So, what is your favorite AFFS unit?

135 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Harlock

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationSherwood, Periphery March

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Basically, just basically state who your favorite military unit including Davion affiliated Mercs in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns.

Example:

4th Davion Guard- Of all the units in the AFFS, there is only one RCT that is light and powerful with a patch showing a hand holding up a dragon's severed head. Of course, I speak of the 4th Davion Guards. Sure, the RCT finally fell in the FedCom Civil War, but it took three other regiments to do it.

So here is to the unit that probably has the most Dragon Slayer Ribbons, and at the same time probably needs a couple of Falcon Falconer Banners to boot.

#2 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Any of the Avalon Hussars. I love their backstory and their logo, but since they won't be Davions till the end of the Civil War I figure the Syrtis is where I will be.

Edited by barantor, 01 November 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#3 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

View Postlord harlock, on 01 November 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

4th Davion Guard- Of all the units in the AFFS, there is only one RCT that is light and powerful with a patch showing a hand holding up a dragon's severed head. Of course, I speak of the 4th Davion Guards. Sure, the RCT finally fell in the FedCom Civil War, but it took three other regiments to do it.

I actually played the as the 4th stationed on Deshler after the 4th War in 3028. This was WAY back when though!

View Postbarantor, on 01 November 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

Any of the Avalon Hussars. I love their backstory and their logo, but since they won't be Davions till the end of the Civil War I figure the Syrtis is where I will be.

I'd say my favorite is either the 33rd Avalon Hussars or the 7th Crucis Lancers. As for the Hussars, they were one of the first Davion units, and will be some of the last. Just because some had loyalty for Kat don't count them all out. It was a confusing time!

#4 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Davion Light Guard Delta Company.

#5 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

33rd Avalon Hussars! I've played this unit since the late 80's and I'm looking forward to doing so again.

#6 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Mine favorite unit is technically a Mercenary group that is on long term contract to House Davion: Team Banzai.

- Garg.

#7 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hmmm, its gotta be Delta Company.

There's no better Drop than Hot Drop in a Light Mech

#8 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

View Postgargoylekdr, on 01 November 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Mine favorite unit is technically a Mercenary group that is on long term contract to House Davion: Team Banzai.

- Garg.

Team Banzai is a great call: they are basically a house merc unit led by a mad scientist, what's not to love?

#9 Michael Bross

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Its gotta be the Kathil Uhlans. There is no better BTech rags to riches story.

#10 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

Gee. Out of all the units in the AFFS, who could I possibly...

*glances at signature*

Oh, yeah.

Seriously, though, besides having an awesome name, I love the idea of the Armored Cavalry. Speed and firepower = winning, IMHO.

#11 TheWildOnion

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

I have always been partial to the 5th Crucis Lancers; nothing quite like a good Davion Green to make a 'Mech shine.

#12 Bubba Gump

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

I was always a fan of the Davion 5th Guards untill they was nearly wiped out on Kathil so im now i'll have to go with the 3rd Davion Guards

#13 Yeach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Davion Heavy Guards
why not?

#14 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hmm, lots of Brigade of Guards fans here but I haven't seen many Ceti Hussar fans yet. I'm thinking that we need to push some of the lesser Brigades.

#15 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Heavy guards FTW for me. :)

#16 Lord Harlock

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationSherwood, Periphery March

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

View Postpaladin1, on 01 November 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hmm, lots of Brigade of Guards fans here but I haven't seen many Ceti Hussar fans yet. I'm thinking that we need to push some of the lesser Brigades.

Well, my second favorite unit is the 1st FedCom/1st FedSuns Lancers who do not know the definition of the word: die. Really in Jihad: Hot Spots 3070, they were supposedly destroyed utterly on St. Ives according to the Capellan State Run Media aka CBS. Amazingly, I bought that hook, line, and sinker. And then somehow, they reappeared in Jihad Hotspots: Terra as if nothing ever happened. Field Report: AFFS detailed the truth: they were never at St. Ives in the first place. So the unit built by the union of Davion and Steiner still existed though they were reduced to a Light Combat Team or LCT. (For those who have not read current sourcebooks, the Word of Blake Jihad ripped most of the militaries and planets in the Inner Sphere to shreds. To reorganize and defend the realm, Marshall of the Armies Jon Davion reorganized several rebuilding units into LCTs as opposed to Regimental Combat Teams. These units are constructed as a battalion of mechs, a regiment of armor, and a regiment of battle armored troops which can be transported by one Star Lord jumpship.) So I guess yeah!

I also have a fondness for the 1st Kestel Grenadiers which I've never exactly understood. I just like them for some reason. It's probably their colors or possibly their symbol-the torch.

Edited by lord harlock, 01 November 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#17 Burner

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

in the signature HHoD of course.

#18 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

No love for the Grenadiers? 1st Kestrel all the way.

#19 Iyosin

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationBradenton, Florida

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'm not sure if you can considering them a Davion unit, or if they would be a Merc unit or some weird combination of the two. They also aren't exactly old, they are fairly new. But I'd have to say Archer's Avengers is my favorite Davion loyal unit. Outside of that, Davion Heavy Guard and 1st Davion Guards.

#20 duncan boltrane

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

I am, I believe, the only loyal fan of the 1st Chisholm's Raiders in BT history. But **** it, they're my boys! Been playing them since 1987.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users