ISN News Flash

7 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Wed. Jan 4, 3049: The capable Salwa Hanachi made CEO Austen-Armstrong Industries in hopes of further capitalizing on the merger of ’44.

#2 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

I think we need a good Ghost-busting out the facts on this one.

#3 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 January 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

I see what you did there.

#4 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Armstrong builds the Long Tom Artillery do they not?

#5 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 January 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

You got it chief. One scoop coming right up!

#6 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not to quibble, as I love coming here every day to see the ISN feeds and Ghost's infallible network of fact-finding for the new members of the universe explaining what it means.. but...

The date is wrong on this particular ISN feed. It's Wednesday, Jan 04 3049. It's showing Thursday, which is tomorrow, Jan 05.

Sorry to quibble, but I noticed it and wanted to at least point it out for editing perhaps. ^_^

<S> Thanks and looking forwards to seeing Ghost's excellent in-depth explanation. ;)

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#7 Battlefield

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBerlin - Germany

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yepp, you're right, but they also where havy in manufacturinf energy based long arms and support weapons for the Free Worlds League. Looks like there will be trouble to be scouted out on the way to some mission targets. ^_^

#8 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

Whew, that was a lot of digging through the archives. Even had to go back and look at the 1988 House Marik book for inspiration. Sadly, the awesome Austen-Armstrong Industries logo you can find in Handbook: House Marik (p. 127, natch) is just a watermark and not a separate image.

Formed from the merger of Austen Vale Ordnance and Armstrong Industries in 3044, Austen-Armstrong Industries was once one of the biggest personal weapons manufacturers in the entire Free Worlds League. In the past, the two parent companies of this modern-day corporation suffered from serious quality and reliability issues in their flagship products, the M4T Laser Rifle and the Derenforth Heavy Rifle. Since the merger, the newly combined R&D resources were quickly put to work in an effort to fix these problems. Thanks to the cross-pollination strategy employed by the new and ambitious CEO, Salwa Hanachi, A2 variants of these two weapons were quickly produced, earning the company a reputation for solid and reliable equipment. Not content to stop there, Hanachi has drawn up plans to provide new designs for rifles and support weapons to the Lyran Commonwealth's military in a bid to make the company's small arms manufacturing even more profitable.
That isn't to say that small arms is all Austen-Armstrong is responsible for. Armstrong's primary claim to fame before the merger was in being the last designer and manufacturer still making artillery pieces in the entire Inner Sphere, producing the highly-accurate Sniper Artillery Cannon. The company's rediscovery of the Long Tom Artillery Cannon was announced in 3012, and it quickly became a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Armstrong's research and development division also produced historic designs for a comprehensive series of autocannons, as well as heavy 'Mech-mounted machineguns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users