ?

Then even the owner of the biggest fully equipped Atlas would find a "deeper meaning" in MWO.

#2 Tavarish

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

MWO next WOT? Nope.

#3 Temudschin

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationDortmund / Germany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Its pretty similar to WoT in a few ways, there are many differences though. And having the "biggest fully equipped Atlas" doesnt mean you win in this game :D It doesnt matter if you put a medium laser on an Atlas or a Jenner, they do the same damage. Of course the Atlas is better armored, but the Jenner is more agile. If the Atlas pilot sucks, the Jenner can take him out. Which in WoT would never happen, because anything below Tier 8 doesnt stand the slightest chance against a Maus (yes i played WoT for a long time too ^^)

No clue if theres any sort of "Pay2Win" in MWO, there definitely is a Premium System, but PBI isnt the Welfare either, they want to make money and thats fine :D But since you are a founder i guess you know that.

#4 BinaryDuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

I am going to ignore this topic for good...

#5 Azulia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

This horse is soooooo dead.

So is the "premium ammo killed WoT" donkey.

Move along, move along.

#6 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

This again?!?!?!?!

#7 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

Concidering I played World of Tanks consistantly from the start of closed beta up till recently, and it has made the developers a lot of money, I hope this game is similar to WoT.

#8 errmoop0

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKatherine, NT, Australia

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

Similarities, there is similarities, but nothing like WoT.
... I hope

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

We are almost nothing like WoT. Lots of things are from Mechwarriors.

People just don't recognize them and find the next obvious bunch of features, which are also in WoT. That means we have 1-2 similarities, but we'e completely different game altogether. :D

#10 Kiyoshi101

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Stop comparing this to WOT, shesh guys and please "SEARCH" before u post more WOT stuff

#11 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Also i am not sure why anyone would look for "end-game" in a shooter. If anything this game is more like a game called APB from what we have been told so far, as in you are competitive right out of the gate and the tools given to you on day one are just as useful when you start as when you are a 2 year veteran. This ofc leads to a situation where there is no end game per se. you just keep killing

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Tis my greatest fear also.

The Deathmatch definitely feeds to that style, if left to get out of hand (and I seriously prey that they don't allow us to go all Yankees, and buy our way to better stuff, with a credit card.... let there be other revenue streams, that don't affect actual game play!) Payto Win is the worst curse of any game, IMO.

But hopefully, Dropship option will continue to grow aND EXPAND AS THEY GET MORE AND MORE INFRASTRUCTURE IN PLAY, ALLOWING FOR CAMPAIGNS AND SUCH FOR THOSE WILLING TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE. tHE CHOSEN TIMELINE SI RIPE WITH OPPURTUNITY TO MAKE THIs game so much more than just another run and gun shooter.

And it is not like we will be depriving the FPS in and out crowd, since Death match will inevitably benefit with new maps and such generated for Dropship Scenarios, meaning those who don't want to, or simply don't have the time tto invest into a longer campaign will still be able to enjoy the site, just not those who want credit cards to replace talent and hard work. Death Match is also a great "sim-tank" for new pilots to get their feet wet, and for experienced pilots to try out new mechs and new configurations, before actually using them on a mission.

That's my hope anyhow, as a 25 year veteran of the Battletch/Mechwarrior universe. I think as long as the community supports Piranha in this, we have an opportunity to really make this site great for BOTH styles of play. And Payto Win would pretty much guarantee otherwise.

#13 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostTalono, on 28 July 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

The Jenner really is a mess ! They should delete that dirty little frog from the game. I never hit these with my lasers, they simply dance in circles around me and hit my back with 4 laser streaks.

Why cant this little frog stand still and wait till i target my main weapons on him ?

I HATE skill based games like this one !

there´s no beta forum here xD

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostEns, on 28 July 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

there´s no beta forum here xD

I'm really hoping that Jenner hater is dripping with sarcasm..... (but after some of the topics I have read... can't be sure!)

#15 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostFuzzyhead, on 28 July 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

no premium ammo here partner, premium ammo in wot destroyed the whole gameplay!

well the group system ... *NDA brick hit head* OUCH!

ok all i can say it is great. damn NDA dont want me to give some onions abaut their game. . .

I hope the clan/lance wars, will be like ur idea.

You just broke the NDA, not even allowed to say your in it really.

Delete the entire thread.

#16 Rizdaw

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Another wot vs mwo? I've lost count of how many threads like this we already had.

#17 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Unlike in WoT where your shots bounce off tanks, hit and do 0 damage or just plain fire outside the targeting reticle..mechs get hit and take damage here when shot. There are not 7 arty per 15 man team in this game. Sure there are missile boats..but guess what? You can go find the missile boats or equip AMS.
WoT did everything they could do to force people to think they needed to spend RMT to make up for the game's faults, ala 0 crit hit hits, bouncing rounds and a match maker that put your POS starting tanks in with premium bought and or tanks 4 tiers higher.

#18 Vladdaimpaler

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Once again pubbies run there mouths about which they know nothing. In WoT prem. ammo is rarely used, just in clan wars. What you think are gold rounds are actually players who have taken the time to study the game and know where to pen every high tier tank. only time one can expect to see gold rounds is in clan wars and they only really help as most damage is comming in from arty and side shots.

WoT end game content is clan wars and tournaments. Thats why alot of people got into the game to have a no holds barred team play enviroment. It worked really well until the devs listened to pubbies who would rather whine than actually figure out how to win. If MWO keeps its preference on skill rather than making random do nothing pubbies happy this game will be a huge success. If they go the WoT route it will not.

#19 Temudschin

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationDortmund / Germany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postgrimzod, on 28 July 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Wrong.....since ALL Founders are in now its been Dev-stated that you ARE allowed to tell you are in, as its pretty clear anyways. Founder tag = you're in for sure.....

Nothing else is allowed to be said....only that you are in, and thats not even necessary if you look at the tag :)

#20 donkeybas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postgrimzod, on 28 July 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

They've already stated there is no prem ammo. You don't need to be in beta to know that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users