• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 01 March 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Im back! and as a request from Pariah, i painted the Ebon Jag. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Once I swap out the guns it will be perfect. :D Irony is an Ebon Jaguar in Nova Cat colors.

Finally, a Jaguar mech that looks good! A coat of Nova Cat paint and a Nova Cat pilot is just what the doctor ordered, quiaff?

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 02 March 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#6322 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 March 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Once I swap out the guns the Harbinger II will be perfect. :D Irony is an Ebon Jaguar in Nova Cat colors.

Finally, a Jaguar mech that looks good! A coat of Nova Cat paint and a Nova Cat pilot is just what the doctor ordered, quiaff?

Are you saying that the Mad Dog does not look good? :ph34r:

#6323 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 March 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

It is a special kind of ugly. Like a duckling. :lol:

#6324 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 March 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

The Mad Dog is great, though it is more a Ghost Bear mech. (see 3050 Clan Assignment table)

I also find the Mist Lynx very cute, the Stormcrow cool, the Warhawk decent (except for the low swung LRM) and the Dire Wolf acceptable.

Now lets see how the Shadow Cat and Arctic Cheetah will look.

PC: OK, probably the only Clan mechs I'm not totally happy are the Summoner (ugly cockpit, strange proportions) and the Timber Wolf (great concept art, translated badly to the ingame model). Best good looking: Adder, Nova and Hellbringer. Cauldron-Born and Executioner both look terrific in the concept art.

#6325 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

Heh, I've logged today to check how MWO is going on and found these two new marvelous Clan Mechs art by FD, nice-nice (Great work, LastKhan, btw!).
Anyone's up for some renown Jade Falcons' Executioner repaints? One of treacherous Vandervahn Chistu or one belonged to Star Captain Jula Huddock of Falcon Guard's Alpha Trinary killed in ambush near Olalla or, maybe, 95-tonner of Star Colonel Senza Oreiga of the Twelfth Falcon Regulars, demolished on the Prezno river's bridge during the battle of Tukayyid. Cheers!

Edit: my bad, forgot that Executioner's tonnage is 95, not 90t.

Edited by Featherwood, 02 March 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#6326 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostOzealot, on 02 March 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

Oh, I just love'em all. My precious.

Started `95 with MechWarrior 2, so I was instantly using ClanTech. There I finally went JadeFalcon after I was playing Wolf (cool animal, no?) first but noticed they are traitors (!) switching to Warden. I can't get enough of them Clan Mechs!

What I absolutely want to pilot in MWO are the Blood Asp and the Nova Cat! Oh, and the Cougar, the Wendigo and the ...

I also started with MW2: I spent dozens of hours with the MW2 demo from a PC Gamer CD before buying the complete game.

Blood Asp and Nova Cat? Surely the heavy and assault of the Clan Wave 5. ;)

But the Wendigo... there is a lot of confusion around that one. It was just a re-skinned Nova Cat in MechAssault 2 (where it got famous). The real Wendigo is so far ahead in the BT timeline (3135) that I doubt it will ever feature in a MW game...

#6327 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostOdanan, on 02 March 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

I also started with MW2: I spent dozens of hours with the MW2 demo from a PC Gamer CD before buying the complete game.

Blood Asp and Nova Cat? Surely the heavy and assault of the Clan Wave 5. ;)

But the Wendigo... there is a lot of confusion around that one. It was just a re-skinned Nova Cat in MechAssault 2 (where it got famous). The real Wendigo is so far ahead in the BT timeline (3135) that I doubt it will ever feature in a MW game...

I always looked at the Wendigo as a less mobile Huntsman, personally. Now that is a medium mech I could get with! Here is hoping for Clan Wave 4.

#6328 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 02 March 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Heh, I've logged today to check how MWO is going on and found these two new marvelous Clan Mechs art by FD, nice-nice (Great work, LastKhan, btw!).
Anyone's up for some renown Jade Falcons' Executioner repaints? One of treacherous Vandervahn Chistu or one belonged to Star Captain Jula Huddock of Falcon Guard's Alpha Trinary killed in ambush near Olalla or, maybe, 90-tonner of Star Colonel Senza Oreiga of the Twelfth Falcon Regulars, demolished on the Prezno river's bridge during the battle of Tukayyid. Cheers!

