'Mech Magic? Maybe

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

(Thurs. January 5, 3049)

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If it smells funny, look under your shoe.

I’ve been pounding the pavement with sore, tired feet for long years on Outreach. Know many a Dragoon better than my own family. Those I give the time of day to, that is. So I know a thing or two. I tell ya, gents, there wasn’t even a whiff of fart in the air when ’Mech Magic Incorporated suddenly opens shop and customers are pouring in two years ago.

Now I’m not one to bad-mouth. Unless you deserve it. So I’m not here saying these guys are gonna shaft ya. Far from it. I’ve kicked the walls in their shop and they’re solid. Jawed with half a dozen customers and there’s nothing but twinkling eyes and flashing teeth. They got the expertise to fix even the oldest ramshackle family ’Mech that hasn’t seen the inside of a true repair shop since the start of the Second Succession War.

I’m just saying they make my skin crawl. Where the heck did they come from? Where’d they get their backing? Almost no one seems to know. Sure, most of the astechs were skimmed from shops from Outreach to Galatea. But the top techs? No one seems to know these guys. And it’s not like they grow on trees, gents. Small community, big ears. And nothing but silence like the echo of locked up C-bills as soon as a Canopian Circus leaves a Lyran world.

Not that I don’t trust the work. You got a problem, they can fix it. But I don’t necessarily like them. I don’t like mysteries. And you gents shouldn’t, either. Lay the cards on the table or it leaves me itching that there’s secrets…and any good merc unit worth its salt hates secrets.

Keep it locked and loaded, gents.

—Jacob Hardenson, MercNet

#2 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Kustom shop baby! Gimme my flames, fuzzy dice and skull shift ****!

Wow, they edit k n o b ?

Edited by Skwisgaar Skwigelf, 05 January 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

This is news to me. Makes sense though, the Dragoons probably outsourced a bunch of their Techs for practice. Seeing as they were given first crack at Clan salvage during the early days of the invasion... very suspicious indeed.

Edited by Ghost, 05 January 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Just don't mess with them. I hear they have an Atlas with a wizard hat and a pimpin' cane that can slap the competition silly.

#5 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

At that point the Dragoons also had the hidden Star League factories on Outreach up and rolling so surely they had some techs that were trained not only in repair but manufacture, even if they didn't let anybody else know about it.

#6 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostGhost, on 05 January 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

This is news to me. Makes sense though, the Dragoons probably outsourced a bunch of their Techs for practice. Seeing as they were given first crack at Clan salvage during the early days of the invasion... very suspicious indeed.

What what WHAT!? I know something Ghost doesn't!?

Mech Magic Inc. turned into Battle Magic in 3054. They formed in 3047.

An elite group of technicians, the Battle Magic mercenary unit specialized in upgrading and refitting military hardware. The unit was destroyed while fighting the forces of Wayne Waco on Outreach, but their development of the advanced Multi-Missile Launcher ensures that their name lives on.

The soon-to-be mercenary unit started as Mech Magic Inc., a BattleMech customization and refit shop on Outreach in 3047. Quickly acquiring a reputation as miracle workers, the elite techs of Mech Magic Inc. began training with the staff of Wolf's Dragoons on how to work with New-tech and Clan-tech in 3051.

I'll check my field manual for more when I get the chance.

Edited by Dihm, 05 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#7 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Oh Dihm. Don't you remember the earlier News Flash about Mech Magic? :V

#8 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Honestly, if there is a skill tree or some kind of pilot upgrade for repair and customization then I will be all over it. I'd enjoy running the mech bay almost as much as the mechs themselves.

#9 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Aw dang it, I did forget about that! Nevermind then. I got excited and jumped the gun. :D

Edited by Dihm, 05 January 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#10 RoundTop

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Ahh the original source of Battle Magic merc unit. Eventual creators of the MML launcher in the early 3070s (before being wiped out when Outreach....well... yeah).

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Battle_Magic

Early history has almost no detail, so looks like a good fill-in. Likely not a Dragoons spin-off. Possible Comstar-backed though

#11 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

There is even more to this news. Look at the end - MercNet. :D

Edited by Adridos, 05 January 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#12 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

'Mech Magic? Oh no, wait 'till the brony's find out :D

#13 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

When Wolf Dragoons are involved, it's always a mystery. Effectively Mech Magic techs had trained with their Wolf Dragoon counterparts. I'm sure that the Dragoons via Blackwell invested in Mech Magic.

#14 ELHImp

Com Guard

• 1,846 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Okay. Where I can get my "I somethinging love Jacob Hardenson articles!" bage?

#15 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yes, but who are these guys? While they may be getting cozy with Wolf's Dragoons, its pretty obvious from this article that they aren't from Blackwell Heavy Industries. Where did they come from? My best guess is the company founders are NAIS dropouts. I'd like to confirm this myself, but New Avalon refuses to approve my press credentials for some reason.

#16 Kallian Ryke

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKelowna, British Columbia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Nothing to see here folks, just an honest merc corp.

Nothing. At. All.

#17 Hunter McGee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Location#7 Hiring Hall Tower. 3, Harlech City, Outreach

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

We've been here... You guys just missed us. Check us out at www.battle-magic.net a division of Mech Magic Inc.

Look at all the Haters... Can't beat success.

And next time, try to get your news straight from the "Mechs Mouth" so to speak. Just ask any of us, we will be happy to give you a tour, and answer your questions.

Edited by Hunter McGee, 06 January 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#18 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

I call Minnesota Tribe! ;)

#19 EDMW CSN

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

Hey it is the precursor to Battle Magic, they are top talent. ;)

#20 Hunter McGee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Location#7 Hiring Hall Tower. 3, Harlech City, Outreach

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Minnesota Tribe... I don't think so. As you can see, I use contractions, and I have both a Mommy, and a Daddy.

Thanks for the plug ISNN. Any press is good press.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users