185 replies to this topic

#181 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Good to see some new blood entering into the forums Scotsman :)

My only commentary would be a request to flesh out your character a little. This is a swanky summit with the elite of the inner sphere attending these parties. Both nights are invitation only. Can you explain a little how an out of work merc would be invited?

Also just a heads up, this is primarily a character driven RP and is not expected to have much, if any mech combat. That being said, if you are still interested I think we'd all love to have you.

#182 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I can imagine her fetching an invitation from an acquaintance or family member. Her family owns a large facility on Blue Hole that harvests fresh water. Her entire family is moderately rich, and anyone she knew or any cousins/distant relatives she might run into would both recognize her and be of class.

With this being said, she has been spending a lot of time sleeping in her cockpit and is more grease than person at this point. I think she wouldn't be terribly comfortable there, but she would probably want in for the sake of getting attached to a lance in a mercenary outfit. She is looking for more reliable work, and has good references, albeit from non-combat work only. Plus a wealthy background.

#183 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

So due to a PnP RP I'm in that starts tonight, I keep thinking the Goliath Room is full of these:
http://en.wikipedia....th_tracked_mine

Worst part? It's an RP set in 2070. I intend to specialize in those things anyway.
It's gonna be real hard to remind myself it's a swanky ball room and not an armory...

#184 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ok, with the present storyline, Asfrid would/could only be attending this before attending Academy, most likely as a gesture to make her father think she is falling in line, but in reality to mingle with mech pilots, or potentially weasel herself into an outfit or pilot academy. She has a little experience and very basic know-how, but nothing hands on.

If anything, it would be a slap of reality for her, or a chance to get some real training. Assuming she can escape her attending family or those who may recognize her and attempt to trap her with conversation.

#185 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Sounds good, Asfrid Malgalm approved!

#186 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

That sounds like a pretty interesting character flyingscotsman. The naive kid looking to make it big in a mech company. My character is a pretty jaded combat vet against the combine and would love to talk to your character about it. Could make for some interesting conversation. Hurry up and jump on in :-P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users