8 replies to this topic

#1 IronSoldier

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm interested in starting a Merc Corp, but like some people I don't have the time to do everything myself. I already pay for a Teamspeak 3 server with a number of slots, and I have dedicated webhosting -- setting up another site is no issue for me.

Essentially I'm looking for like-minded individuals who do have the time to help do the day to day of managing the corp. This would be a competitive corp, 18+, and you would have to be okay with a little trash talk :D , but all in good fun.

I do have several friends already who will be members and help run the group, but I want to have a few more together before I move forward.

Not that it should matter but i've played Mechwarrior since the good old days of the originals, of course not within the past few years but it's definitely something I want to get back into.

Would anyone be interested? -- No name has been chosen yet.

Thanks,

Edited by IronSoldier, 29 July 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#2 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

If you are going to lead a company, you have to be willing to put in the effort to lead it. Trust me, I saw a WoT clan go down the drain because the owners thought they ruled everything when it was people lower down actually doing all the work. Being one of those lower people, we left the clan, and the ENTIRE old clan followed our lead, minus inactives and the two "Kings." In less than 24 hours that clan went from 70 people to 15. Just a warning and food for thought. Earn the respect of your members through leadership. Do not expect to own a company and have other people run it for you, it leads to arguments and bad times.

#3 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I've been working on getting Gun Special Squadrons (re)formed for here on MWO. It's a Merc Company within FWL with a special forces kind of theme and would be open to casually competitive players (those who want to be competitive but simultaneously can't spend more than a few hours online at a time due to life) where we work qaround each others schedules to make matchups.

Maybe we can come together one this and get something going? I have the will and time to manage a clan but no resources to devote to one.

Edited by Gun Bear, 29 July 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#4 IronSoldier

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 29 July 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

If you are going to lead a company, you have to be willing to put in the effort to lead it. Trust me, I saw a WoT clan go down the drain because the owners thought they ruled everything when it was people lower down actually doing all the work. Being one of those lower people, we left the clan, and the ENTIRE old clan followed our lead, minus inactives and the two "Kings." In less than 24 hours that clan went from 70 people to 15. Just a warning and food for thought. Earn the respect of your members through leadership. Do not expect to own a company and have other people run it for you, it leads to arguments and bad times.

I think you misinterpret what I'm looking for, but thanks for the concern anyway.

#5 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Glad to hear I read it wrong. Good luck with your company. I will see you on the battlefield :)

#6 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostIronSoldier, on 29 July 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'm interested in starting a Merc Corp, but like some people I don't have the time to do everything myself. I already pay for a Teamspeak 3 server with a number of slots, and I have dedicated webhosting -- setting up another site is no issue for me.

Essentially I'm looking for like-minded individuals who do have the time to help do the day to day of managing the corp. This would be a competitive corp, 18+, and you would have to be okay with a little trash talk :) , but all in good fun.

I do have several friends already who will be members and help run the group, but I want to have a few more together before I move forward.

Not that it should matter but i've played Mechwarrior since the good old days of the originals, of course not within the past few years but it's definitely something I want to get back into.

Would anyone be interested? -- No name has been chosen yet.

Thanks,

I'm in the same boat and started my own corp a few days ago. There's already a few of us, please check it out before you dismiss us =)

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/28838-want-to-help-start-a-new-merc-corp/

www.carrioncrows.com

#7 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Good luck starting your team; we need more competition-oriented units around here.

#8 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Glory, please take a look at this thread http://mwomercs.com/...enary-alliance/ and let me know if you're interested

#9 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostGlory, on 29 July 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Good luck starting your team; we need more competition-oriented units around here.

I concur with Glory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users