185 replies to this topic

#41 Homadais

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, Washington

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'm not shure what we can truly offer to these discusions. But please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

#42 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostHomadais, on 13 August 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'm not shure what we can truly offer to these discusions. But please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Steiner communication hub, not Fedcom communication hub.

#43 Asaroth

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Sounds interesting

#44 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 13 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Actually, the hub was designed to provide a severable link between Steiner and Davion thanks to input from Homadais. So, my response to his post is: keep the input coming, community building takes a community.

Phase II of the project is outreach, and is coming soon I'm told.

#45 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

That's right, Homadais, come to the dark side... err the blue side. But to clear any confusion since I could of written the original post better, the Hub includes some FedComm units. For example the 1st FedCom RCT lead by Alfred VonGunn is in the Hub. Also Homadais is a member of the Tikonov 5th Republican Guard which, as the lore has been explained to me, is a unit Davion gave to Steiner in response to the marriage etc, etc. So while he is a Davion, if/when the houses split he will be playing for Steiner.

On top of all this, even though Davion has their own thing going on, as long as there is a FedComm in the game any Davion units and pilots are welcome to our forum. In addition, I would hope some Davions would in turn not mind some Steiners as guests on their forums while this in game alliance lasts. It's all an interesting idea, and something I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Either way, thank you for all the posts gents. Lets keep on creating these lines of communication.

View PostGattling Fenn, on 13 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

#46 DeathDealer 6

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Nice Com Hub guys.

Mind if a House Steiner raised Merc stops by every now and then to check on the home front?

#47 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

You are more than welcome to head over to housesteiner.com if you have not all ready, my friend. Keep in mind, in addition to all the unit to unit interactions, when allowed to discuss and share information by the game devs we'll have all sorts of how-to's, pilot guides, and topics to share battlefield knowledge and configs. So a pilot, even one not attached to a Steiner unit, can learn from and add to the discussions to be had.

#48 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Looks promising. And just for Skadi's benefit, it's Atlases. :)

#49 PerryRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

I filled the Steiner Communications Hub swimming pool with Piranha -- only registered members and units can skinny dip there without getting eaten. Also, the floating wet bar has been restocked with beverages from around the Inner Sphere. Canadian BBQ is on the menu this week too.

#50 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I just logged into the comm hub and started using the TS server and it has been really easy. I know have lots of friends in game and don't have to go with noob PUGs anymore

#51 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

psst... hey, you... your team registered at the HuB yet?

www.housesteiner.com

Get your team involved!!

#52 DeathDealer 6

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostSilent Monk, on 13 August 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

You are more than welcome to head over to housesteiner.com if you have not all ready, my friend. Keep in mind, in addition to all the unit to unit interactions, when allowed to discuss and share information by the game devs we'll have all sorts of how-to's, pilot guides, and topics to share battlefield knowledge and configs. So a pilot, even one not attached to a Steiner unit, can learn from and add to the discussions to be had.

Thank You Very Much

I shall keep that in mind.

How would a Merc Unit go about getting included on the Hub?

Just wondering. I'm currently signed up for a standard 5 year merc contract with Armageddon Unlimited, we work for (almost) anybody if the price is right. <hint, hint.> :)

Edited by DeathDealer 6, 18 August 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#53 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey again. Getting a unit involved in the Hub just takes two steps.

1) Any pilots that want to participate go to www.housesteiner.com and register to the forum.
2) PM an admin (red names) stating you want some of the forum set aside for a unit.

In that area you can recruit, provide links to your website, share the history of your unit, and participate in the rest of the forum as you choose. For example, some units are scheduling drop nights together to get as many full teams going as possible without having to drop with random pilots.

Edited by Silent Monk, 18 August 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#54 DeathDealer 6

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Copy that Silent Monk.

Will let our Colonel know and you never know, we might do just that.

Endcom

#55 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Been really enjoying our nightly drops. The TS gets jumping and the wins start flowin and the good times prevail...

Join us for a few drops?

#56 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

We've got several units affiliated now including a few European units. If you and your unit are interested in networking, sharing information, and just having fun, feel free to visit us on our forums at www.forum.housesteiner.com. PGI is doing a great job and we can't wait for things to go live for everyone!

#57 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

Get your unit registered asap! Together we shall crush the snakes! :)

#58 John Raptor Ambrose

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Greetings everyone. The Legion of the White Rose has applied for membership to the hub. While waiting for approval I thought I would drop by and introduce myself as the CO and give you a little bit of background on our group.

Name: Legion of the White Rose
Affiliation or Faction: Steiner affiliated Mercenary, currently under retainer to House Steiner of the Lyran Commonwealth
Preferred Focus and Tactics: Force Recon and Fast Assault
Preferred Time Zone: Neg 7 Zulu (Pacific Time)

The Legion of the White Rose was formally founded before the end of the Third Succession War by a group of officers and mechwarriors from the now defunct "Black-Rose Legion", which was largely destroyed during a raid by DCMS forces in 3019. Due to the valiant manner in which the mercenaries had availed themselves against a superior force in defense of its assets, the new company was given an immediate contract with Lyran Commonwealth. Still under contract to the LC, the Legionnaires frequently request raiding missions into Kurita space.

According to their postings, the Legion is currently recruiting:

Reputable mercenary company open to new recruits. Multiple positions open for mech pilots, technicians, and general labor who are looking for a new home to earn solid pay while ripping it up on the far reaches of the periphery.

Behind the Scenes: The online gaming guild known as the Legion of the White Rose was founded in 1998 by members of a long running Battletech tabletop gaming group collectively known as the "Black-Rose Legion". In the early to mid-90's, this group consisted of roughly two dozen gamers in rural Minnesota who would spend countless hours and late nights pouring over hexmaps, discussing the finer points of difference between the different versions of the Mercenary's Handbook, rolling dice, and painting a small army of Ral Partha miniatures.

Contracts came and went, players moved away or moved on from the hobby, but even today, separated by thousands of miles, the Legion marches on. It's been 20 years since we've been able to turn our eyes toward negotiations on Outreach, but our love of the Mechwarrior universe has only grown in the interim.

So, we're shaking the dust off our old character sheets (2nd edition is still my favorite), finding old CD-Roms full of rosters and mech configurations, and we're putting some time and effort into beefing up our home PCs. It's time to get back into the fight.

#59 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Silent Monk, 11 September 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#60 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

It's awesome to see more pilots participate in the Hub. There are multiple teams dropping week nights and throughout the day on weekends. I look forward to dropping with Legion of the White Rose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users