Ask The Devs 47: Shooting For Clans Release In Q1/q2 Of 2014.

55 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just thought I would post this here for those to see who might have missed it. Looks as though we will not be seeing the Clans until *tentatively* next Spring

View PostmiSs, on 23 September 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Question from Redshift2k5: Will November, December, etc see more than one mech released per month? With all four primary Project Pheonix mechs coming out in October, plus reinforcements in December.. If those mechs are all completed months ahead of their c-bill release date, will we see any additional mechs released during that time (ie, mechs being created during the span from October 2013 to Feb 2014?)

Answer from Bryan: We’ve created a nice little 3 month buffer to get ahead of our `Mech of The Month (MOTM) releases. This window was created and designed to allow us some time to experiment with Clan technologies and `Mechs. Our goal is to have the Clan starting lineup (4-6) `Mechs ready and completed for launch in the first two quarters of next year. So while we could focus on doubling up MOTM releases, we feel this time is going to be spent on Clan technologies.

It would appear the Wardens have forestalled the invasion once more

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Actually, this is possibly good news- at least for those wanting a decent version of CW. If CW is released anytime in the next three months, that gives us 2-5 months of non-Clan interference to work out all the bugs/get engrossed in the battles of CW. Then when the Clans show up we'll get a real viseral shock- our territory that we've worked for is actually getting invaded.

#3 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Excellent. Expect clans to release around 2051.

#4 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

At least we got an estimate.

They couldn't have told this before launch or at the launch?

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Will believe once I see it...

#6 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 23 September 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Actually, this is possibly good news- at least for those wanting a decent version of CW. If CW is released anytime in the next three months, that gives us 2-5 months of non-Clan interference to work out all the bugs/get engrossed in the battles of CW. Then when the Clans show up we'll get a real viseral shock- our territory that we've worked for is actually getting invaded.

This would be the ideal situation, buuuut.....

View PostShinVector, on 24 September 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Will believe once I see it...

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Excellent. Expect clans to release around 2051.

Precisely

#7 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Honestly they cant balance SRMS, Flamers, LBX, Ultra5's can you imagine how broke clan tech is going to be.

#8 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Haven't... haven't we done this once already?

Man, I'm having the strangest case of deja vu.

#9 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 24 September 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Haven't... haven't we done this once already?

Man, I'm having the strangest case of deja vu.

uuh no we haven't done this once already, I think it's thrice or 4 times now we've seen a clan date..

edit: THough I do think it moved up didn't it? I thought last they mentioned clans it was q3 2014? or was it q3 2013? lost track with how slow PGI is..

edit edit: wow that's really sad I can't recall how far it's been pushed back because it's been pushed back so much :S

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 24 September 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#10 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

I truly wish all you want to be witty naysayers would take a flying leap right out of these forums and game all together, or at the very least go outside every once in awhile.

#11 Deconstructor

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm just putting this here:

Posted Image

#12 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 24 September 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

uuh no we haven't done this once already, I think it's thrice or 4 times now we've seen a clan date..

edit: THough I do think it moved up didn't it? I thought last they mentioned clans it was q3 2014? or was it q3 2013? lost track with how slow PGI is..

edit edit: wow that's really sad I can't recall how far it's been pushed back because it's been pushed back so much :S

I meant that as more along the lines of them saying we should expect something within the first half of the next year. In other words last year it was mentioned to expect clans early in 2013 ;)

But yes, I am sadly aware of how many times clan tech (and many other things) has been pushed back ;)

#13 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 24 September 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

But yes, I am sadly aware of how many times clan tech (and many other things) has been pushed back ;)

Like a few people have said, this could be a positive, as it allows for CW to finally appear, and maybe the return of the 1:1 Timeline, which is the only proper way they should be introduced.

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostDI3T3R, on 24 September 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

At least we got an estimate.

They couldn't have told this before launch or at the launch?

Seriously?

They have given us at least three estimates of when the Clans were to arrive. This "estimate" will also pass. 1Q/2Q 2015 is my guess, and late at that. Frankly, I'd rather just have 3025 at this point.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 24 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#15 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostDeconstructor, on 24 September 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm just putting this here:

Posted Image

For some reason.. Just looking at the pic, makes me happy. Thanks. :)

#16 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 24 September 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Like a few people have said, this could be a positive, as it allows for CW to finally appear, and maybe the return of the 1:1 Timeline, which is the only proper way they should be introduced.

Don't get me wrong, I may have the occasional snide or snarky remark but I am trying to remain hopeful here. If this estimate and is accurate and we get Clans or CW in the first half of next year along with the return of the timeline then I will be jubilant. If however there is another delay for some reason then oh well. I'm just not letting my hopes get too high this time.

#17 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 25 September 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I'm just not letting my hopes get too high this time.

Same here. I just like to post a positive comment now and then so people don't gain the impression that I believe the sky is falling.

It's sitting pretty low currently though

#18 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

I tried being positive in the beginning, but after as long as this game has been out and were still getting a lot of bugs, and balance issues, I've pretty much lost hope that this is the game we have been deserving and waiting for oh...about a decade or more now. Just because this small team was interested in making a mechwarrior game, doesn't mean it will get others who have bigger wallots and teams will make story based games, or other mechwarrior related stuff.

I doubt we will ever even see the clans, I can just see something major happening that will cause the dev to shut the game down for some long period of time.

Just a feeling really.

#19 Plonky

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 25 September 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

I tried being positive in the beginning, but after as long as this game has been out and were still getting a lot of bugs, and balance issues, I've pretty much lost hope that this is the game we have been deserving and waiting for oh...about a decade or more now. Just because this small team was interested in making a mechwarrior game, doesn't mean it will get others who have bigger wallots and teams will make story based games, or other mechwarrior related stuff.

I doubt we will ever even see the clans, I can just see something major happening that will cause the dev to shut the game down for some long period of time.

Just a feeling really.

You know, they could make us all feel a lot better if they would just communicate a bit better. If we knew what was going on we would be focused on what is going to happen, rather than what isn't happening.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 25 September 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Something like an Exodus of casual players to Star Citizien and a second Exodus of the Founders still playing the game? :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users