I want to do the Vandervahn Chistu Executioner, but didn't find information about the colors and particularities.

#6329 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 March 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

I always looked at the Wendigo as a less mobile Huntsman, personally. Now that is a medium mech I could get with! Here is hoping for Clan Wave 4.

I know I will buy the Clan Wave IV top tier, so I hope PGI wait at least 7 months for my wallet to recover...

#6330 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostOzealot, on 02 March 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Omg, yes! I played the demo level for days! The one where you had to defend the base for a while, snow map if I remember correctly! First time ever I used a Marauder IIC...

Yeah, I remember playing with the Marauder IIC in the demo. The dual PPCs were powerful, but the mech had a tendency to lose its legs easily.

"Defend the Fire Base" was one of my preferred maps in MW2 (but it got too easy after I customized a Nova with 12 machineguns and 2 small pulse lasers)

#6331 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostOdanan, on 02 March 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

I want to do the Vandervahn Chistu Executioner, but didn't find information about the colors and particularities.

There are no particular mentioning of personal markings on Vandervahn Chistu's Executioner. It is only known that he was a saKhan and commanded Turkina Keshik in later years. The 'Bred for War' contains only brief description of Gladiator (bleh) during the challenge on Wotan: "lone Gladiator in Jade Falcon colors stood in the plaza..."
Thought AMS and reconfigured small laser (swapped for TAG?) were mentioned. Thus, it's generally up to artist's imagination how to model saKhan's Mech of choice exterior. The cover of 'Malicious Intent' has a bright green Executioner on it, but it's hardly a way to go, IMO. You may consider checking JF sourcebook for inspiration if you like it.

Edited by Featherwood, 02 March 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#6332 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 02 March 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

There are no particular mentioning of personal markings on Vandervahn Chistu's Executioner. It is only known that he was a saKhan and commanded Turkina Keshik in later years. The 'Bred for War' contains only brief description of Gladiator (bleh) during the challenge on Wotan: "lone Gladiator in Jade Falcon colors stood in the plaza..."
Thought AMS and reconfigured small laser (swapped for TAG?) were mentioned. Thus, it's generally up to artist's imagination how to model saKhan's Mech of choice exterior. The cover of 'Malicious Intent' has a bright green Executioner on it, but it's hardly a way to go, IMO. You may consider checking JF sourcebook for inspiration if you like it.

Now I know my next repaint...

PS: JF is actually the only physical faction source book I own...

Edited by Odanan, 02 March 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#6333 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

In addition to what i mentioned before, id love to see a clan mongoose coloured cauldron born.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6334 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

Working on the Vandervahn Chistu's Executioner. Man, that falcon camo is hard to do!

#6335 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

"Don't look at me, I'm not ready!"

WARNING: serious Work in Progress.
Spoiler

I'm really struggling with this one.

It is a Turkina Keshik mech and in theory, the falcon camo is amazing.
But the colors are ugly and the shape of the mech doesn't help me doing the falcon shape.

I'm afraid only Ironhawk would be able to make this right...

Edited by Odanan, 04 March 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#6336 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

It's here!
(and they did the extra kindness to release it without background)
Posted Image

#6337 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

I approve of this concept art... now can the modeling team do it justice ? We'll have to wait and see...

#6338 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

looks like PGI's shadow cat is a cross between the MW4 (the rounded legs) and the MW3 models (torsos and arms) me like, me like very much :D

#6339 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I love it! Im not to sure, but i think i can kinda see some of the structure i drew in my old Shadow Cat art. Like the cockpit and the stuff along the top of the head, Where the medium laser is structured. Interesting if they did use it as a reference cause its not to far off. :)

http://tigeri210.dev...oster-457053399
http://tigeri210.dev...w-Cat-424084117

Edited by LastKhan, 04 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#6340 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

Awwww yeaaa the shadowcat looks awesome! Hopefully the modeling team won't mess up the wave three guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users