• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image
http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net

This week the crew has a special guest, Mr. Boo.
The ‘Mercury’ battlemech is the for mech of the week and heavy discussion on battlemech chassis! Community questions, Mechwarrior: Online, Mechwarrior: Tactics, Mechwarrior: Living Legends, Mechwarrior: Tactical Command and more! Tune in, listen in and enjoy the show!

00:03:14 News
00:10:13 Special Guest: MrBoo
00:10:54 ‘Mech of the Week: Mercury
00:23:51 Community Questions
00:39:03 MechWarrior: Online
01:07:36 MechWarrior: Tactics
01:12:14 MechWarrior: Living Legends
01:15:37 MechWarrior: Tactical Command
01:17:32 MekTek

#2 Lanmythe

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks! Hadn't heard these before and they're interesting. As one of the few individuals who enjoyed Dark Age, though, I'm always a little turned off by people that have such an intense hatred for it, even the person mentioning it (in the Tactics section) said it with such vitriol, "don't say Dark Age!". I played the TT (even recently picked up the 25th Anniversary Edition), and all the MW games, and while I don't look at it as canon I can't fathom why people harbor so much ill will toward it...it's not as though an individual were forced to play it, and quite a few of us enjoyed it.

Didn't mean to get off-topic, just a pet peeve I have with BattleTech/Mechwarrior fans in general.

Anyway, thanks again!

Edited by Lanmythe, 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#3 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Its no problem and thank you for listening.

I personally enjoyed some aspects of the Dark Age series, but something just felt off in Dark Age when compared to the original classic battletech. Thats why I think that some fans of CBT felt a bit let down by it. Personally I think some of the books such as Fortress Republic and The Scorpion Jar are quite good. I know I often joke about how "terrible" dark age was as a bit of a joke based on the amount of hate it gets. :D

Should also note that my views do not reflect the same as the rest of the NGNG crew.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users