Duncan Fisher: Who is he and where do his loyalties lie?

55 replies to this topic

#41 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Great singing George! No more proof is needed for the non-believers.

#42 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostGeorge Ledoux, on 26 December 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

I just posted a YouTube video last night of me singing. Yes, I am the voice actor who plays Duncan Fisher. I also have a Soundcloud stream and a facebook page. I'm not going to go to the trouble of recording a soundbite just to convince you, but I will post a tweet on Twitter right now. ;)
https://twitter.com/GLedouxVoiceovr

Yay! someone listens! :D

Point taken George, I was being a little cynical with my last post. Glad to see you here in the MWO community and I hope you're enjoying the game.

#43 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Just found this thread now after hearing Duncan Fisher on the intro to the new 1st RDR Recruiting Vid.

Thanks George for giving us one of the most memorable characters from the Mechwarrior game series.

#44 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

I remember at one point Duncan mentions his favorite weapon was the AC/5. "My favorite weapon was the AC/5. It has a nice recycle time and you can keep someone rocking if you get your timing right." One of the problems with ammunition/Gauss Rifle explosions and certain other damage is it can cause neurofeedback strong enough to damage the brain. The end result is crippling headaches when using a neurohelment. It is one of the more common injuries that can force a pilot into retirement without crippling them. Neurofeedback injuries can be recovered from given enough time.

I always envisioned Duncan Fisher as going out at the top of his game to some sort of accident. After winning the Grand Championship (the only way to get a permanent reserved seat in the Valhalla Club) he suffered severe neurofeedback from an ammo explosion in a exhibition match that ended his fighting days. Maybe ten or so years before the events of MW4: Mercs. As a natural entertainer, career Solaris mechjock, and Grand Champion it was an easy transition to announcer and commentator though he never stops thinking about trying to make a comeback. "Man, look at 'em go down there! Makes me want to strap on a neurohelment and join them. Nope, looks like they'll hold me back. Next time, maybe." His wife, well it sounds like they have been together for a while with some of the quips and she doesn't sound like much of a Solaris fan. "Even my wife has heard of this guy and thinks he's the greatest. Then again, she judges pilots on their jump suit colors, so don't be the farm on that tip 'Mech fans." I would not be surprised if Duncan had a short military career, be he definitely does not have a faction affiliation, or at least is professional enough not to let them slip on the airwaves. Of course he has such a following he can mock the network executives on air without getting into real trouble since fans just eat it up.

Probably my favorite experience playing MW4: Mercs was Duncan Fisher's commentary. Thanks for bringing such a memorable character to life George. I only wish the MW4: Mercs devs had done your commentary more justice by not screwing up Marcus Wilder's commentary in the Factory Assault Circut. It plays the match after the one he participates in.

#45 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 05 May 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I always envisioned Duncan Fisher as going out at the top of his game to some sort of accident.
Hey thanks, Nathan! Have you listened to this?
"The Last Contender" on YouTube.
It's a short story I had commissioned and subsequently recorded as an audiobook-style reading for fans of the Duncan Fisher character. The downloadable audio-only version is on my Soundcloud page.

#46 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Funny thing, I still play MW4Mercs and wouldn't even bother with the Solaris bit if it wasn't for the joy of immersion that is Duncan Fisher. I tip my hat to you for not breaking my suspension of disbelief.

#47 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

glad to see Duncan Fisher is still around, be well and see you on the battlefield.

#48 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Duncan Fisher is in this game??? That's cool, Solaris and Duncan Fisher are still my favorite part of MW4: Mercenaries. I remember when I first heard him refer to the Assault matches as turret matches and have called them that ever since.

Hopefully they figure out a way to work you in once the timeline is right.

#49 R01D5

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Holy Terra

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Big fan of Duncan Fisher, hope to one day hear more of your legendary commentator skills during tournaments, Mr.Ledoux!

Edited by R01D5, 25 May 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#50 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 25 May 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

I totally agree.

#51 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Whaaaaa? Some things just can't stay buried!

#52 Mavek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

"He went down faster than a Kyer-i-tan geisha girl!"

Thanks for the great times man :)

#53 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider