Steiner Communication Hub Is Online

185 replies to this topic

#1 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a community environment for independent House Steiner Units, allied House Davion Units, and those mercenary units loyal to each of them in Mechwarrior Online. This environment will encourage resource sharing, enhance teamwork, and foster friendly and productive community growth through a common communications port.

Community
Our community is one of competition. Through this community we hope to find common ground between House Steiner units. This common ground will provide camaraderie and resources to be competitive. Being competitive is always having a chance to win, ensuring pilots will enjoy the game, and building a reputation within the community. By giving unit pilots and unit leadership a communication hub to share ideas, knowledge of game mechanics, battlefield tactics, and information on enemy units, we increase our competitiveness.

This community is not a chain of command. No one will have authority over yourself or your gaming experience. To accommodate cooperation towards common goals while respecting the individuality of player groups, the idea of Battle Groups was formed for interaction in the community.

Posted Image

[Above Graph shows the concept of the communication of the Hub. At the base are all pilots interacting, sharing their knowledge and experiences, and building a community. Each Battle Group is independent of each other, with their own respective chains of commands. Battle Group Leaders share a discussion forum to represent their group to bring up issues, coordinate efforts in game, and evolve the Battle Groups to meet the needs of the game. On top is titled "NPC Archon" as no player will assume the position of Archon, it will be held by the developers and game mechanics.]

BattleGroups
In addition to the Communication Hub's goal of encouraging communication between each individual pilot, the Hub is also set up to support the idea of a Battle Group. A Battle Group is a unit or group of units with its own chain of command independent of other Battle Groups. Since each Battle Group has its own chain of command, it will not be interfered with by other Battle Groups regardless of individual rank. Emphasis on each Battle Group is its own entity.

The idea of a Battle Group rose from the requirement of flexibility. Without knowing exactly what we will be able to do on a strategic level within the game, a form of cooperation between groups needed to exist before knowing what the objectives of that cooperation would be. The idea is designed to remain simple and adapt to any situation we find ourselves in, so input on the idea is not only encouraged it is required to meet the organizational challenges we will find in the future.

Hub Resources
By combining resources and organizing we will achieve more than we can separately. Recruiting tools are offered in the way of forum and website advertisement of units, a large recruitment pool of available pilots, and volunteer training groups to assist pilots with learning basic piloting and teamwork skill sets. In addition knowledge of website and graphics creation will be shared along with other common issues that the community wants addressed.

Please join us at www.housesteiner.com and sign up for the forum to help shape this Steiner Hub community.

Edited by Silent Monk, 12 March 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#2 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

im looking to join a steiner clan or something message me or something ive been playing for awhile

#3 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postscrew ball, on 01 August 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

im looking to join a steiner clan or something message me or something ive been playing for awhile

screw ball, If you like, feel free to join up on our forums at http://forum.housesteiner.com to see what different units are active on the Hub. There are also, of course, several excellent units active that are not yet represented on the House Steiner Communications Hub (although we would be honored to have them if they so choose) who have been posting here on MWO forums.

As a general response to everyone reading, we have worked on the concept of the Hub as described by Monk for the last few months, but as with all things, it will be improved and the best way to do that is to add new ideas and creative input from others. We encourage all units interested in joining the other affiliated units at http://housesteiner.com to participate in the collaborative and community-building effort we know this group is capable of. We have a dedicated group of pilots from all eras of online gaming and tabletop interests. If you're interested in learning more before signing up, feel free to PM Monk or myself and we'd be happy to chat with you on our dedicated TeamSpeak server if you like.

We're all looking forward to MechWarrior:Online and the community it can bring life back to. ~Salute~ to you!

Edited by Journeyman, 01 August 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#4 Oshay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Québec, Terra

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

I would simply like to mention that even if you're not yet in a unit, the hub is an excellent place to make your feelings known, and to meet people and make friends. I've been able to team up with and drop with Steiner pilots, and they're friendly and helpful even if you're not yet in a unit.

It's worth checking out, and signing up, even if you don't intend to post much. The comms are first rate, and atmosphere is good... why not come down and give it a try?

#5 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

The 19AG backs this effort 100%

Through communication and co-operation, House Steiner can dominate this game. They need everyone's input to make this work the way it is envisioned however so, put in your .02 C-Bills.

http://forum.housesteiner.com/

What are you waiting for?

#6 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Archon-Princess Melissa Steiner is a reliable employer. Colonel Wolf has chosen to accept contracts with her, and therefor we do as well.

The Devil Dogs Mercenary Corporation, moving toward Galaxy strength, specialize in anti-terrorist and clandestine operations. We do not recruit, but we welcome prospective Mechwarriors to fight with us. Those who have what it takes to run with the pack can join us in hell. The rest, we will leave for the scavengers.

Currently we have two trinaries. Q.E.D. Black Sheep and the Hell Hounds.

Edited by Peiper, 04 October 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#7 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

The size of your group doesn't matter, and there is no limit to how many Battle Groups are added. Each BG maintains it's own chain of command, and has a voice in community building. We've got a new game here, and it's not like any online league, we need a new way of doing things. You can be part of shaping the future of the MWO community. A lot of time and effort has gone into this concept, I hope you'll at least take a look and give it a try.

~SALUTE~

#8 Shadow Skye

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hey folks. I recognize a lot of names from MPBT 3025. This game legit, and is it releasing soon?

#9 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

There shall be many Atlai brothers.

#10 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postscrew ball, on 01 August 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Very well, then I extend to you an invitation to join the Skye Rangers 4th company.

http://www.skye-rangers.net/home

#11 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostShadow Skye, on 02 August 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hey folks. I recognize a lot of names from MPBT 3025. This game legit, and is it releasing soon?

It's in beta, don't know when the full public release will happen. There are many Solaris/3025 folks around, you can re-connect over at the hub.

#12 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 02 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Very well, then I extend to you an invitation to join the Skye Rangers 4th company.

And in turn, we invite you and the Skye Rangers 4th Company, to join the House Steiner Communications Hub at http://forum.housesteiner.com. We can set you up with a subforum section of your own for providing information on your unit and on how pilots like screw ball can learn more and join. Communications and coordination will help build our community! ~Salute~

#13 Haywood

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Ok, I see a Teamspeak3 server link on your forums there. I didnt want to just jump in. Is it for everyone to use or does that belong to a specific unit?

#14 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for asking Haywood. The TeamSpeak server is offered freely to all House pilots, Davion friends, and merc groups working with the House. We are setting up channels dedicated to those individual units interested so they can assemble their teams and work together, or coordinate with other units. We have some pilots currently engaging in regular practice, but feel free to drop on and introduce yourself to begin meeting other Steiner pilots!

#15 WuhSawBe

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIronhold/Outreach

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Been on Housesteiner.com for awhile now, (mostly lurking) I'll have to start getting more active on there. Maybe sign up my unit: The Social Generals, just to help organize the war effort so we SG's are not just "doing our own thing" when the game launches.

See you guys around!

o7

#16 PerryRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

The Social Generals are more than welcome to sign up with the Hub.

#17 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostJourneyman, on 03 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

The TeamSpeak server is offered freely to all House pilots, Davion friends, and merc groups working with the House. We are setting up channels dedicated to those individual units interested so they can assemble their teams and work together, or coordinate with other units.

Getting some good participation on the TS3 server here (especially in the evenings). It is great to see so many people laughing and discussing the game in one spot. I know many of you are using the Beta TS3 server but, would love if you came and joined us Steiner and Steiner loyal mercs one "the other" server sometimes too...

www.housesteiner.com

#18 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hey guys. I represent the 12th Donegal Guards which were formed in the german community. We are interested to join this great project to get some coordination between player units of various timezones into the meta game.

Currently we consist of a reinforced bataillon 4 companies strong (48 members). Our forum can be found at www.12donegal.de and we have our own TS3 server. We would be glad to hear from you!

Let's crush the foes of the lyran state together!

PS: PM me. And yeah, we're not using the Crocodile theme!

Edited by Von Falkenstein, 04 August 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#19 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Interesting concept, a House Steiner hub ;) ... it'd be nice if the other major LCAF units will join, too ... my preferred affiliation would be with the 10th or 11th Lyran Guards (I am pretty sure that I am not the only one though) ...

#20 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

friendly bump

Your unit involved yet?

Why not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users